Croyland V GMAC

CROYLAND
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After several months reading this forum with interest, I know have the time and the will to deal with GMAC having successfully moved all of my mortgages away from them, I am about to issue the first SAR letter.

I have, in total, 5 mortgage account numbers to query missed DD payment charges and ERC's (ready all previous threads and will decide which to claim once I have all the information). 2 of the mortgage accounts relate to the same property as when I re-mortgage they made me 'redeem' the original loan (and charged me a penalty for doing so as they stated the mortgage was not portable) and created a 'new' loan and account number.

I will go into more detail on this when I see what the overall financial cost was to me but my initial query is do I have to send £50 on the SAR letter ie £10 for each account - or just one payment of £10?

Well, I must say a very prompt service from GMAC and mortgage statements for all 5 accounts I requested received today - less than 5 days since request!

But does anyone understand these statements?

I have identified the Unpaid DD fees and monthly arrears fees on 1 of the accounts to total just over £1000

What I can't work out is why, on an interest only mortgage, my balance has increased steadily every month.

I was on a fixed rate mortgage deal and the loan was taken out in Dec 2002.

Although I made payments every month by what seems to be a fixed monthly amount, did not miss a payment in the first 2 years of my mortgage, on average there seems to be a shortfall between my interest debited, and my direct debit received of around £10 per month.

Even looking at calendar months where the number of days are the same, the amount of interest debited is never the same.

I then have some months where interest is debited as normal on 1st, my DD payment is received but then there is another interest debit on 15th.

I have a £100 fee for them instructing solcs, a £50 fee 'HOME VISIT NON ATTEN' and £604.50 solicitors costs.

All this meaning on the 1 account, when I redeemed the mortgage, (being charged 1 months interest redemption on the day of completion which was the 21 after already being charged the full months interest on the 1st) meant the mortgage I redeemed was £4015 more than I had borrowed.

Then, on a totally different account, I had a 2 year fixed rate mortgage deal which I took out in Feb 2004. By Jun 05, my circumstances changed and I needed a further advance on this property. But they would not give me a straight forward further advance, instead I had to 'redeem' the original mortgage and take out a new one. Looking at the statements I have received today, I appear to have been charged a redemption fee of £2100.79, a deed production fee of £40 and a redemption admin fee of £155.00. When all this was going on from a GMAC a/c TO a GMAC a/c?

Has any got any ideas of what my next move should be?