Help with Capital One

happyshopper29
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I hope someone can help.

I have a credit card with Capital One. About 3 months ago I had a balance of £3.02 which I paid off in full a couple of days late. It was late becuase I was in the process of moving house. I wrote them a letter to inform them of my change of address, but I did not send it by recorded delivery.

Last week I received a telephone call from the collections department saying that my balance is £50 all due to late payment charges at £12 each, plus interest and ppi (which they have just decided to charge me).

What are my chances of getting the balance squashed?

Hello again,

They rang me yesterday and I asked nicely for the refund in my charges. They refused and demanded payment or they would put my account in default. I paid off the balance in full and demanded they close my account.

I will send them a prelim letter today.

What are my chances of getting the charges back, even though the late payment charges are £12.

What are my chances of getting the charges back, even though the late payment charges are £12.
Evey chance if you don't give up. The £12 is irrelevant - they may ty to fob you off that it is within OFT guideleines butteh OFT cannot change the law! If what they have charged is greater than what it cost them then it is an unlawful penalty whether it is £12 or 12p.