• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Dingle v Lloyds TSB **WON IN COURT Post OFT**

Dingle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya, I`ve just Received a letter from the County Court and am baffled as to what it means. It says as follows:

Before MR RECORDER DOBBIN SITTING AT Sunderland County Court

Upon Considering the Claimants Allocation questionnaire

IT IS ORDERED THAT

The defendant must file an allocation questionnaire by 22 June 2007 and in default their defence and counterclaim, if any, will be struck out and the claimant will be at liberty to enter judgement forthwith.

Does this mean that the Judge has struck the claim out and ordered that the bank pay me my money?

This has been going on for 5 months now and I was ready to throw in the towel. I`ve sent a letter to Lloyds solicitors requesting that we settle out of court but had no reply so I paid my court costs and of I went. Just awaiting a trial hearing date.

My order recieved today says "any party affected by this order may under Rule 3.3 (5) appy to have it set aside, varied or stayed blah blah within 14 days. Should I apply for one of these or send an order to sop the defendant putting one in?

Thats the standard wording on all orders made of the courts own motion - ignore it.

Hiya, I`ve just Received a letter from the County Court and am baffled as to what it means. It says as follows:

Before MR RECORDER DOBBIN SITTING AT Sunderland County Court

Upon Considering the Claimants Allocation questionnaire

IT IS ORDERED THAT

The defendant must file an allocation questionnaire by 22 June 2007 and in default their defence and counterclaim, if any, will be struck out and the claimant will be at liberty to enter judgement forthwith.

Does this mean that the Judge has struck the claim out and ordered that the bank pay me my money?

This has been going on for 5 months now and I was ready to throw in the towel. I`ve sent a letter to Lloyds solicitors requesting that we settle out of court but had no reply so I paid my court costs and of I went. Just awaiting a trial hearing date.

It means if the bank don't file an AQ by 22nd June then you've won.

Have you got a thread?

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hiya Gary H, Sorry i don`t have a thread, i don`t know how to create one. I`m new to this. Do banks normally put their AQ in by the allocated date asking for a stay? This has been going on long enough.

Here you go - you've got one now!:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/98892-dingle-lloyds-tsb.html

This is normal for Lloyds. They'll probably file an AQ by the date then you'll receive further instructions from the court.

Don't panic, your nearly at the end now. They can't drag it on much longer.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so the day has finally come. Received a letter from the court stating my hearing will be taking place at 1400hrs on the 6th September. Never been to court in my life. Does anyone have any idea what I should be doing next. Do I need to take all Docs along with me, including statements and letters?

Any Help will be much appreciated. It`s been going on since january.

I've moved your above post from the AQ thread to here. Please stick to this one in future. Thanks. :)

What you need to do depends on what the court have directed you to do.

Please type up the order in full and we'll be able to tell you exactly what you need.

Gary here is the letter in full that i have rec`d from the court.

The court must be informed immediately if the case is settled by agreement before the hearing date.

1. The parties must file at the court and serve on the other party not later than 14 days before the hearing the following:

a) copies of all documents upon which they wish to rely

b) statements of all witnesses, including the parties, upon whose evidence you wish to rely,

The statements shall be typed, dated and signed by the witness and stating he/she believes that the facts stated in the witness statement are true.

2. All original Documents must be brought to the hearing.

3. Parties should note that if they do not file and serve documents and statements as set out above then the court may decide not to admit the evidence of the party in default.

NOTES FOR GUIDANCE ON BACK TO BACK LISTING

This case has been listed in the back to back list where two or more District Judges deal with a single list of cases for completion on that day. Hearings will be shared between two or more District Judges Presiding over the list on the day. This case is therfore listed to commence at the same time as a number of other cases. The court cannot guarantee taht the hearing of this matter will begin at the time stated in this notice and you may have to wait some time. It does however reamin important to attend on time. If the case is called and you are not there an order may be made in your absence. The case may also be released to another judge, possibly sitting at a different court.

It is essential that you inform the court if you are unavailable to attend. If you are not available you may have to attend court to make an application to have the case adjourned.

If your case settles before the hearing date or if there is any change to the estimated length of the hearing please contact the court immediatelyto enable the time to be used.

Sorry if i`ve put a bit too much in there, but better safe than sorry eh?

My Post is looking a bit lonely lately. Has anyone got any idea what my next step should be, should Lloyds actually take it to the court date. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi.

Please add brief claim details to this thread, and PM me with an e-mail address.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/103945-lloyds-court-dates.html

Thanks.

Hiya GaryH. Brief Outline of case as follows?

Basically i`m claiming £1409.89 Bank Charges, I`ve added the statutory 8% interest per annum from the date I was deprived of the money. Totalling £1891.67, plus £120 Money Claim Online fee, and accruing an interest rate of 0.021% until judgement or payment.

So the total amount is £2011.67.

Appreciate your time in Assisting me with this matter. I`m new to this and am totally useless.

I actually meant this thread (follow the link) -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/103945-lloyds-court-dates.html

Also, pm me your e-mail address and I'll send you what you need for your court bundle.

(Click on my name then click "send PM")

• 2 weeks later...

OK I`ve finally got round to preparing my witness statement. I would like to Thank GaryH for the Court Bundle, Does anyone know what parts I should be sending to the court and [problem]? This is very Baffling for me as i`m a bit Docile in these cases. The witness statement is asking to refer to exhibits. I`ve got at the top of the court bundle exhibits starting xxx1 through to xxx24. What should I be changing the x`s too and should I be sending these in aswell. Do I need to Follow the links and print those out aswell and take them with me to the court how many copies do I need to print out.

Any help would be much appreciated. Has anyone actually won a case before it went to court or has anybody been to court and have to stand up and speak. This is becoming a bit worrying for me as I feel i`m very under prepared.

Hi Dingle, I'm just as green as you but what I have found out from this site is read the Court Bundle info again and again. The Mods on the site may of sent you an e-mail, read it and yes you are likely to print off 300 + pages. You will need 3 copys of everthing, one for you, one for the court and one to be sent to SC&M. Lot of guys win before there court date,and some go to court and will have to speak to the judge, but they all win in the end. I've been told the Judges are human, so prepair your defence, you might not need it, but at least you will have all the answers he'll ask you if it go's all the way. All the best, Paul.

• 1 month later...

Just rec`d a letter today, 5 days before the court date, from Lloyds Solicitors [problem] requesting a stay. I understand that if they get granted a stay then the court case won`t go ahead till 2008. Is this correct? Anybody have any such letters from [problem] and have the stay rejected. I`m not gonna comply with the stay as it has been going on long enough, hopefully the judge will see that.

:-x

Ok, it`s all over. Had my court hearing at 1400 Hrs today, As i thought [problem] didn`t even bother to turn up, but I did receive a letter from them this morning saying that have requested a stay. Too little too late, The judge who resided over the case, Might I say, she was a lovely Lady, Saw through this and struck out the defence and request, then asked me how much I was claiming for, I told her it was £2011.67, to which She replied, "OK, congratulations you have your judgement forthwith" I went o reception and was told to get an N323 request for warrant of execution, In other words,send the bailiffs in. How glad I was. Still no idea of what to do next, I`ve brought the form home and unaware of my next step. I think I should receive something in the post from the court. But what should i do with this enforcement of judgement form. How long am i looking to receive my money from Lloyds TSB?

well done Dingle! Its a shame that Reading is a bit too near to Brighton as they will evidently turn up tomorrow

Halifax WON X 2, Northern Rock WON, Capital One WON, Marbles WON, HSBC WON

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

Way to go dingle, hope the rest goes OK:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. It was such a relief to get the judgment. It`s not quite over yet, the N323 form is a waste of time, i spoke to solicitors for the company I work for and they said the bailiffs can`t take money from the branch as it`s the customers money and they can`t take computer systems due to Data Protection Act. I phoned [problem] and spoke to a gentleman who was really helpful, he told me that as soon as they receive the letter from the court, they`ll liaise with the bank then pay my money straight into my account. Way to go.

Excellent result, well done Dingle!!!:D

I also asked the gentleman at [problem] if they are going to appeal against the decision, he replied that they don`t generally appeal if there is judgement forthwith. Just sitting waiting for my money now. Has anyone won Lloyds TSB and have to wait an age for the money?

• 2 weeks later...
What a result. Thank you very much Mr. Lloyds TSB. Just had my money paid into my account.

congratulations:) A Lot of people will be happy to hear your news dingle:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.