• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

jmn v A&L

jmn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received A&L completed AQ from Wraggies today.........squiggled by Susan Land! (she's gonna need a holiday soon!)

Once both AQ's are in at the court, do we just sit and wait for the judge to set a date?

I'm still struggling to find T&C for my years - 2002 & 2007. Have looked in the new T&C library and they seem to have all other years except the ones I need.

Could someone please confirm that it's just the first year and last year of my claim I need T&C for, and not the years in between as well?

Thank you

If you check the "sticky Thread " above by Gary you will see that someone sent the 2002 t/c so maybe you could pm them.

Jan:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

If you check the "sticky Thread " above by Gary you will see that someone sent the 2002 t/c so maybe you could pm them.

Jan:)

Hi Jan,

I'm sorry to bother you with something that I'm sure will be so flipping obvious when I know.........but what's a 'sticky thread'? and where can I find it?

Jmn

A & L terms and conditions

found some more on thread above

there not many on the sticky thread but a few links. If you look at the top of the A&L forum under start new thread - there is a section of sticky threads - in other words threads that should stick around and not go to the bottom of the pile

jan:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

A & L terms and conditions

found some more on thread above

there not many on the sticky thread but a few links. If you look at the top of the A&L forum under start new thread - there is a section of sticky threads - in other words threads that should stick around and not go to the bottom of the pile

jan:)

Thank you Jan, see I knew it would be obvious!!

I've already looked on the T&C link, but nothing for May 02 or Apr 07. I did send a request to A&L via Wraggies about two weeks ago asking them to supply me with a copy but...........Yeah, you guessed it, no reply!

Not sure where the CAG's find all the T&C from, I've trawled the net and the Wayback machine rejects my request everytime I use it. Advises me to try again at a less busy time! Well that will be never then!

If I don't supply T&C relevant to my claim, will the judge chuck it out???

Had a call earlier from a Debt Consolidation Co, offering to re-claim our bank charges for a small fee!

I also read a Solicitors advert in a national paper on Tuesday offering to do the same - on a no win, no fee basis.

Looks like everyones jumped on the band wagon.

Can anyone please direct me or send a link to T&C - 'working progress'.

I think it was started by GaryH.

Still looking for T&C for May 02 & Apr 07 for my bundle.

Thanks

jmn, I posted April 07 T&C's in the T&C thread ... post 7. See here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester/90733-l-terms-conditions.html

Dizzy Kate's post 9 gives Interest Rates and Charges for around May '02. Can't find the T&C's for this year, but if you use the archive link in the T&C thread somewhere, you may well be able to trace them.

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

jmn, I posted April 07 T&C's in the T&C thread ... post 7. See here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester/90733-l-terms-conditions.html

Dizzy Kate's post 9 gives Interest Rates and Charges for around May '02. Can't find the T&C's for this year, but if you use the archive link in the T&C thread somewhere, you may well be able to trace them.

Thanks Mimi, I looked at these before and could only see the ones for 07/07 on your link. Will these be good enough? I need April 07.

And, Dizzy's Int rates & charges are for Dec 02, whereas I need May 02.

I assume they have to be the ones relevant to my claim dates?

I included both T&C's and Interest Rates & Charges for my beginning and end years. You're unlikely to find any dated the exact month you want ... so I'd just go for the nearest you can find. Some years A&L seem to have updated their T&C's a number of time and other years maybe just the once:rolleyes:

your claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

jmn ... still looking for your T&C's to cover May '02 ... will report back. Yes, if you look at Dizzy Kate's Interest Rates & Charges link, it does cover May '02 if you look at the bottom of the page under "previous rates".

your claim

jmn ... still looking for your T&C's to cover May '02 ... will report back. Yes, if you look at Dizzy Kate's Interest Rates & Charges link, it does cover May '02 if you look at the bottom of the page under "previous rates".

Your gold plated you are Mimi....thank you

What I tend to do for ones that haven't been posted in the T&C thread is go to a post for Interest Rates and Charges that someone's posted that is round about the month/year you're looking for, put Terms and Conditions in the A&L search box at the top of the page (if there is one) and you can sometimes get to them this way. Just tried this for all the Charges links and can't see them anywhere:rolleyes: ... by all means try yourself. The nearest ones to the year you want seem to be April 2001 and July 2003, which have both been posted. Perhaps there are none for 2002icon5.gif

Personally, I'd include both the 2001 and 2003 ones and you should be fine. Perhaps make a note on your Index page to the effect that you could not find any T&C's for 2002.

Mimiicon7.gif

your claim

What I tend to do for ones that haven't been posted in the T&C thread is go to a post for Interest Rates and Charges that someone's posted that is round about the month/year you're looking for, put Terms and Conditions in the A&L search box at the top of the page (if there is one) and you can sometimes get to them this way. Just tried this for all the Charges links and can't see them anywhere:rolleyes: ... by all means try yourself. The nearest ones to the year you want seem to be April 2001 and July 2003, which have both been posted. Perhaps there are none for 2002icon5.gif

Personally, I'd include both the 2001 and 2003 ones and you should be fine. Perhaps make a note on your Index page to the effect that you could not find any T&C's for 2002.

Mimiicon7.gif

Thanks Mimi, will keep looking for May 02 but if all else fails I'l do what you say and just include the ones with the closest date.

Jmn

Just looking through A&L AQ that they have sent me, and in section C, where it ask's:

'Do you agree that the small claims track is the most suitable track for this claim?'

If NO, please say why.

There are then two boxes - one for YES and one for NO. They have checked the NO box but given no reason why.

Surely, this should be considered incomplete and struck out or returned to them to do the job properly!!!!!!

Any thoughts on this anyone? Could I have it struck out??

Thanks

Jmn

aq exactly the same for me, ticked no but no reason !

court date this Thursday, rang today and Susan Land is on holiday!, she must have taken your advice jmn !

hee hee, yes maybe.............or they're just earning thousands in bonues - all paid for by A&L no doubt, at our expense!

Will be thinking of you Thursday - keep cool and hold you head high!

Good luck x

thanks, just trying to get my copies of letters together and court bundle, as well as working out what to say in court ...

Just looking through A&L AQ that they have sent me, and in section C, where it ask's:

'Do you agree that the small claims track is the most suitable track for this claim?'

If NO, please say why.

There are then two boxes - one for YES and one for NO. They have checked the NO box but given no reason why.

Surely, this should be considered incomplete and struck out or returned to them to do the job properly!!!!!!

Any thoughts on this anyone? Could I have it struck out??

Thanks

Jmn

Not sure about strike out - but as small claims track is what you want -have you thought about asking the court about why they have not completed it properly - I suppose it depands how friendly they are - or how busy?:D

jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Not sure about strike out - but as small claims track is what you want -have you thought about asking the court about why they have not completed it properly - I suppose it depands how friendly they are - or how busy?:D

jan

Certainly have thought about it. Surely as it is an official court document, it should be completely fully and efficiently! Wonder what the response would be if we, as claimants had left it half done!

Certainly have thought about it. Surely as it is an official court document, it should be completely fully and efficiently! Wonder what the response would be if we, as claimants had left it half done!

You're right of course but, unfortunately, the courts are "oh so powerful" and we have to tread carefully and not upset them.

I'd certainly give them a ring to see if someone can throw some light on this ... can't do any harm:rolleyes:

Best of luckicon7.gif

your claim

Hi, Called the court regarding the missing info on AQ from A&L.

Spoke to a clerk, who said.........

"As a clerk, I am not legally qualified to comment, but the judge will look at all paperwork associated with the claim and if he requires the missing information then he will insist on it". In a similar situation, where a court document was received incomplete, the judge insisted the information be supplied by close of office that day or the claim would be dismissed"

So that was it really. Not quite what I wanted to hear.

Jmn