• Tweets

• Not quite sure what you are trying to say but anyway please could you avoid posting solid blocks of text because it is extremely difficult for people to follow – especially if they are using small screen such as telephones. I have restructured your post above. Properly spaced and punctuated please. Thanks
    • I have received an email from town and country on behalf of everday loans. I assume I don’t reply to the email?   Any advice appreciated 
    • Hello, my name is Chris and aswell as saying hello, am checking my posts pop out nicely.  I have  an ongoing problem with British Gas(which shouldn't have become a problem at all), which has cannonballed into recently involving the Energy Ombudsman, Ofgem and I even, hasten to add our government because I am at wit's end. I have a couple of questions. What I write is likely to be mammoth size, I really would like to indicate why I am at wit's end, and as far as I am concerned (conjecture and opinion) its an indication of the inadequacy of our country's system that since and including John Major has been deliberately brought in to be such. Anyway hello and my 2 questions are ' Can I post photos and if so how, are there any instructions?'  and secondly,  ' To what extent can I mention names in what I post, first names only, second names? only, both allowed where known? quoting or gist acceptable, do I need to even though its case and should be anyway, state it's a truthful and honest account?'  It's been ongoing for over a year now on something which I am guessing should get sorted in maybe a month for most people, and I would actually like to go into fuller details than I've even said to them because I feel its important you know that I HAVE been significantly hindered and am living under that still as I speak/type.  
    • Well, Have we all got our piccy id ready to start taking out the Tories err Trash in the locals?
    • Thank you, I’m wary about calling ask know bullying tactics wilL start. I’m happy to write to them.  I will see what happens when we visit the garage. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

A & L Claim by Me!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took my Allocation Questionaire in person to the local court as I couldn't trust the postal service these days with thier one day strikes dissrupting all the letters. So now I just have to wait for the judge to get back to me with a date for the prelim hearing?

Thanks again for all those how gave me help and support ;)

Sean

Not all courts go to prelim or AQ hearing stage, mine jsut went straight to a final hearing... just keep a look out for the date and directions they give.

If you need any help with your bundle if you need to do one just shout and good luck

Feels like a lost little girl x

You don't know what your bundle will have to consist of until the judge tells you what he needs from you ... could be anything from a few pages to two hundred or so, so hold fire and don't submit anything 'til you know exactly what's required! You normally have 14 or 21 days to prepare it and you'll get plenty of help on here.

Read up on all you can about it though, so you're well prepared.

See this link :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html#post553523

It's important that you post your "directions" on here when you get them from the judge, so everyone can advise you on exactly what's required. Normally, in the same letter you'll get your court date ... if this is the route the judge wants to take. These dates, a few judges are not setting court dates.

Mimiicon7.gif

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Hello to you all again,

I've just recieved my orders from District Judge Cooper at Basingstoke County Court. He has orderd that:

1. Allocate to Small Clams track.

2. The Claimant do serve on the defendant and send to the court a schedule of each and every item of charging relied upon giving date snd details of the account and the amount by the fourteenth day after service on him/her of this order.

3. The Defendant do serve on the claimant and sent to the court full details of any facts and matters relied upon to show that each and every item of charging so detailed by the claimantis reasonable and proportionate by the fourteenth day after service on it of the claimant's schedule under paragraph 2 above.

4. Refer back to District Judge after the Thirty Fifth day after service of this order on the claimant.

Date of this was the 18th July

I take it that all I need to do is send in the copied statements and highlighting the charges (only those with charges on them) and on a separate sheet list all of the charges?

Sean

Yep, you're one of the lucky onesicon7.gif Not sure if you need to send your statements though, sounds like they only want the schedule, or should you also send copies of your statements to back it up I wonder?

See what others think. If in doubt, send the lot ... better to have too much than too little:rolleyes:

Mimi

your claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

I'm tempted to make a very "non pc" comment about entering the Wragge offices uninvited, but I won'ticon10.gif

I can't see there's much else you can do. You haven't been asked for "relevant/supporting papers", so maybe not pertinent to include the T&C's. If it came to court, maybe you could take these in with you? Might be worth getting further advice on this.

Mimi

your claim

I've just read on the OFT web site about the current situation with regards to Unfair Charges and I am a bit confused with one statement which I've copied as follows

The Financial Services Authority has issued a 'waiver' from its complaints handling rules. This action means that until the test case is resolved any bank or building society that applies for the waiver will not be required to handle complaints relating to unauthorised overdraft charges.

Can some one please clarify this to me that If A & L apply for this waiver then they are exempt from any further action from Jo public?

Sean

At first I thought it was a 'Blanket' waiver covering all financial institutions. This I never agreed with, and even told the FOS that only the financial institutions that have agreed to go to court should be able to suspend their claims, whereas those who are not on the list so to speak, should be made to carry on as normal settling claims etc as they appear.

Why should a bank, like the A&L, which has been stubborn and unyielding from day one, now benefit from the outcome which will be gained by the other bank's going to court while they were just sitting on the fence.

A&L should be made to either sit at the top table, or just settle up their backlog of cases.

Sound like your mother, good. Mothers are always right, trouble is we never take any notice of em.

"Get out of that tree or you'll hurt yourself". Been climbing the blooming tree for years. Soon as the warning from mother came, I fell out of the tree and ended up with a branch up my leg!

Can't think of a name, yes I can, 'Scrumpy Jack'

Scrumpy is only Scrumpy when it's 'Greeny' with bits in it!

• 3 weeks later...

Just recieved a letter from court today, it saying:

Judge read letter from A & L dated bla bla bla,

And there is no application and no fee

And is ordered that

there be no order

What does it all mean?

Can someone help?

Sean

can you post exact wording as it is not clear - no AQ and no fee is quite usual but courts are using different wording if case stayed. mine was vacated - so we need more details to help you

jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE