Card Protection Plan....

jontah 2006
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just a thought......

what happens to all the monthly deduction for this service.

in the case of my sons', we wrote LTSB, that my son had finished his job + was now at uni.

meaning, he was not getting a salary, but student loans.

technically, 'out of a job', should they have been paying, instead of charging?

should we now consider claiming from the insurance service, through the bank?

your thoughts please!!:cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]if my response has been of help to you, please click on my scales. thank you:)

I'm afraid that income protection insurance won't pay out if you intentionally leave the workforce (i.e. to go to uni).

However, have you cancelled the PPI, as there is no point having it when you can't claim on it because you're not employed.

• Haha 1

i DID NOT KNOW that it can be cancelled.

thanks for that.

you are a * ♥

LTSB sold my husband PPI when he was unemployed, and therefore couldn't claim. I went ballistic at them for mis-selling when I found out. They refunded the premiums and cancelled it. This was about 6 years ago.

I doubt you'll get the refund if he took it out whilst he was working, which made it technically useful at the time, but you can definately cancel it.

thanks for that.up till march '07 this year, they were still deducting it.is there nothing that can be done?i will cancel on monday obviously.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]if my response has been of help to you, please click on my scales. thank you:)

thanks for that.up till march '07 this year, they were still deducting it.is there nothing that can be done?i will cancel on monday obviously.

Best talk to them on Monday and see what they have to say. Did he or you tell them he was going to start Uni? If so, there could be an argument that they knew about the change in circustances, but contiued to furnish him with a product that was useless to him.

I don't really know enough to advise you. As my husband was unemployed at the time they sold it to him, it was a very clear case, but yours may be more complicated. It may be best just see what they have to say on Monday.

thanks again.yes, they knew he had gone to uni.i sent the letter myself.we will be going there on monday.