What next

sjo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

30th march 2007 Using templates I wrote to Lloyds TSB requesting bank statements

16th May I received the statements for lloyds

24th May I wrote to bank requesting reimbursement of charges, once again using templates

3rd July I receive a letter from Lloyds stating they are not reimbursing me as my charges were 'service; charges not 'default; charges.

The charges that were applied to my account were for unpaid direct debits and exceeding my overdraft limit.

Now I am confused. What should I do?

Many Thanks

Hiya

You need to send another letter! I have pasted the one I used below just edit it to your needs.

Hope this helps!

If I have been helpful please click on the scales!

Kim :)

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re. Account number: [iNSERT ACCOUNT NUMBER]

I refer to default charges applied to my account amounting to [iNSERT TOTAL OF CHARGES PLUS INTEREST, if claiming interest], which I have requested you pay back.

I wrote to you on [iNSERT DATE], making the original request for a payment in settlement of my claim. As I have not heard from you/not received a satisfactory response [DELETE AS APPROPRIATE], I am writing to inform you I intend to claim the full amount claimed together with interest up to the date of judgment and court fees in the proceedings through the county court.

This is based on the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations, as I believe these default charges are unfair and not proportionate to your costs, and therefore the court will rule in my favour.

I have attached a full schedule of the charges and interest with this document. [iNCLUDE THE PRINT OUT OF CHARGES FROM THE CALCULATOR AND BE SURE TO KEEP A COPY FOR YOURSELF]

I look forward to a full response to this letter within 14 days, otherwise I will commence court proceedings to reclaim my money.

Yours faithfully,

• Haha 1

Kim v Lloyds TSB

Claim for £747.37

sjo - Hi,

These are your penalty charges -;)

Do not rush into anything, make sure you read the step-by-step guide here and of course the FAQ's. Then read them over and over until you fully understand the process - daunting at first but you will soon get the idea.

There is one thing I have learned on CAG - do not rush into this; read other peoples threads and look at the Q&A on them

Best of luck

• Haha 1

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.