Level103 vs Capital One/Debitas

Level103
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys,

I have had Debitas on the phone to me over the last week, claiming that I owe £1200 to Capital One in debt. However I know a large chunk of this is charges I would like to recover.

Debitas have said I need to pay £60 holding fee, then £250 a month to pay off the debt! I don't really have that sort of money, what can I do to get the charges down?

Also I found Debitas extremely rude. I want to keep Debitas from being involved as little as possible. How serious are they in taking more action, like using people to visit you etc?

What are first steps, to clearing this up, recovering charges and stopping Debitas from hassling?

Thanks guys

Hi Level

You firstly need to send (recorded delivery) SAR request to Capital One with £10 fee, template letter available, so that you can begin to work out how much your charges are. They have 40 calendar days to comply with your request. See link below.

https://mercury.glentruim.com/cag/servlet/actionrequest

I would consider sending CCA request to Debitas with £1 postal order fee. It may get them off your back as they won't have a copy of your executed agreement which gives them the mandate to chase this debt and they are likely to pass back to Capital 1. This template is letter N in the link below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

glav

Thats brilliant, thanks for the heads-up!!

If I have to pay the 'holding fee' Debitas want tomorrow, shall I pay or send letter? Will they take further action before the letter comes into place which could seriously effect me? Anyone had anything like this previously?

Brilliant, does anyone know the address I can send the letter to Debitas to? I don't want to send it to the one on the letter they sent, just in case that is for out mail only...