Me and Abbey

mapanzure
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 06/06/7 I send a letter for data protection to abbey. they responded on the 16/06/07 giving me 6months bank statements and a schedule of paid and unpaid charges (£770 and 1321 respectively) and overdraft fees for £115.00. This schedule is from Jan 2004. Today 12/07/07 almost 36 day from initial contact I recieved a letter saying 'our reseasrch is taking longer than expected because we want to make sure a full investigation is done. If we are unable to complete our investigation before hand, we will write to you again in four weeks time to let you know how we are getting on.'

What should I do next it appears they are playing games asking to wait another 40 days and they have not furnitured me with all the info from when I opened the account in 2002. What is next for me now?.

Hi there

Sorry no-one has responded to you - I didn't see your post the first time around, so I apologise.

It looks like Abbey are getting their knickers in a twist - again! - as this is usually the standard reply to the Preliminary letter requesting your charges back!!

I take it the 40 days for the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) is almost up? In which case you can hit them for Non-Compliance; have a look here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

I don't know much about this route unfortunately, but hopefully all the info should be in the link.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Jo xx

Just found this address for you if it helps:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/105208-abbey-contacts.html

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

I emailed [email protected] and found her quite helpful, she is in the data protection department which deals with the statements etc. apparantly all the earlier statements come from Bradford, which take a little longer to come through (they say this like they are talking about OUter Mongolia)

Good luck

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

Emailed Sheena but she was replied saying---'I have forwarded your query onto the appropriate business area handling the requests for Abbey. Our records do show that the historical information was sent out to you on the 20 June 2007. As it's clear that you have not received this data, I've asked them to re-issue the transactional information out to you as soon as possible.

I hope you receive the data safely in the very near future'

S0 I am still waiting

• 4 weeks later...

Next you send Abbey letter before action ( see template letter on here) with a copy of your spreadsheet once you have done it. Do not add interest at this stage. Send both special delivery that way you can use post office track and trace and know they have recieved it. Then sit down have a coffee and wait 14 days, unless you hear from Abbey before hand.

All advice given is without any liability and has been picked up from my own experiences.

Never give up hope - Life is to short.

Before the LBA (letter before action) send this letter, the LBA is the one that you send 14 days later.

But yes! Have the coffee and sticky bun and be very, very patient!!!

Absolutely ditto to the advice about sending your letter recorded/special delivery, you need proof...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?