• Tweets

• Bookmakers use betting on political events to entice new customers, and say it is growing.View the full article
    • nope  and  neither dx
    • Ok Thank you DX will do just that . will keep you up dated.
    • dispute it with whichever cra provider is now showing it. simply state the a/c is from 2015 and was defaulted (date) and should not have re appeared. probably getting ready to sell it on. dx
    • Hi Caught Shoplifting at John Lewis - Retail loss Prevention/Other shoplifting allegations. - Consumer Action Group Thanks a lot for commenting this experience of yours. I do understand this might be something that you are not willing to talk about anymore but the same exact scenario happened with me today at John Lewis. They took my name/ address/ a picture of me holding a signed banned letter. the only questions I've got are... will I be contacted by the police will this be recorded as police caution or criminal record?  I would really really appreciate if you could let me know how it went.  I am so so so ashamed of myself and am really making changes in my life I feel like I've lost myself for a period of my life but anyways it would be really great to hear back. Thanks 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Mbna Making Husband Ill

LEYLA
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4811 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Daughter got the pumpkin postcard, hadn't a clue who it was from until we got follow up threatening and agressive telephone message which sounded as if the person was speaking with their lips glued around the 'phone mouthpiece ( a bit when like when I went to an Elton John concert and couldn't hear a word he was singing due to his lips being glued to microphone!) Ring on doorbell at 9pm last night gave us pause for thought but think it must have been late trick or treater. Think MBNA must be staffed by failed actors from gangster movies!

Sorry for delay in responding. Been away a few days baby sitting.

:roll: For Goodness Sake - What do these goons think they're playing at?

I've never known anything so ridiculous from a supposed reputable company. Although I did laugh about the postcard (trying to find humour wherever I can at the moment). It almost boils down to anonymous hate mail or prank callers doesn't it? I'm sure there must be some legislation that clearly outlines the necessity for these people to identify themselves properly. I wonder if that might be another rule breaker to hold up to MBNA!!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for delay in responding. Been away a few days baby sitting.

:roll: For Goodness Sake - What do these goons think they're playing at?

I've never known anything so ridiculous from a supposed reputable company. Although I did laugh about the postcard (trying to find humour wherever I can at the moment). It almost boils down to anonymous hate mail or prank callers doesn't it? I'm sure there must be some legislation that clearly outlines the necessity for these people to identify themselves properly. I wonder if that might be another rule breaker to hold up to MBNA!!

Hi LEYLA they don't know or care about OFT664 sections 2.1 and 2.2 c etc.

2.1 It is unfair to communicate, in whatever form, with consumers in an unclear, inaccurate or misleading manner.

2.2 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

c. those contacting debtors not making clear who they are, who

they work for, what their role is, what the purpose of the

contact is.

all the more evidence of the conduct of these twits.

all the best dpick:)

dpick - what a star you are!

Wish I could retain as much knowledge as you seem to. I read through various threads, acts etc, but half the time when I need it, can't recall where I've actually seen it!!:confused:

Mbna have been very busy this week. Several messages left on voicemail, urging hubbie to contact them asap as things now at vital stage, and they haven't heard from him in a long time (hello - plenty letters been coming your way)!

Also received first class today a pink letter with IMMINENT COURT ACTION please read this letter very carefully.

Doesn't look as though last letter to customer advocate did much good. Do you think they put any info on their computer systems or notify their various departments? I'm begining to wonder if most correspondence just hits the shredder pile.

Leyla

Hi Leyla you are now finding what a load of crap MBNA really are I have been after them declaring that the agreement they sent me is unenforceable and reclaiming charges since I joined CAG at the start of this year. As you are now learning we gain knowledge very quickly. If I had just been going after charges MBNA would have settled by now but trying to get them to even acknowledge they do not have an enforceable agreement is another matter. I am now on my second court case with MBNA the first to get them to comply with S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and now the second to have the agreement declared unenforceable s127(3) etc with refund of charges to be paid direct to me, they have till 4pm today to file and serve me with their defence

If you follow this link to my thread you will see that I have had help from many friends on CAG it's a case of learn as you go and pass it on.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/69982-dpick-mbna-capital-one.html?highlight=dpick

• 2 weeks later...

Further letters from mbna.

Page1responsefromMBNA12thNov.jpg

MBNAresponsetodispute12thNovpage2.jpg

Still doesn't answer anything asked of them. Further copy of their latest agreement terms.

Then today received this:-

MBNAoffer14thNov.jpg

Would accept number 3 if we had the money, but as we don't it's NO GO!!

I intend to go ahead with complaint to ombudsman. Is there any other authority that should be informed? I understand trading standards aren't worth going through.

LEYLA

Hi Leyla - I thought I was reading my own thread while I was looking over your story.

TS are a joke, you're right.

I hope by now you have learned to just laugh at this bunch of jokers. Don't let them get to you.

Issue court proceedings against them to get rid of them out of your life once and for all.

Keep at 'em!

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Hi Layla it would seem you have at least a couple more options every time they add a charge add it to your spreadsheet and sent it the spreadsheet to MBNA with an invoice (no names but their is a pep who has been doing this now every month for the last year) or as I have done take MBNA to court re declare agreement unenforceable and refund of charges and interest applied to those charges.

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I've been online. Have just lost our baby Grandson (stillborn) and his funeral was yesterday. Trying to get some normality back, although head still not totally "with it" - (probably nothing new!!).

Anyway, a quick update on MBNA front. Received statements yesterday along with letter offering hubby "a gesture of goodwill £128". Apparrently, a cheque will be sent within next ten days, and they trust this will close the matter.

I don't think so somehow!! Haven't started adding amounts up yet, but suspect it's way off the mark.

LEYLA

You know this reminds me of a time when I had the same problem after a divorce - I was trying to get myself back on the straight and narrow and MBNA called me constantly - Despite having agreed to pay back a fixed sum, they even called me at work and would not go away!

I eventually cleared the balance and I asked for a final statement. Never received it after a few days so what did I do? Called them constantly 3 times a day (like they did to me - recordings available) and they responded eventually saying

"Mr R, you have been told you will receive your statement at the end of the month (this was the 3rd day), please do not call us constantly as we are not able speed this up, if you do we will have no option but to report your constant telephone harassment to the Police"

My response?

"Now you know what it is like to be called constantly only to say the same thing time and again - Oh and don't bother ringing the police cos they won't be interested, how do I know? Cos I am one!"

Made me feel better if nothing else lol :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry to hear about your grandson :( Such an awful tragedy at any time but especially this time of the year - My thoughts are with you guys

Regards

Mark

Hi Leyla, just to say how sorry I am about your grandson. Makes you realise what is important in this world - and what definitely is not.

Keep on battling girl.

And Crash I like your style. Turning the tables on them. Excellent plan. I haven't heard from MBNA for almost a year now after they failed to find my agreement.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Thanks guys for all your kind wishes. It certainly does put everything into perspective. We are very lucky in having a lovely family who have all supported each other and been together over Christmas. We've managed to make it as much fun as poss for the other little ones, and for us they were the main consideration!

Anyway back to MBNA:-x Have had problems with doing spreadsheets (done a few months ago for Halifax). Although I have the new Vista and microsoft works, haven't got a clue how to go about it with them.

I previously downloaded from this site onto old computer and didn't have any difficulty because it was templated. Can't seem to do it this time. Could this be because programme is incompatable?

Also didn't previously add on any interest, as only totalled amount and sent with prelim letter. Had read that you should only add on the interest at court stage! Can anyone help or advise this computer illiterate dim-wit:confused: ??

With Christmas Blessings and good wishes for New Year to one and all.

LEYLA

Been in battle with computer all afternoon, and finally managed to download the Simple version spreadsheet which only gives the 8% interest. Have used this for my Capital One spreadsheet, but got another question on MBNA!

Statements from 2001 - Feb 2004 are with another bank who then transferred to MBNA on different account numbers. Am I right to assume that MBNA still have an obligation to honour the charges even though they are not original creditors? If so, do I need to split the accounts onto two spread sheets or do they go onto one under the MBNA account number?

Would be grateful for your help, so I can get this off my mind and posted away asap.

LEYLA

Hi Leyla I would agree that MBNA should be held responsible for all the charges.

Glad you had a good Christmas - it is amazing how making it all right for the kids helps, whatever cr*p the world is throwing at you. Two years ago my friends had a whip round to buy pressies for my kids cos we were up the creek, facing repossession and all sorts. It made me cry lots, how kind people could be.

All the best for 2008 - it can only get better:D

BANK CHARGES

Others

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Here we go again! Would really value some help. As always, easily confused (as you know) :confused: but this lot have got me totally lost!!

Received this today:-

ARROWASSIGNMENT.jpg

Firstly, what does it mean by updating the personal data?

Why are there now two companies involved?

DEFAULTNOTICEFROMGLOBAL.jpg

UNBELIEVABLE!!

The account was in dispute from July.

Accepted £128 as partial payment only and sent SAR at begining of Jan.

So what now? Do I still go ahead with LBA to MBNA, or do I just deal with this lot?

I'm assuming it might be a start by sending CCA, but to which one?

LEYLA

LEYLA

I'd be very tempted and write to them saying you have assigned this disputed debt to Mr Gorboschgs Sunny lane MosCOW Russia. They will probably write to say you can't do that and you'd say yes I can until you prove otherwise, so they would need an agreement.LOL

:D :D :D Love it humbleman. My sides are sore from laughing.

:idea: I'm thinking we could cash in on the script writers strike in USA, and use all this as a plot for a comedy show. Reckon we'd have a massive hit on our hands.

Nobody could write this madness!!

LEYLA

Hi Steven,

Yes, I sent CCA to Gobal Vantedge Private Ltd - Post 9. Then to Global and MBNA in August.

MBNA continually arguing that they have sent all documents requested, and that they conform - as usual it would seem we have differing opinions on that one!!

In the end have sent SAR and got £128 before even prelim letter sent.

Now this letter and default over weekend.:evil:

LEYLA

Thanks Alphageek.

There are so many clever people around this site aren't there?

Do you think I should send a copy to MBNA and to Arrow Global (along with CCA to Arrow)?

Getting a bit complicated with all these companies popping up?

LEYLA

And they will probably all register a default - my MBNA debt was passed around so much I had four defaults all for the same amount at one point - I am now back down to one:D

BANK CHARGES

Others