Offer letter? (Abbey)

18234gerrybaby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've recieve a letter from Abbey making me an offer. My claim is forn £2477. I've been offered £1610. I'm happy to accept, although in their offer letter it said the following:

'The offer is conditional upon Abbey national, verifying the charges sought in your claim. In addition, any amount of monies already refunded to you relating to the charges claim will be ofset against this settlement offer.

If you are prepared to settle this proposal please sign...'

I'm querying why they dont verify my charges before i sign this proposal, that would seem like the most logical thing to do. Are they pulling a fast one on me?

I've recieve a letter from Abbey making me an offer. My claim is forn £2477. I've been offered £1610. I'm happy to accept, although in their offer letter it said the following:

'The offer is conditional upon Abbey national, verifying the charges sought in your claim. In addition, any amount of monies already refunded to you relating to the charges claim will be ofset against this settlement offer.

If you are prepared to settle this proposal please sign...'

I'm querying why they dont verify my charges before i sign this proposal, that would seem like the most logical thing to do. Are they pulling a fast one on me?

i am curious - why are you happy to accept this offer?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

just to let you know...............this is an absolutely standard tactic from abbey, which they've taken to adopting in recent weeks.

Accept if that's what you want to do, but do be aware, it's a con to make you go away, and to avoid paying out your full entitlment

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

I too am curious why you would accept an offer that is £800 less than what they owe you. That £800 is your money not theirs, you will get it all back in time but ultimately the choice is yours.

If you decide to hold out for the full amount then the support is here for you

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Reka [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/93120-reka-abbey-court.html[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/101308-t-cs-nov-1998-a.html[/URL] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Abbey *WON IN COURT* £2775[/SIZE][SIZE=1](awaiting payment) [/SIZE][/FONT] [B][FONT=Tahoma]Warrant of Execution filed 22/06/07[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma]***Warrant Issued 22nd June 2007***[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=red]PAID IN FULL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAaoRr8H5c[/URL]