EDF £3000 for a 2 bed flat?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I hope you can give me some advice. We have now been disconnected by our supplier EDF. We live in a 2 bed flat and there are 3 of us. (Lounge converted to bedroom).

We have been disputing the bill for about 1 year now since we received a bill for nearly £1000 over a 6 month period. After refusing to come around we got our agency involved and they then said they would check the meter. There was a fire in the basement about 2 years ago and apparently affected the meters. Anyhow, they told us that nothing was wrong with them and it was our storage heaters racking up the bill.

So we decided to turn them off completely. We also switched our boiler off. The other thing is I work on projects accross the country. So I only return on weekends. So there is only really 2 people consuming energy. We left kept it like this for 6 months until now and our bill has jumped up by another £1000!!! Is this a realistic bill?

We now owe in total £3000 for a period of nearly 2 years.

Please help!