Coverplan Terms and Conditions - Please Help!

rogue_jedi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I purchased a laptop in 2002 from PC World and took coverplan with it. I have since had a rather catastrophic accident and as such the laptop is no longer working and has been shipped off to be fixed. I was wondering if anyone has a copy of the terms and conditions for a coverplan that was bought in 2002.

The reason I am asking is because I have lost my leaflet and would like to be 100% certain of what my rights if I am not satisfied with the repair.

I have had several incidents with the laptop power supply before and everytime I sent it off to be fixed and it was returned, there was always something else wrong, for example, they opened the laptop but managed to break the speaker grills in doing so...

If anyone out there has a copy of the 2002 coverplan terms and conditions they could scan and send to me or point me somewhere on the web, I would be most grateful.

Thanks,

rogue_jedi

In a nutshell, they have 42 days from the date of you reporting it to fix the problem. Cosmetics are not covered unless they are dangerous or impede usage. If it takes in excess of 42 days, you can request a replacement laptop instead of them completing the repair.

If you are not satisfied with the repair it must be reported to them within a few days of you receiving the item back, or they'll assume the repair was successful. For example, if you are not happy with the repair and don't tell them for two weeks, they will arrange a further repair, but it would be considered a separate repair and the 42 days period will be restarted.

You can request a copy of your terms and conditions by contacting Coverplan directly on 0870 600 1550.

• 1 month later...

My hubby works for Dsgi, and i am sure that at the time the "no lemon guarantee" was on the go.

Most of them say that if its not repaired or replaced within 28 days you can have a replacement. I've just had my washer "written off" and replacement vouchers for a new product under coverplan.

My hubby works for Dsgi, and i am sure that at the time the "no lemon guarantee" was on the go.

Most of them say that if its not repaired or replaced within 28 days you can have a replacement. I've just had my washer "written off" and replacement vouchers for a new product under coverplan.

No lemons was a Dixons / Currys policy, which stated that if a product went wrong three time while under warranty it would be replaced, however, this did not apply to products purchased in PC World.

• 1 year later...

I have a laptop with pc world coverplan & they refused to fix my laptop thay say because its been abused which was not the case i tripped on my sons toy on top off stairs & laptop went flying down & screen came apart from main unit

i have appealed this decison nothing is being down anyone what i can do to get my laptop repaired?

• 1 month later...

any details janensteve?

xsparklex, write full length details and write to appeal, if possible take photos of the area the accident happened in and if possible label it with where the toy was where the laptop landed etc.

ask them to explain what damage is inconsistant and point out that you will appeal/take small claims action over any refusal.

be warned though it is not uncommon for them to send an investigation team to ensure that the photos are your house and to see if theres any supporting evidence (marks on floor/stairs/walls) of where it hit

also what make / model is it some do have known historys of weak hinges and im willing to point out if yours is one

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: