Rhi vs Nationwide!!

rhi83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I joined the bandwagon back in April by requesting my statements. I have two seperate flexaccounts which were hammered with charges for a couple of years from 2003, the second account has also been charged as recently as a few months ago. Nationwide really kicked me while I was down, I was in real financial difficulty, struggling to pay bills etc. They happily made it impossible for me to get back on track, sometimes my whole weeks wages were sucked up by their charges alone!

I got my statements through and sent the usual letter and of course recieved the rejection letter ( I done it seperately for both accounts). I sent the letter threatening court action for the first a/c on the 8th June and have not recieved a reply so I have just finished the form for the financial ombudsman combining the charges of both accounts & intrest which amounts to £1880.00. I wanted to go to court as it is quicker but I can't afford the cost of £120.00.

Has anyone been successful through the financial ombudsman service as the whole process seems scary but I really want my money back!

I noticed another post where the persons account had been frozen because of credit card non-payment, they also did this to me for two weeks and took the money from my account as my wages went in. Like this member I also had a young baby - not a nice situation to be in.

Hi Rhi.

ASAP...open a parachute account. Just a basic one will do.....you don't need the bells and whistles. Then immediately arrange for all your money, wages, allowances, etc. to be paid into the new account. That will seperate the Nationwide from your money and put you back in control.

Your Nationwide a/c will become static.......no money going into it and only penalty charges coming out.... (Which you can claim back, anyway.)

Cancel all direct debits and standing orders, etc and move them to the new bank.

Once that's done you will be able to concentrate on dealing with Nationwide at your leisure.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/13832-do-you-need-parachute.html

Yes, the FOS will get your money back for you but you must be able to show that you have tried to get it yourself first, and within the last six months. Send copies of all your letters, received and sent as proof.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Yes, this was the first thing I did. I've got one with alliance & leicester but at the moment still using my NW a/c's. Just posted the form to the FOS so fingers crossed!