JOHNNY Vs HFC (Marbles)

johnny131070
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, i have currently got 2 bank charge claims going on and i have requested CCA from 2 other lenders. I rang HFC today because i wanted to clarify which DCA were looking after my account and as i suspected Weightmans solicitors are acting on their behalf. I currently pay £20 monthly to these particularly nasty parasites. (They put a charge on my home when i fell into difficulty with my Marbles card). When i asked for the address to send my request to they said that i had to send to HFC as they are only acting on their behalf. When i queried this they said that HFC still has full title on the debt and that i had to send the CCA to them as it had nothing to do with them!! Am i right in thinking that if they are collecting money on behalf of HFC then they have to produce the agreement or should i just ask for CCA from HFC? Many thanks for any replies.

Its better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a lamb!!!;-)

Hi

If weightmans are collecting on behalf of hfc,I'm pretty sure you CCA them and as agents they have to pass on the request. Hopefully someone with greater knowledge can respond.

Good luck

I bet HFC marbles don't have your agreement!!!!!:D

They don't seem to be able to find mine!!!

What a shame!!!:rolleyes:

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

Hi Birchave0, did u cca Weightmans or HFC?

I cca 'd HFC (Marbles), have a read of my thread, they haven't got a hope in hell of getting another penny out of me!!!:rolleyes:

I'm now going to go and get my PPI + charges back!:)

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

• 7 months later...

Just a quick update. I CCA'd Fredrickson who were acting on behalf of EGG (7.5k debt) and after many letters i received one today saying that they will be taking no further action. Is this the end of it or will EGG pass on to another DCA?

Anybody had a similiar letter? States- We refer to recent correspondence in this matter. Please note that we have been instructed to take no further action against you and have therefore closed our file. :) :) :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, i CCA'd Weightmans and they sent me a letter back saying on behalf of HFC that they are only obliged to send a copy not a TRUE COPY of the CCA. If i do not resume payments then they will take legal action. I thought that a TRUE copy was required? How should i respond. Thanks in anticipation of any replies.

It doesn't have to be a photocopy of the actual form you signed, but it has to be a true copy, which must include the prescribed terms. In other words it has to have all the same information and T&C's as the original at the time of signing. The fact that they haven't sent a copy of the original probably means they haven't got one.

Hi PriorityOne, they sent me a copy of an agreement that i supposedly signed, i do not have the document to hand and i think that it possibly is an application that i signed.

If this is Marbles, then chances are it's an Application form. If it's unsigned and doesn't contain any prescribed terms, then it should also be legally unenforceable. However, this won't necessarily stop Weightmans from taking legal action against you.... so it only becomes unenforceable if you defend any action they throw your way.

It would be helpful if you could scan and post up exactly what they sent you. If you register with Photobucket, this is free. Blank out all personal details before uploading on here though.

• 4 months later...

Very interesting update. Got a letter from Weightmans Solicitors after asking for the 3rd time for the CCA and surprise surprise they sent me an application form that i signed with no prescribed terms. This is the 3rd time they have done this but interestingly enough, stapled to my application form is another application form in someone elses name giving me all their details from name address to DOB and bank details and password. Obviously this i an error but can i use this mistake somehow to my advantage. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Johnny. I will flag this up for the rest of the team to take a look at.

I am not sure it will be to your advantage having the details of someone else but I am sure the person in question would be interested to know what they have done with their details.:)