uun V's Natwest Overdraft Help******

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, welcome on board the natwest forum!

With regards to them not chasing the overdraft money, you'll find that they're still aware of the debt and may (if they haven't already) pass this on to credit management at some point. So before they do that, it's well worth taking some action now to get the debt reduced in some way. At least reclaiming your charges will reduce the debt - you can negotiate with them to clear the remainder at some point.

Firstly, as you don't have any statements for your bank/credit card accounts - I suggest you send them a SAR as this will require them (under the Data Protection Act) to provide you will all statements and any other information they have on you for the last six years. The template letter is here 1. Data Protection Act, Subject Access Request letter - List of charges download this, complete it with your own information (save a copy for yourself) and post it to the address in stickys section.

Somebody quite rightly pointed out the other day that as you have a bank and credit card account, it's worth doing a seperate SAR for each account (apparently, the credit card SAR will be posted on to a seperate address). Send them a £10 cheque/postal order made payable to nat west bank and send both in the same envelope recorded delivery.

They have 40 days to comply with your SAR. Once you have the necessary information (statements, etc) post back here and we'll advise you further. In the meantime, have a really good read through this thread Frequently Asked Questions as it will help you to understand the process much better.

Best of luck, hedgey xxx :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Send the SAR to this address:

Retail Regulatory Risk

2nd Floor

Cornerstone

60 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh

EH12 9WF

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Yes - 40 calender days from the date they sign ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

It's advisable to do seperate S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letters for nat west - as the one for the credit card is passed on to a different address (post #4 above).

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

If the statement aren't produced on time, have a look through this thread Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance - Template Letters there's a 'nudge' letter in there as well to ensure they reply on time. You may not need this though.

If you have a nat west credit card, the £10 SAR fee that you've paid for the bank account also covers any other accounts you may have with nat west........ including the credit card account. Make this clear in your SAR for the credit card.

SAR's go to the address of the original lender............. and one SAR covers all debts you may have with that lender regardless of how many accounts you may have with them.

Hope that helps :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

It depends............. I received mine after about three weeks, but some members have waited months and had to threaten them with court action. They're so incredibly swamped with requests that they don't seem able to keep up! Don't worry though - if you haven't heard anything after 30 days, send them a 'nudge' and that should do the trick. ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Arn't they nice

They're absolute diamonds!!!! :rolleyes:

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hedgehog? HEDGEHOG??????................... grrrrrrr........... cheeky monkey!!! ;)

Curlyben's spot on - claim back as far as your statements allow - doesn't matter if it goes over the 6 years (plenty of material on site to challenge them with if it comes to it!)

Have a look through here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/105227-nat-west-claimants-new.html for links that say exactly what you can and can't reclaim charges wise - along with an explanation of when to add the 8% interest on.

Overdraft interest - pain in the backside that one! You can't reclaim it in full - just the portion that's applied to your account due to charges sending you over your overdraft. Difficult to work out (download the correct spreadsheet for it!) but it may add a few quid on! ;)

And hedgehog???? He called me a hedgehog????????............. I'll have him!! :D

• Haha 1

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 2 weeks later...

I'll mash that monkey one of these days!!!!! ;)

• Haha 1

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

The first letter you need to send to Nat West is this one 2. Letter - Preliminary approach for repayment. If you've highlighted all the charges on your statements - you need to enter each charge into one of these 6. Interest calculation spreadsheets spreadsheets. Choose the one that's compatable with your own pc - the 'simple' versions will automatically calculate the s69 8% interest for you. Don't delete the existing data though - just 'overwrite' it. Once all charges are entered you can then get rid of what you don't need.

Have another read through the link for Nat West Claimants (on my signature) for further info on what to do at this stage ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hmph! I'm not luvvin' my new avatar............... but someone reckoned my last one looked like a bit of a slapper! :o Sweet little Amy Rose has gotta go though methinks! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Now that's sooooooooooo much more me! ;):D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 3 weeks later...

I heard that rory!

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

You bunch of wind up merchants!!!! :D;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

But it's not a hijack if it's your own thread, it's simple off topic crud :)

He's even calling my waffle crud now............... I'll whack that blo*dy monkey when I get me hands on him!!!! :D

• Haha 1

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

PMSL laughing at you two! You've cheered me up millions......... you pair of nutters!!! :D :D :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Spot on CB! ............. Keep laughing guys, at the end of the day - it keeps nutters like us sane!!!! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

PMSL - P**s my self laughing!!!! :D

Sounds like the laughter's doing you good today as well hun!!!! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Woooooohoooooooooooooo................ rory's on thread guys!!! Hang on!!!! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Rory! You dirty beggar! :eek:;)

Have a fab bank holiday peeps................ I hope the sun shines for you! :D xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***