hystericglamma vs HSBC - claim started July '07

hystericglamma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya guys and girls,

This is my first post here.

I only started my claim against the bank charges on my account in July. I managed to get the last 6 years of my statements from my internet banking and added up a total of £3400 or so in overdraft charges over that period. I sent my letter off to HSBC and I have received what I guess is a standard response a couple of weeks later, along the lines of 'we are waiting for the outcome of the courts and putting all claims on hold'.

Now I was just going to sit tight and wait for the outcome of the court case, but a friend of mine has said that his friend is continuing with his claim regardless. My question is - should I do the same? I had a search through some of the other threads but couldn't find an answer, and I wasn't sure if there was a template set up for a response to the letter that I had received. Any advice would be really really appreciated, as I am utterly useless with these sorts of things!

All the best

hg

Hiya. Thanks v much for your speedy reply. The thing is, if all claims are apparently on hold now is there any point in sending a follow-up letter demanding repayment? I can't seem to find a template for a response to the OFT case letter...