Welcome Finance -secured debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I have a secured debt with Welcome (I know :Cry: This was from a loan I had previously. Everything had been ok with small loans(unsecured) which I paid back sucessfully. I needed to get a loan and turned to them for obvious reasons at the time. The loan was for 5K and I didnt realise it until later that it was a secured loan. I do have a agreement (thin piece of green paper that you can hardly read and nothing else), which doesnt say it is secured and I cant see their signature on the bottom or date. The amount now owing is >15K (I will check and repost with everything confirmed tonight). I havent been paying it as they are 3rd inline and they have just left it/me alone and not bothered me, aprt from ocassionally advising of the amount owing with a statement.

My question is that what is the procedure for getting rid of this one?:-?

Any answers gratefully received.

regards

Highjinks

If it is definitely a secured loan then you need to be very careful as it may not be covered by CCA regs and usually once 2-3 months arrears have passed they can go for repossession of your home. Which is why quite often they don't make as much contact as unsecured creditors - they simply don't need to.

I would suggest that you do a realistic budget ( link to good one below ) as if you physically can't afford to pay it you will need to look to either negotiate with Welcome to eg extend period of loan to reduce monthly payment ( which will obviously cost more in the long run ) or seriously think about whther you can afford to stay in the property. I'm not trying to be a prophet of doom but you are not in a strong position with secured lenders and Welcome can be quite aggressive...

National Debtline England & Wales | Personal Budget Sheet

Hi everyone

I have a secured debt with Welcome (I know :Cry: This was from a loan I had previously. Everything had been ok with small loans(unsecured) which I paid back sucessfully. I needed to get a loan and turned to them for obvious reasons at the time. The loan was for 5K and I didnt realise it until later that it was a secured loan. I do have a agreement (thin piece of green paper that you can hardly read and nothing else), which doesnt say it is secured and I cant see their signature on the bottom or date. The amount now owing is >15K (I will check and repost with everything confirmed tonight). I havent been paying it as they are 3rd inline and they have just left it/me alone and not bothered me, aprt from ocassionally advising of the amount owing with a statement.

My question is that what is the procedure for getting rid of this one?:-?

Any answers gratefully received.

regards

Highjinks

Are there loads of charges on it?

If you already have the agreement, can you scan kit & post (minus personal details)

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.