Advice Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am reclaiming £733 from Halifax. I have sent the letters, had a standard letter about my complaint that said they were in the right. I sent a letter to say that I would be taking them to court they dont settle. I havent had a response from this, so my next step I know is to begin court action. But what I wanted to ask is, is it worth giving customer relations a call first to see if they will make an offer before I file, or should I just go ahead with it?

As anyone had an offer by calling first?

Thanks, any advice greatfully received,

jo

OK

File your MCOL, around the time they are deemed to have received the summons, you will probably get a reply to your second letter saying we have checked everything, etc, no payout, the letters date will be prior to the summons being issued (for example one I received took 10 days to get to me), they will acknowledge the summons stating they will defend everything, yours is a low amount, provided you have followed the correct procedure you will get an offer including the 8% interest plus court costs, and it will usually be paid into the account without having to agree or sign anything, "obviously as a very generous offer of goodwill on the halifax's part"

Stick to the tried and tested route, they have so many claims going through, you may get an answer by contacting them, however with your claim so small you should get paid reasonably quickly, and earn an extra £58 for the trouble.

Any help click the scales

Sharkie

Hi jomc i contacted them by phone when they sent the 1st offer which was lower than i claimed and took 6 weeks from when i sent the prelim(they must respond within 8 weeks as per the FSA) The reason i waited was so i could speak to the person who signed the letter as they are who you want to be speaking to. When this happens dont speak to others and leave a message for that person to call you back.

If they dont call back the next day phone again and repeat the steps.

This worked for me and many others.

You could try now but i feel you would have more success waiting on that offer.