• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

THE Crusher BAH HUMBUG thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good old AL charging £50 quid again for putting in £60 - put in on 11th charged me on 13th - Sunday in middle - they're putting me in so much debt with charges - no cc now yet still paying - can't get another bank account now new charge regime coming in like Lloyds - will cost so much more - they know !!!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kia you silly goosey, oh yes they do, do a check on you no matter who, no matter where, you an 'onest person wants to open a bank account, you'll get skinned and peeled like an orange. On the othere hand if your intentions are not honest, you will be welcomed with OPEN ARMS.

Billy Blagger (Burglar Rtd)

people who ask your advice at the last minute, you spend 15 minutes working to help them, and then they decide to spring out the fact that they haven't told you 90% of the history of their case. BAH HUMBUG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

now on this one your wrong billy burgler;) cos i did it opened a nat west step account even though ive got enough bad debts for half the country and they gave me one cos its very basic only a solo card i use it for me benefits can set up dd as well just no cheque book but thats ok and alot of places dont take solo so but its still a card kat so V and T out again :Dxxxkia

Going to get my nice cold banana milkshake out of the fridge to find it already opened and half gone!! bah humbug!!

Now worrying about being up the duff (even though its a little impossible as apparently you've got to do stuff to get that way!) as that is what is craved with my youngest.... double bah humbug

why potty train? leave em till they tell you they dont want to wear nappies anymore, when my monkey did that, took him a week to get used to the loo, hey presto, he toilet trained himself lol

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

lol. my son's the other way. he asks to go on the potty sits on it for half an hour and then pees in the dishwasher with the potty on his head. could just carry on with him doing that and not let him get a job in a kitchen!

People who have court tomorrow and ask for help TONIGHT

Double BAH HUMBUG!!!!!

Hah hah! Who do you think's just been spending the last hour lookin' up references on a case like that?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/117950-9lives-link.html

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Oh happy days, thlovely smell of wet terry nappies drying under the grill, ahh such bliss. A terry nappy beats the smell of pampers any day.

Kia, believe me when i tell you sus stripped and dipped, to prove a point when I'm calling into NatWast this evening I'll ask em.

Night All,

Billy Blagger xxx

BAH HUMBUG to the low emmission zone in London. Yes I know we all have to cut down on our carbon emmissions but as an owner of a small transport company from February next year I will have to pay £200 per day if we do any deliveries in the low emmission zone in London in our lorries (per lorry) plus, £8 congestion charge. We deliver furniture to pubs and frequently have to park on red routes and get fined but there is no other way of delivering the goods. So £300 plus per day for providing a service.:mad:

If we had brand new lorries that meet the emmissions requirement we would not be charged the £200 per day. So i'll just go out and buy several new lorries then shall I? Can anyone lend me about £3000,000? :p

what do you bet square ;)cos i bet u a fiver im right :Di could lend you 3 quid will that help mind you might need a loan :Dthanks to the grabby anyone lend me 1.50 ;)xxkia

Right Kia, 2nd time lucky, last message gone in a puff of smoke.

wot appened to me uvver massage, the spelings orl wrong?

I called into nat west last night, but there was no one there, so tomorrow I'll call in while they are open (saves me carting all my tools). I have made a note of the account and if you are right then I owe you, but if I am right, then you owe me.

Sitting on a razors edge until tomorrow.

Your Friendly Urban Fox

Rex xxxx

AKA Billy Blagg

P.S. I still say that you've been stripped and dipped!

Kia, yes u can open an account the way you say you can, but you are still stripped and dipped even though you don't know about it.

Mine gnocchi's and spaghetti bolognaise. What's yours, a piece of parmesan cheese?

See you at Tony's 8.30pm at a day of your choosing!

Don Luigi xxxx

prove it my little italian friend but the food sounds good your on:Dbirthday sat Don Luigi you itallion stallion;) ohh wrong thread :Dkiaxxx ps im the one with the red rose ;)