Is My Agreement Enforceable - Useful

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

para 1a states your limit HOWEVER if you cant read the document that they have sent you because it is not legible (except under a very good magnifying glass) it then does not fulfil their obligation to supply you with a copy of your original agreement

they are therefore in default

i would write and tell them they have failed to comply with your request and that the account is in default.

it is for them to try and find a legible copy or remain in default

• 3 weeks later...

scan them ( or get a photobucket account and transfer them onto this site and let us all see them!!

remove your personal details from them

one step at a time lets check them out first and then you can be advised on the next step

do you have the four agreements?

No, I dont have the original agreements, I suppose I can request copies.

you need to do a s ection 78 request and send a one pound postal order with it- if you do a search on here for template letters you will find the appropriate letter'

do not sign the requests

when you receive them post them up on a new thread

I have several accounts in dispute. I got a letter today from my OC which waffles on about the copies they've send in the past. Curiously, they also state that they have sent a copy of the terms ' both current and historic'. Are they implying that current PTs can be applied retroactively? Thing agreement is pre 2004 and a dud, anyway, but are they chancing their arm by saying this?

what they are saying is that there is a clause in the original T & C's which allows them to change the T & C's anytime they like

i have always thought this to be a grossly unfair contractual term and even more so now that the EU have brought out a new dictat on unfair terms and i hope soon that someone will test it out

as things stand now the creditor could give you 30 days notice that the minimum payment is 25% of the balance

change a term so that you have to pay in person at a branch standing on one leg whistling god save the queen

Hi Caggers

Could you please give your opinions in regards to the agreement below. The prescribed terms are incorrect in that the payment schedule does not agree with the stated APR. It took me a mammoth amount of time to actually work out the figures but I need make sure what I am saying is correct.

Here's an extract from my skeleton argument in regards to this;

Here is the said agreement;

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7063/xagreementpg1.jpg

Here is a link to my thread incase your interested in the full story

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/189249-notice-return-goods-court.html

Thanks in advance

i'm no expert BUt i think you should also feature on the "documention

i think you will find that the courts would say that the inclusion of this for interest charges would make the documentation fee exhorbitantly expensive and as a one off fee should not have been subject to you paying interest on it over 47 months at 32%

if this is the case then it makes the whole agreement unenforceable

i would suggst and accountant would be a good place to obtain an independent confirmation of your figures and exactly what this documentation fee actually cost you over 47 months

Thanks

This is a good point. The thing is the documentation fee should never have been treated as part of loan. Do you know if this would could be related to some sort of "unfair terms" law/act?

you need to look in the legal section or ask one of the mods as i KNOW i read a case somewhere where the judge ruled that the charging of interest on the documentation fee blew the case apart

trouble is- ive read so much i cant remember where it was

• 3 weeks later...
Ah - hold on - What about if the interest rates are part of T&Cs and these are on the REVERSE of the application form. Does that mean they are 'within the main body' of the agreement?

minx

it is my understanding that the prescribed terms cannot be "scattered" around within the general t & C's

• 2 weeks later...

I am a bit dismayed that the site team allow you to keep taunting posters about their background

as i understand some very useful posters have been driven from this site in the past by people questioning their background

This is a site for people to remain anonymous if they wish

if you believe someone is a troll (as you put it) then accept them as such and guard your posts accordingly but do not start an online "lynch mob"

there's an old saying:-

keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

With respect to yourself, Diddy, was that meant for me? If so, can I state that I don't 'keep taunting posters about their background'. Internet sniping is appalling behaviour but in light of the vindictivness demonstrated on the CH4 comments page on Tuesday after the airing of the Dispatches programme and the amount of unprecdented 'guests' on the related CAG thread, it was a cinch we were going to get some snoopers and subversives on the site and I smelled a rat and a called it out; it didn't call back and I make no apologies for sniffing that one out.

A 'troll', if you are unaware, is not defamatory and is, in web-speak, a lurker or a flamer. I'll let Wiki explain it better:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

In retrospect, I have maybe commented on another 'troll' on another thread. Again, I make no apology as I have said nothing insulting to anyone. I can't believe I'm having to defend myself on an issue such as this.

Agreed on you final point.

wasn't aimed at anyone in particular - i just think that if people from dca's OC's etc want to come on here and enllighten us and give us some inside knowledge as to what goes on and the attitude/reasoning in their offices or their past employment then they should not be singled out for abuse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks