• Tweets

• retailer said they'd speak to dpd on Tuesday. I don't want to screw the retailer because they were doing me a favour by fixing it for free  I hope dpd will refund them so they don't lose out. Will keep you guys posted. 
    • Well, we live on the same road so it should be the same postcode. When I spoke to dpd and asked why were my neighbours' address not on the list and she said maybe they're not of the same postcode and I checked and they definitely were. Not to mention, delivery instructions are supposed to override actual customer's address which is why they asked for instructions I thought.
    • again a quick google search states Appeal a DVLA fine - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) i would not be appealing mind. it's only a summary charge which they rarely do court on and pass out the powerless DCA's whom are not bailiffs they have 6mts. see where they go. as you've sorn'd it will probably be nulled. dx  
    • There are a number of reasons why you may not have been issued a notice in the post within 14 days. If you were stopped by the police it may have been given verbally. In the case of speeding offences, the police may issue you with a conditional offer of a fixed penalty of 3 points and £100.00 fine by post or an offer of a speed awareness course. If the offence is considered too serious for a speed awareness course or fixed penalty you may be charged with an offence which normally occurs by way of the issue of a Single Justice Procedure Notice. If the vehicle within which the alleged offence took place was registered to another person or company there is technically no need for a notice to be issued to the driver. After the police have obtained details of the nominated the driver, they will normally send the notice to them, although there are no time limits within which they must do so (provided that the notice was received within 14 days by the registered keeper of the vehicle). In such circumstances, a person may receive a notice several months after the alleged offence too place but still be prosecuted. A Guide to a Notice of Intended Prosecution | Motoring Offence Lawyers the above copy n paste link has purely been copy n pasted here to inform you of the regs, which you could have done yourself by, as this is, a google search......... we do not ever recommend using such offered webservices! dont dx    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Help please - preparing for court with Abbey ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Claiming £2500 approx from Abbey on behalf of my son.

In court on 23rd July for 10 minutes and no AQ completed as not requested by court. Docs required by court no later than 9th July so busy preparing them.

No communication from Abbey since defence received and currently waiting for them to send all T & C's since 2002. One question, do we only need the T & C's for the dates charges were incurred or for whole time period the charges span across. Charges made mostly in 2005. Looking at the posts on this thread there appear to be approx 10 sets of the T & C'S for 2005 alone.

I'm not wanting to use mountains of paper. Any advice please.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there

Not 100% sure on this, but from what I have read on here - and I've done an awful lot of reading, believe me! - you only need one set of T & C's for the time when the account was opened, not for the dates of the charges.

Hope that helps

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Thank you for your reply.

Would anyone advise that I send the docs in as soon as because of the post office strike tomorrow. Wouldn't want to be struck out because they didn't arrive before the 9th July.

Thanks

Di

I was hoping you wouldn't say that. I now know what I'll be doing for the rest of the day! Just delaying the obvious really but I need to bite the bullet. I have most of the info but need to copy everything which is going to take time.Thanks again for the advice. A cup of strong coffee then head down to business

Fingers crossed x

Hi again

I just had a look at the litigation spreadie, and found if you change the font size - I changed it to 14 - it is much clearer. I printed out a page to check.

It is still fairly light, but legible.

Hope that helps

Jo xx

• Haha 1

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Jo, Icy and rbears

I'm really stressing now. Abbey have not responded to my request for T & C's sent it recorded delivery over a week ago for the years the account has been open 1997. To print off all would be a nightmare. Jo thanks for the suggestion about font size I'll try that. I have papers all over the floor at the mo trying to sort this.

What about charges incurrred since claim went in as my son is still getting charged about £110 a month. Is this a new claim or can we add this once at court.

Every post gives me more questions!!!

Di

Hi Di

Abbey probably won't respond to your request, especially if they are clued up and know it is for your bundle. Sorry for that. :(

So it looks like you may have to print them all off, but on the plus side that all adds to your wasted costs order - paper, ink and time.

Unfortunately, once the claim has been submitted, you cannot add more charges to it, unless you apply for an official amendment, costing £35 I think which is not reclaimable. This will also delay your claim further, so you may be better doing a new claim for these afterwards.

Very best wishes

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Jo

Thank you again.

Font size worked so that's one task done.

In my overview statement of the case do I include that Abbey did not send the statements in correct format, just a printed list of transactions which we had to go through. Statements received recently now show when charges will be deducted but their print outs didn't.

Any suggestions as to what to include appreciated. I am assuming it's a revamp of the particulars of the claim or is it!

Hi reka has posted a thread yesterday called Abbeyterms and conditions 1997 with all the relevant t&c s you need. cant post link try searching for reka and viewing all threads ny him.good luck

Hi Di

Found this on a sticky; does it help, or cloud the issue further? There does seem to be conflicting advice around :confused:

Originally Posted by reka viewpost.gif

I was of the opinion that as the abbey themselves said in their defence that they applied the chargesas a result of my breach of contract, a matter i did not dispute, then i didn't need to supply them as it was not a matter of the breach of the contact that were in debate, but the amount they were charging as a result of the breach! *this is my opinion..... but include them as everyone is saying they now need to be included*

Spot on.

T&C's not strictly necessary v Abbey. Only if you need to point to the specific term of contract you allege has been breached, as you do with say Lloyds. As above Abbey readily admit a breach so T&C's not crucial

(Quote by GaryH, moderator)

Hope I am not giving you another headache!

I can't help you on the overview question I am afraid, but hopefully someone else will.

Chin up :)

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Hi reka has posted a thread yesterday called Abbeyterms and conditions 1997 with all the relevant t&c s you need. cant post link try searching for reka and viewing all threads ny him.good luck

Hi Petcat

Will do.

Has anyone esle included any success stories or supporting evidence apart from what the CAG suggests as part of their bundle. For example transcript of interview with Peter MacNamara and BBC radio 2004and a piece on BBCnews webpage in May this year about 'Banks branded as veaxtious defendants'. I was going to include these along with the litigation successes. Any thoughts anyone.

Di

Hi Di

Found this on a sticky; does it help, or cloud the issue further? There does seem to be conflicting advice around :confused:

Originally Posted by reka viewpost.gif

I was of the opinion that as the abbey themselves said in their defence that they applied the chargesas a result of my breach of contract, a matter i did not dispute, then i didn't need to supply them as it was not a matter of the breach of the contact that were in debate, but the amount they were charging as a result of the breach! *this is my opinion..... but include them as everyone is saying they now need to be included*

Spot on.

T&C's not strictly necessary v Abbey. Only if you need to point to the specific term of contract you allege has been breached, as you do with say Lloyds. As above Abbey readily admit a breach so T&C's not crucial

(Quote by GaryH, moderator)

Hope I am not giving you another headache!

I can't help you on the overview question I am afraid, but hopefully someone else will.

Chin up :)

Jo xx

Jo Thank you. There are some wonderful people on this site.

I am having trouble keeping up with you all.

I have emailed Reka to request a copy of the T &C'S FOR 1997 as I can't seem to download them from archive site.

Now off to do my overview statement. Found a useful post to help with this.

I then need to copy everything twice which I'll do tomorrow.

Di

Hi All,

My case against Abbey is due to be heard on July 25th. I've printed out the 3 copies of everything in the Court Bundle but I'm wondering about the Competition Commission Report. 3 copies of that would be over 1000 pages (I think!) If it has to be printed so be it but might it be ok to refer to it? Has anyone else printed the whole document?

Also, does anyone know where to get these T&Cs for Abbey? My charges span June 2000 to Jan 2005.

Phew it's hard work this bit. Papers everywhere. Where I'd be without you guys on this forum I don't know. Actually I do....NOWHERE!!

Thank you heaps for any info on above points.

Hi All,

My case against Abbey is due to be heard on July 25th. I've printed out the 3 copies of everything in the Court Bundle but I'm wondering about the Competition Commission Report. 3 copies of that would be over 1000 pages (I think!) If it has to be printed so be it but might it be ok to refer to it? Has anyone else printed the whole document?

Also, does anyone know where to get these T&Cs for Abbey? My charges span June 2000 to Jan 2005.

Phew it's hard work this bit. Papers everywhere. Where I'd be without you guys on this forum I don't know. Actually I do....NOWHERE!!

Thank you heaps for any info on above points.

Hi.

The advice I have been given here is that you need terms and conditions from the day you opened your account not when you are claiming charges from. Hope this helps!!!

Di

WOW, my ears are burning

Okies, here is a link to Abbey T&C's nov 1988, I have converted the leaflet to text now and here is the thread! Please reply om that tread if you need them as i am getting lots of requests every day for them, and posting on that thread will bump it up...maybe it should be a sticky?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/101308-t-cs-nov-1998-a.html

As was quoted above, i did not include any T&C's in my bundle and i won in court. The Abbey say in their defence (all defences i have seen) that the charges were as a result of breach of contract. You need to agree that you did breach the contract but that the charges they imposed did not relate to actual loss by themselves. Thus making the T&C's not necessary in your court bundle as they are not in dispute, its the amount you were charged that is, and untill Abbey disclose the information showing a breakdown of how much it "actually" costs them, then they are going to keep getting hammered.

The T&C's are only a few pages long, so there is no harm in putting them in the bundle, although at this moment in time its not essential to have them in there. So i still say put them in if you have them, you never know what may happen in the future!

(The above is just my opinion and not necessarily matter of fact)

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Reka [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/93120-reka-abbey-court.html[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/101308-t-cs-nov-1998-a.html[/URL] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Abbey *WON IN COURT* £2775[/SIZE][SIZE=1](awaiting payment) [/SIZE][/FONT] [B][FONT=Tahoma]Warrant of Execution filed 22/06/07[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma]***Warrant Issued 22nd June 2007***[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=red]PAID IN FULL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAaoRr8H5c[/URL]

erm, i replied in PM's, didn't you get it, it looks great, everything you need.

There was only one other thing i had in my bundle that i found usefull, that was a schedule of charges that would be acurate on the day of the court hearing, its a subtle reminder to the Abbey what they will have to pay if they dont settle early, and very usefull if it goes to court to have the correct figures and interest accurate for that day :) (save you working them out or the Judge, may even get in his/her good books so you can go for wasted costs then :)

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Reka [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/93120-reka-abbey-court.html[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/101308-t-cs-nov-1998-a.html[/URL] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Abbey *WON IN COURT* £2775[/SIZE][SIZE=1](awaiting payment) [/SIZE][/FONT] [B][FONT=Tahoma]Warrant of Execution filed 22/06/07[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma]***Warrant Issued 22nd June 2007***[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=red]PAID IN FULL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAaoRr8H5c[/URL]

erm, i replied in PM's, didn't you get it, it looks great, everything you need.

There was only one other thing i had in my bundle that i found usefull, that was a schedule of charges that would be acurate on the day of the court hearing, its a subtle reminder to the Abbey what they will have to pay if they dont settle early, and very usefull if it goes to court to have the correct figures and interest accurate for that day :) (save you working them out or the Judge, may even get in his/her good books so you can go for wasted costs then :)

Hi Reka

No - No PM messages just checked. How do I do what you suggested about the interest up to court date please.

Di

Did you use the office excel spreadsheet from this site, and is your pc running on XP?

if so make sure microsoft office/excell is closed. Then double click on the time that should be showing at the bottom right of your screen in the taskbar. Change the date to the date of your court case. Open the spreadsheet and you will see that the amount of interest has changed.

you need to print off 3 copies if you want to include it. I also recommend that you make sure the it says "Thissschedule of charges will be accurate on the xx/xx/xxxx (courtdate) only"

once printed off, close excel/office, then redo the steps to set the clock back to todays date.

hope that helps

Reka

• Haha 1