DF V Halifax (need advice from scottish success stories!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i am just about to request my statements from Halifax. I have read various threads and been lurking about here & MSE for months now - mainly wondering if its worth my while for all the effort and finally i've decided i think it is! off the top of my head i imagine i've paid about £1K a year (maybe slightly more or less) in charges to the halifax for vgarious reasons.

My big concern is the only being able to claim up to £750 through the scottish courts. Has anyone resident in scotland claimed more than this and what is the best way to go abou this. I was considering filing a claim per yer sort of thing then i read that courts were unlikely to pay out on multi claims from 1 account, how is the best way to get around this??

I am interested in anyone that is also at the same stage as i am & anyone that has been successful with a claim against the halifax & from/resident in Scotland.

All help appreciated! Many thanks in advance!

Dolci*

Claiming more than £1500 pounds through the courts in Scotland would mean doing an Ordinary Action. ( small claim limit is £750 and summary cause limit is £1500). For this you'd most likely need a lawyer.

For a claim over £1500 the general opinion is that you should claim through the Financial Ombudsman Service.

they have a 100% success rate and will take between 6-12 weeks. And it's free.

Financial Ombudsman Service

Here is the link. There are quite a few people on here claiming through the FOS and all seem to be doing well. I'm in the middle of a claim for £4643 through them ( from HBOS), I received a partial offer after 4 weeks which I refused.

Anymore questions just ask. There's always plenty of help here.

One thing you need to have before you can proceed with the FOS is a letter from the bank refusing to give you your money back OR if 8 weeks have elapsed since you first wrote to them asking for the money back and they haven't responded.