Latest scam, charging for Bills!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

possibly but what's it got to do with buzby' "[problem]" and why mention "debt".

If you can't see why an unfair practice or misleading statement is referred to as such by the populous, then much of life as you understand it will pass you by in confusion.

I'm sorry, Gino, but goodwill came onto this thread with the express purpose of antagonising Buzby, as from what I can gather s/he didn't like the advice Buzby was giving on hir thread. Sometimes someone does need a taste of their own medicine, and I'm afraid that due to hir sniping it was goodwill's turn :)

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Advice, yes, To point out errors, yes. Even to give a constructive opinion, yes. That's what these forums are all about, which is why we are all here.

What next, we start call each other 'big ears', 'shorty' or 'fatty' ? Then it's time to delete CAG from the 'Favorites'. :roll:

Oh yeah, big ears? :p;) lol If you read goodwill's posts throughout this entire thread, they've been pickers and snipers and snideys. You've got to have the patience of a saint to put up with that sort of childish behaviour, and the last time I looked I wasn't on the Pope's Xmas card list ;)

-----

demon_x_slash, 'fatty':):p It does sound daft, doesn't it?

Not wanting to add fuel to the fire, I have also found B's comments on my own thread a little wide of the mark. But in this case the quotes used were from his own hand, not of an opinion of anyone else. As I said sometimes the opinions that you post can return and bite you on the a***.

I don't know why but I have noticed on CAG there are some that like to pick fault with postings, they seem to get a kick out of it. Instead of giving help and advice as you will find on many forums.

Very sad :( :( :(

It is sad, and I try and make a habit (I shouldn't really, one day it'll get me into trouble! :D) of poking people who themselves just seem to want to poke. That's one of the good things about public forums - if you receive advice you're not sure of, someone else will usually be along to correct or clarify - nature of the beast. Buzby's quotes were his own opinion from a different thread, but here, gw was just trying to stir things up with irrelevancy - it was plain in the OP that Buzz was using the word '[problem]' in the populist sense, and not in the technical (whereas the quotes used from the other thread were describing the technical definition of '[problem]'). IMHO, BT charging the customer to issue them with a bill is a [problem], but in the populist sense of the word - I find it un-bee-lieveable that they're suggesting that we should pay for their request for us to pay :o

EDIT: And don't get me started on non-DD fees. Again, another acceptable business cost (i.e., processing payment) fobbed off onto the consumer...

-----

I've received my first bill from BT and there is a payment processing fee on it. Excuse me but what payment have they processed or am I being billed in advance for not having set up a direct debit with them!!

There's a subtle difference, but in essence it's the same thing. BT have establish a new firm called 'BT Payments' to look after the remittance side of the business. If you don't pay by DD, they make a charge to cover the 'additional processing' that the company undertakes on behalf of its parent. Clever, eh?

They hope to wear us down with the illogicality of it all, but I'd like to think we're made of sterner stuff. I'm coming up to 40 continuous years as a BT customer - and I may not make the party due to their crass tactics.

It is sad, and I try and make a habit (I shouldn't really, one day it'll get me into trouble! :grin:) of poking people who themselves just seem to want to poke.

quite

gw was just trying to stir things up with irrelevancy

read the the thread

buzby

if you think it's a '[problem]' why don't you migrate.

buzby if you have been misled or induced into becoming a victim of a [problem] maybe you could report it to Watchdog.

and yes I included quotes from buzby highlighting his true attitude to victims of scams.

Nice try, but since the matter was made knoen in a letter, it was not pre-existing, but imposed.

Still, it's good to see where your priorities lie.

So why did buzby make that remark? Was it to change the subject? "just trying to stir things up with irrelevancy"?

Was he trying to hood wink the easily fooled into believing I was somehow supportive of this BT charge.

If you read the thread you will see I have never given an opinion.

If you want to know Buzby' true oppinions of victims of scams ask him his views on this BBC program

BBC NEWS | Business | The Great Phone Call Con

Comment on a two year old news story? Oh, I see what this is all about - it is my use of the word '[problem]' in a headline of a message I posted, and other references to 'scams' which I may not appear sympathetic with?

However, if that IS the point you're trying to make, it certainly isn't relevant in this thread - so nice try, but no banana.

'David.m'

With regards to what 'Goodwill' has done? A [problem] victim victim himself, I owe him and his pals. Without their help and advice when I was scammed I would not have been fully refunded and given the know how to take my network provider to Otelo.

good, and well gone Goodwill for that help, another satisfyed user joins the ranks....

thats what this place is all about, helping each other after all.

It is a [problem] because, so far as I'm aware, customers didn't have to pay a fee for paying a bill in the past. What's the point of having a price if the compnay can charge more for the trouble of taking your payment.

I'm going to start invoicing them for the power I use to make my payments online, or the cost of the stamp I use. And the implications of my having a cheque book on the overheads of the poor banks which means my interest is low..

see it just depends how far you take it... I think I have a solution anyway, I'm going to put a thread up about it...

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.