Legallyblonde25 v HBOS

Guest legallyblonde25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest legallyblonde25

Hi all, I am a commercial litigation solicitor in Scotland. Having successfully pursued claims on behalf of clients for bank charges refunds I thought I would take the plunge and do it myself. I have over £5K due in refunds alone (all racked up when I was a law student.) I have sent formal letters to the bank and received just the same responses as some of you on here. I am to be receivin a final decision on 12th June from HBOS. In the event that reasonable proposals are not made then I will be persuing an ordinary cause action. YOu require a solicitor for this but as I am qualified litigation solicitor I have told the bank that I will take this all the way. Will keep you all updated.

Hi all, I am a commercial litigation solicitor in Scotland. Having successfully pursued claims on behalf of clients for bank charges refunds I thought I would take the plunge and do it myself. I have over £5K due in refunds alone (all racked up when I was a law student.) I have sent formal letters to the bank and received just the same responses as some of you on here. I am to be receivin a final decision on 12th June from HBOS. In the event that reasonable proposals are not made then I will be persuing an ordinary cause action. YOu require a solicitor for this but as I am qualified litigation solicitor I have told the bank that I will take this all the way. Will keep you all updated.

Will be interested in how this goes too and wish you well

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Mmmmm!

Wonder what happened?

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Thanks everyone for all your good wishes. I contacted the Bank today to see if the response had been issued yet as I will be initiating litigation on Wednesday. Apparently I have been highlighted as an urgent. Hmmm we'll see

By way of background I wrote to my bank in November after I forgot to renew my overdraft. I was going away to New York and it was the last thing on my mind. After incurring £400.00 worth of charges I wrote to them seeking a refund of just that period. Got bog standard response. Decided in February it was worth pursuing having successfully obtaining a refund for clients. Of course being a Bank of Scotland customer I got the delay chat about records etc from amalgation taking some time to send out etc etc. After a couple of snippy letters I sent an email to the CEO informing him that I was raising an action for account, payment and reckoning and that I would enroling a motion to ordain him to appear at the bar of court to explain his company's failures. The next day I received all my bank statements. I sent a letter requesting full refund of last five years and apparently they are looking at my complaint again and tomorrow is the final day for a response. Last week I received another set of bank statements which were clearly the original ones requested

I just love it when the big boys get a come uppance............bet he loved the idea of being dragged to the Bar of the court!

Sounds like this is going to be a case of great interest and I wish you well:p :p

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

Congratulations :p

Well I'm sure you will be very effective at it.....................and there's plenty of unhappy bank customers.......:p

Congratulations and a big well done, i filed n1 on 23rd may served on 25th may acknowledged on 1st june, rang someone at the legal department last week and was told that i would get a letter of settlement this week, nothing as yet, fingers toes legs and everything possible crossed lol x

Congratulations!

Stick Around - I Will Do,

When I've

+++won+++

Too!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!