welsh_nick vs Abbey

welsh_nick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Thank you all in advance for the help, advice and information to assist in claiming back monies from the Abbey.

Today i sent off the 1st letter requesting history of charges etc going back 6yrs, and hope that i can eventually join the large list of success stories so far!!!

I have been looking into this for a few days, and came across this site. Well what can i say, Excellent!! registered asap and now its all systems go!!

Hopefully updates to follow witrh each stage of the process....

Good Luck To All Others..

Nick.;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Today I recieved my Bank Statements from Abbey!!! 10 days wow!

Just printing off Junes to add recent charges, and then sorting out the step2, Preliminary Approach for Repayment. Will sort this out over the weekend, get copies of all charges sheets and additional statements for myself... as a back-up, then post it all, and wait for the reply!

So Far So Good....

Today I recieved my Bank Statements from Abbey!!! 10 days wow!

that was quick welsh nick

You only need to post your preliminary letter with a copy of the spread sheet for charges you don't need to post statements to Abbey yet?

Now wait for the sorry you feel you need to complain and it will take 4 weeks to look in to your complaint, our charges are fair etc, stick to your dates and you will be fine

Good luck

Cool,

Thanks for your comment. Just need to confirm that i dont have to send copies of my charges and statements yet?

Just send a spreadsheet which i can find on here somewhere??

Cheers for any help you folks are providing...

Nick.

All you need at this point is your pelim letter and the spreadsheet which you can find here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Choose the one you want but if it's only the 8% s69 interest you're claiming then I'd use the simple excel one, it works fine. Just input the info and it will automatically calculate the days since offence and the 8%. Don't include the 8% at this stage when sending to Abbey. That comes with the N1 for court.

Stick to your timetables no matter what they tell you, keep following the tried and tested steps and you'll get all your money back.

Good luck. :)

Thanks for your comment. Just need to confirm that i dont have to send copies of my charges and statements yet?

you don't send any statements yet!

As Robdblynd has already said type your charges into the spread sheet (link provided) and send them with your letter, they are refered to on here as SOC or schedule of charges.

You need to send another copy with your LBA and also to the court when you are ready so make sure you save it ;)

As i am only claiming charges back on bank account without any overdrafts etc.. this should be relatively straightfoerward...

S.O.C. filled in this weekend, along with prelim letter on its way today(recorded delivery).

Just have to wait for the 14 days now then.....

Already recieved letter from Abbey today (dated 26th), telling me they will look into my complaint... and will re-contact me in 4 weeks... Whatever...lol

I will be sticking to my timetable and sent next stage letter out within the 2 weeks as per recommendations from you folks here...

Updates to follow !!!

Good Luck To All Other Fellow Claimants....

Cheers,

Nick.

Quick Question...

If i claim for OVER 6 yrs of charges, is there anything different that i need to do (instead of just the flat 6yrs). Or does it not matter?

I have statements from Jan31st 2001 and was going to use all the charges listed from that date... and if i claim Just 6yrs, does that date begin when i make my 1st request (25th June 2007) and any charges before 25th June 2001 cant be requested??

Hope this makes sense??

Thanks for any replies!!

Nick.

Hi Nick

The 6 year limit starts from the date you file at Court; when I sent my Prelim it included charges from April and May 2001, but I then took them off when I filed on 22nd June.

However, there is a very good argument for claiming beyond the 6 year limit - I didn't because I have no confidence in my ability, but I read this and it made sense:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31575-important-things-you-really.html?garpg=6

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Thanks for the reply Jo,

I think i'll be happy carrying on with the 6yrs only, as i will have to go down the road of additional requests and waiting time to collect the appropriate statements and charges lists from Abbey!! And this could take ages!! due to Abbey stalling wherever they can...

And as i am close to the LBA stage i'm happy to continue where i am, with the 6yrs worth,

Thanks Again..

Nick.

Today sees the LBA letter going out recorded delivery.

After this i will be reading up on the next stage in detail.. so any pointers for what to look out for will be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure i know what i'm doing at the moment, but if any of you folks have any extra suggestions on what to watch out for... then Thanks in advance.

Nick.

• 3 weeks later...

I have recieved the standard 'looking into your complaint' letter from Complaints Dept, but will be moving on to the next stage regardless.

I am about to go into the realms of nervousness now... Issuing the court papers.. Form N1 filled in, printed off and attached with spreadsheet including interest rates. I just have to wait for payday before i take it all to the Court! (probably re-print spreadsheet on the day, as amounts change).

Any advice or anything i might have missed, or need to know would be truly grateful!!

Thanks in advance.

Nick.

Hi All,

I'm going to continue with my claim despite all the 'test case' concerns etc..

Using the new poc thats been kindly produced for our use, can anyone offer any advice on filling it in with the N1 form and what i need to look out for.??

Don't want to cock this up here...

Cheers

Nick..