Dave J vs Barclaycard

Dave J
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't like these guys much,

Anyway sent DPA a while back got May 2004, decided to pay for statements £54 worth and was going to add to claim. Waited a month and received no statements so I've just rung them and been told they were never ordered!!! I was refunded the £54.

Anyway going to have to estimate which makes it a bit more tricky.

Prelim going today for £700 + £100 interest, i think it is more likely about 460 but as I've been suprised by the scale of other charges I don't want to underestimate.

I think legally barclaycard is a penalty kick, the terms and conditions leave them no room to negotiate whatsoever although I understand it might take me a while.

Updates to follow.

Hi

What do you mean by - "I think legally barclaycard is a penalty kick, the terms and conditions leave them no room to negotiate whatsoever although I understand it might take me a while."

Just because I am about to start court proceedings, and if there is something specific that will help in their T and Cs I'd love to know about it.

thanks

lelole

http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/Products/Apply/tandc.html

We will charge you for any reasonable costs or losses we incur if you break this agreement, including the following charges:

£20 if you do not make at least your minimum payment by the payment due date;

£20 if you exceed your credit limit at any time;

£20 if a direct debit, cheque or other item is not paid when first presented.

I mean how easy do they want to make it, confirming the breach and the fact it IS a penalty.

They will have to prove their costs and they can't.