nationwide what more can i say!

charmaine1585
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have written to NW requesting my full list of charges and transactions and enclosed the postal order for £10 but it has gone past 40 days and I still have not heard anything, I rang them and they denied receiving the letter and I can't find my postal order receipt.

I suppose that I have no choice but to write again which I have done today and give them another 40 days. I find with Nationwide though that they deny receiving anything. I sent off some letters requesting refunds of charges and I faxed them before I posted them but they didn't even bother to reply. I have calculated that they owe me approx £946 but until I get the proper list I am not sure. This calculation was done via internet banking but I could on;y go back so far.

It annoys me that I have had to re request everything. I have had a standard system letter from one of the letters that I handed in at the bank saying that I agreed to the charges blah blah and no I can't have a refund.

Do you think I should give them another chance for the DPA as I have not yet posted the 2nd request but I want to have a good chance of winning? Or shall I just estimate the amount I think they owe me? It will be more with the interest added on?

did you send your request recorded delivery? Always worth doing, so that you know whether or not the item was delivered.

I'm not sure I would start the procedure again. I think I would be inclined to write to them stating that the 40 day statutory limit for the SAR has expired and that if they have not complied with the request within 7 days you will report them to the IC and/or take court action.

You can then file a claim against them in the smalls claim court to force compliance.

Do you think they are telling the truth when tehy say they haven't received it? If so, then you probably should send it again, but I'd be inclined to think it was more "lost in the system" and that's not an excuse for missing the deadline.

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.

I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt just the once about them not having received it! I think i'm too soft really but anyway it will give me a bit longer to save up the money for the court costs. I have also used their online message thing and emailed the request and asking them to look at refunding my costs to avoid me having to take them to court but i have made it clear that I will do that as they have forced me to have no travel money to get to work, my hub has had to go without essential medication as we didn't have the money to pay for his prescriptions and the day I was due to go on holiday I had to cancel as they took our petrol money in charges!

I am sick of Nationwide and my husband has suffered the most with his health. He was desparate for inhalers once and I couldn't get them and he got worse and worse and ended being carted off in an ambulance where he stayed for 8 days! if he had had his inhalers he would have been able to control it. This is all down to Nationwide.

sorry to rant on a bit but it's good to get it off my chest with people who know what it's like.

Guest Mumofthreeboys
I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt just the once about them not having received it! I think i'm too soft really but anyway it will give me a bit longer to save up the money for the court costs. I have also used their online message thing and emailed the request and asking them to look at refunding my costs to avoid me having to take them to court but i have made it clear that I will do that as they have forced me to have no travel money to get to work, my hub has had to go without essential medication as we didn't have the money to pay for his prescriptions and the day I was due to go on holiday I had to cancel as they took our petrol money in charges!

I am sick of Nationwide and my husband has suffered the most with his health. He was desparate for inhalers once and I couldn't get them and he got worse and worse and ended being carted off in an ambulance where he stayed for 8 days! if he had had his inhalers he would have been able to control it. This is all down to Nationwide.

sorry to rant on a bit but it's good to get it off my chest with people who know what it's like.

Why on earth would you want to wait another 40 days??

Send them a copy of the original letter and 'as a gesture of goodwill' allow them a further 14 days to comply or else you will report them.

They've had it their way for far too long, let 'em have it!!

BTW, have they cashed the cheque?

i really think you should be a bit more aggressive or your just wasting your time.

its done now but not sending it recorded when you stand to recieve 1000 quid is a bit silly (no offence meant)

losing a ticket for somthing so important is also silly ;)

kick up arse over :)

good luck but what ive read take the advice above, dont start again.

Hold your horses!!

There is another option. You say that you have access to statements far enough back that they show almost £1000 of charges?

I would be inclined to immediately send the prelim letter (even if you have just sent another DPA type letter) quoting this amount, and stating that you are awaiting full DPA disclosure and expect that you will be ammending this amount prior to litigation as and when you receive the information. Remind them that they remain in breach of the DPA, and you intend to bring both their negligence and apathy to the attention of the court should it reach litigation.

You absolutely reserve the right to ammend the particulars of your claim - and are not accepting any offer as full and final settlement of the dispute until you have had full disclosure.

this way you get the ball rolling. they are not delaying you. In fact you are lighting a double rocket (space shuttle size) under their bottoms - and expediting the process.

Be more confident. Not agressive. Just confident. You have every right to be.:)

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Hold your horses!!

There is another option. You say that you have access to statements far enough back that they show almost £1000 of charges?

I would be inclined to immediately send the prelim letter (even if you have just sent another DPA type letter) quoting this amount, and stating that you are awaiting full DPA disclosure and expect that you will be ammending this amount prior to litigation as and when you receive the information. Remind them that they remain in breach of the DPA, and you intend to bring both their negligence and apathy to the attention of the court should it reach litigation.

You absolutely reserve the right to ammend the particulars of your claim - and are not accepting any offer as full and final settlement of the dispute until you have had full disclosure.

this way you get the ball rolling. they are not delaying you. In fact you are lighting a double rocket (space shuttle size) under their bottoms - and expediting the process.

Be more confident. Not agressive. Just confident. You have every right to be.:)

good idea, thanks. been getting in a muddle with all the letters etc. will do that and send it off as i can print of charges back to march 2005

what exactly does this Charles Bacon do? Does he always take Nationwide's side?

He's their in house solicitor, so yes he does!

£949.54 reclaimed from Nationwide June 06

• 4 weeks later...

I have just had a phonecall from my MP's aide, she has had a reply to the letter that my MP sent on my behalf to Nationwide chief exec and he is flatly refusing to refund any of my charges. I have not had this letter yet but the MP says he will carry on helping me to get some money back. He has all the documents that Nationwide have sent me and that I have sent them so I've not given up hope yet.

I don't understand though how some people get a refund just by making a phonecall and sending a pre lim letter. I am claiming £946 of charges, thats without the interest which I will be adding on now they have not co operated with me.

I really hope it does come to court in a way because I would love to make it known how Nationwide have forced me and my husband to suffer, especially when I couldn't pay for his essential prescriptions as they had taken the money in charges! :p

I don't understand though how some people get a refund just by making a phonecall and sending a pre lim letter.

We don't.

People follow the step by step guide and issue the moneyclaim summons and claim our money back that way. Personally, I think you are wasting far too much time going down the MP route and if you do it that way you won't get the interest charges back as that is only when proceedings are issued.

It is a successful formula. It is tried and tested on hundreds of people and hundreds of people have got their money back.

If you really do want to get your money back I suggest that you follow the route that everyone else has taken.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Aah right, that is really the only way to go. What I was trying to get at was don't rely on your MP to get it back. Whack your moneyclaim in and money will be in your account within 10 days, I bet. That is what has been happening to all of us. We have had to go to that stage to get anywhere.

I have asked for this thread to be merged with your other so if it disappears, that'll be where it is :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....