Garage unfairl charge, help!

leslie127
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am leslie from York, seen this site previously and this is a great site to discuss some trading issues.Would some good avdice really.

My ABS fault light was on and I went to one garege to check the fault, the result was front passenger side ABS sensor faulty, had a quote from them for a new sensor, cost £110, i said to them I would like to find a second-hand one by myself. I have paid the diagnoise fee £30 plus vat same day.

After the second hand ABS sensor arrived, I went to that garage again and asked them to fix it for me, I left. After few hours they rang me says this sensor was faulty, and even with a new sensor they are not 100% sure the ABS faulty light will go off. I wasnt very happy about that because garage should identify the errors very sure.

I decided to go to another garage few days later, and get it fixed. The problems was ABS sensor fault.

After few days I received one invoice from first garage with the amount of £86. The description was :

' checked for fault with ABS system. carried out voltage tests on all four wheel speed sensors and found no output from nearside front sensor. Fitted customer supplied sencondhand sensor-ABS light still on. Tested secondhand sensor and found to be faulty. Carried out further diagnostic checks and flull wiring check on ABS system but cannot progress further without a new sensor.

time: 2.1 £73.50

vat:12.86

total:£ 86.36

They have checked my ABS previously and found the problem was the faulty near side front sensor,this time I just wanted them to fix the secondhand sensor on, it shouldnt cost that much time I think.

Please give me advice, what should I respond toward this invoice, thanks a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

I think youll just have to pay it, 2 hours isn't unreasonable unfortunatly and they did carry out the job as per your instructions.

A word of advice if i may, second hand parts are ok if you can see the status of them, but things like sensors are notorious at the best of times, so avoid used items unless they are VERY cheap.

even new ones can be faulty, but if bought new at least you can exchange the part.