Herbert takes on Natwest Credit Card

lloyd_
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows how to sort out reclaiming credit card charges, i have my account number at the ready but don't know if there's a slightly different avenue to take or letters to send. My main goal tonight though is to find out what address I need to send the letter. My credit card was a natwest mastercard. Any advice much appreciated as usual. Your all sound as a pound and gonna be at least twice as round!x

D. L Herbert

Hi lloyd

Welcome to the NAtWest forum.

Reclaiming credit card charges is essentially the same as for current accounts with one or two slight differences:

1) obviously you need to drop references to overdrafts, direct debits, etc

2) interest is easier (IMHO) to calculate

THe basic scheme and templates are almost the same (with the above changes) - SAR, prelim lettter, lba (after 14 days) court claim (after anothr 14 days)

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

lloyd, do remember the office of fair trading report last year told the c/c companies that the maximum penalty charge to be levied was £12. This is only binding on the c/c companies NOT ON THE CONSUMER. you are protected by contract law. So don't let them fob you off with the OFT ruling. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 1 month later...

Hi again, I sent Natwest the letter Subject Access Request form on the 6th of June for both my Credit Card and current account and have only received communication regarding the current account including my statements so far. How do i chase up my Credit Card statements. I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to phone or to whom I should write, the same address? and if so what should my communication include? Cheers everybody.

D. L Herbert

We had the same problem - second request produced another copy of current account statements instead of CC statements. Wrote sarcastic letter back with the words credit card in bold every time it appeared. Statements came with an apology