Natwest Help Please

Fiona Flint
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help please. This is my original thread.......................

Hi would like some advise on the following. Whilst a student approx 6 years ago I borrowed £2000 from NatWest and also went overdrawn on my account that is now closed. I struggled to pay them back £20.00 a month for about three years and that barely covered the interest. When i defaulted they passed onto Moorcroft to whom i pay £40 a month.

After reading several threads I am now confused. It seems a lot of people ask for CCA and write off the debt or get charges back. Im confused as if I should leave it at £40.00 to Moorcorft (Interest + charges from NatWest make my debt remaining now £4104.99 and will take me 117 months to pay back) or try and get the debt reduced or written off.

Some advice would be welcome.

Since this thread has started I have received 100's of pages of statements for the account and the loan. Also there are statements included showing the interest added monthly and the original loan agreement unsigned.

Please can someone tell me what I do now. I have the excel spreadsheet but not a clue what to put in it and what letter to accompany it with.

Help greatly appreciated. Thanks lost and confused :o

Ok Fiona,

It's a bit laboriuos but what you need to do is go through your statements and put all the charges that appear in order in your spreadsheet.

e.g. date in col B, detail of penalty as per examples below in col C and amount in col D).

A running total will appear in col E.

Examples of penalties are:

Unpaid D/D Fee

Card Misuse Fee

Unarranged Borrow Fee

Cheque Return Fee

Unpaid R/P Fee

When you got charged interest (typically at the end of each month) put all these in the separate list cols G, H & I).

When all this is done you will have a totalised charge plus interest at the top of the sheet - this is what you want back from the bank.

Hope this helps.

g

Gr4th

Thanks for that G. Is there a letter I can use to send this back with the spread sheet?? And am I using the correct spreadsheet? Im going to use complex bank charges-calc hope this is the correct one :)

Hi Fiona

The initial letter you should use is in the templates library - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

Thanks for that G. Is there a letter I can use to send this back with the spread sheet?? And am I using the correct spreadsheet? Im going to use complex bank charges-calc hope this is the correct one :)

Yep, that's the one. Steve has kindly given you the link to the letter, and if you follow the associated step by step instructions you'll be fine.

If there's anything you are unsure of then don't be afraid to ask - there is a fantastic collection of people here who will chip in to help you all the way.

Don't forget - you have a right to these charges back.:)

Good luck.

g

Gr4th