Filling in court form when defence has been entered...

jpet77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!!

I've been viewing from afar for a little while now and thought I'd post to get some support coz am feeling a bit nervous now :(

I wrote to Lloyds asking for my bank charges back and received a letter saying 'if I was unable to manage my account properly then may be I should look elsewhere'. I therefore gave them another chance by e-mail but received a reply saying that I knew the terms and conditions of the account when I opened it and that the banks final word on the matter is that I will not receive my charges back.

So yesterday I followed Martin Lewis's advice and filed a court claim against them for £448 in charges (£408 from my current account and £40 from my credit card) + 17.9% (what they've been charging me) + £80 in court costs (which hurt my halifax credit card). I think the total is £608 or about that.

Does anyone think I've any chance of getting my money back? :D Or have I paid £80 in vain?:-x

Best of luck!! - I've always said it was criminal that they penalise so heavily - I cdnt believe it when I read the MSE article about it. Anyway - hope we all get what we r owed and that it will make banks stop charging us in the future.

By the way - do u know what to do if you get a charge when you have already filed your claim with the bank?

That,s a good question.one which i,m going to have to do my wife,s just told me she,s "gone over"again.I seem to remember to treat everything you are claiming up till now(i,e when you started your claim)is one issueand when youve won you go through it all again for your "new"charges.After making sure you do not sign your right away,to claim future charges.

Best of determination luck doesn,t enter into it

P.S.do check F>A>Q. and templates for answers...

john r

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd post a quick update to let you know that Lloyds acknowledged the claim giving them until 06/06/06 to enter a defence/cough up. (Date seems a bit spooky though)

Hi,

Lloyds have entered a defence. I know that on Martins Lewis's website he says to sit tight and wait for a form from the courts to fill in and post back to them. Does anyone know how long this takes to come through? and what happens next?

Any tips on filling in the form when it comes through?

Thanks,

Jxxx

Form from court has arrived and I would be grateful if anyone can advise me where I can look to read threads of people who have actually been to court as I can't find any. (May be looking with eyes closed but am on limited time as on 15 min work break and internet at home not working til end July!!:evil: ).

:???: Questions on the form that I'm unsure of are:

D. Are there any witnesses that I'm going to call? Its not a joint account so I presume not.

E. Experts - Do I want permission to use an experts report at the hearing? If so, who is this expert and how do I go about obtaining his report?

G. Other information - is there anything that I should include in this box?

Thank you fabulous people.

Luv Jxx

I have started this as a seperate thread as had no response when asked on original thread and need to return forms to court:

Form from court has arrived and I would be grateful if anyone can advise me where I can look to read threads of people who have actually been to court as I can't find any. (May be looking with eyes closed but am on limited time as on 15 min work break and internet at home not working til end July!!:evil: ).

:confused: Questions on the form that I'm unsure of are:

D. Are there any witnesses that I'm going to call? Its not a joint account so I presume not.

E. Experts - Do I want permission to use an experts report at the hearing? If so, who is this expert and how do I go about obtaining his report?

Luv Jxx

I have started this as a seperate thread as had no response when asked on original thread and need to return forms to court:

:confused: Questions on the form that I'm unsure of are:

Luv Jxx

D) None

E) No

G) Leave Blank

• 1 month later...

All my moneys back in my account in full!!!!!! - I also messed up and charged them 17.9% interest instead of 8% and they've paid it!!

Thanks to all who've helped and this site as a whole.

Luv Jxxxx

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks