• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

druids36 v woolwich/barclays

Druids36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, We thought we would start with these guys course we thought it would be easiest??!! Sent the information request letter 15th march 07 and got the charges info(nice easy read print out) back 20th april. Sent prem approach letter straight back asking for :eek: £8091.50 :eek: but got standard "40days to reply to your complaint bla bla". In the mean time we've spoke to them many times stating we don't want to transfer to barclays, lots of problems/confussion caused by woolwich customer service. We waited the 40 days then read your advice not to! but before i sent out LBA we suddenly get an offer of £5843.00:confused: (how did they get this amount) Anyway we are declining but i have a question or two: Can we decline offer in the LBA letter if we add the wording or does it have to be seperate? and they say that they disagree with us on the grounds of their terms and conditions but as they have transfered our account to barclays allbe it against our wishes and we've never signed anything for barclays are we bound by them?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Druids36

As Barclays now own Woolwich and have done since 2000, I suspose you have to go with where they send your information. As an original Woolwich customer who is now a Barclays, I am flabergasted to read other threads that state the woolwich are still sending out settlement offers. I was told earlier on in my claim that as it was over £1K it automatically got transferred to Barclay's?????. As to the LBA, I was offered £1k as full and final settlement against a claim of £15K, I stated over the phone I refused to accept and went on to the next phase automatically without a LBA. I'd just send the LBA and see what happens. They will probably withdraw their offer and refer you to Barclays anyway.

Best of luck.

Hi warrentuff, thanks for your reply.

I don't think either know who is doing what! at one point both W/B said they didn't run our account but were both adding charges!!

We've got a contact name now for a barclays person based at the woolwich customer service address so am going to send LBA direct to them.

can i ask tho- when do i start adding interest and do i have to give a total of the extra charges that they have added since my original amount and the termination date of our account?

Just a quick question and sorry if it's already been answered but when do we start adding interest on and is there anything else we should be adding ??

don't want them getting away with any more than they should. they have put us in so much debt i want to make sure we get whats due?

thanks

starting from the oldest charge (being charge 1) from the lsit supplied from either W/B. there is a simple excel template which will do all the calculation for you. the usual interest charged is 8%, it can seriously mount up as it did in my case. I know the feeling re the debt issue, I had a nervous breakdown because of all this, so every penny counts, and I'm still paying of peter and paul due to this, so don't worry this is all that this is about. that's why a fully support the Brennan bloke who is going after damages. Look in the templates libary, my computer seem to be stuck on you at the moment and won't let me go and get the link for you. Keep me informed.

WarrenTuff

hiya warrentuff,

thanks for the link will do it now.

i know just what you mean, we fully support all that are pushing this campaign too, if it wasn't for them and this site i doubt any of us would be getting as far as we are. The help, support and encouragement keeps me going :-) hope it's easy maths wasn't my best subject!

so thanks and will keep up to date.

Druids

the formulers are the easy part, it's the imputing that the hard part, if your list of charges is anything like mine ( i had to re type over 400 charges). the formulars are easy. If you know your excel there are short cuts, re dates and "reason for charges". let me know if you require any add help, i'm not a wizard but I can work around a spreadsheet!!!!!!!;)

Warrentuff.

good morning from worried druids ,

Well we sent the LBA on mon and we've been greeted by a reply this morning. we know it's most probably a tactic on their part but just need some advice please:confused:

Basically they say that the £5843 they offered remains their final offer and we can't have the full £8485 that it now is. We can still accept it now however if we don't and we start legal proceedings it would appear we can't each an amicable resolution. :rolleyes:

She also says " If you are dissatified with my proposal for resolving your complaint you may ultimately be eligible to refer to the Financial Ombudsman Service"

IS this all just normal tactics or something else?? What are the possible ways this is going to play out, can anyone say??? and as they have replied with a negative do we still wait the 14days before starting court proceedings?

sorry you all have probably been asked these questions loads :oops:

wavering Druids

I believe it is standard stuff, but as I was never offered any partial refund, apart from the £1K, I really don't understand what they are playing at. As previously stated Barclays have confirmed verbally that they refunding all charges together with 8% Interest and court costs, So it it really down to you how you want to play it. Except the £5K, walk away still chuffed that you have won, or go that extra mile and feel top of the world with £8K+. It's decision time i'm afraid. Let me know either way, You are not on your own, and myself and others will back you what ever path you choose.

Warrentuff.

hi warrentuff, thanks for the reply.

:cool:

We are biting the bullet and going for the lot. we've thought about it all day and the difference between the 2 amounts is alot of money, it's righfully ours and we've got 4 lovely kids to feed, cloth and generally maintain!!!!!

So HELP what's next, wait for the 14 days or can we file now as they have made their position clear and how??

and should we reply to this letter as it is basically the same as the last one???

druids36

HELP,we are ploughing though the spread sheet and need to clarify what date to put in.

On the spread sheet it says "date incurred" but on my charges list from the bank it has "date incurred" and "date applied". which do i put ?? surely i put the date they applied it to my account?

can some one please clarify as i don't want to give them any chance of throwing it out of court.

Hi Druids36

Sorry I hav'nt replied earlier, but my daughter has hogged the PC al weekend and I did'nt relise I had new post until I had got rid of all her emails.

Wait for the 14 day's just that it's protcol, as for the dates I went with date incurred, hope this is right!!! no one has come back to say any different. You may want to put this out further. If it is the other date it's a bit late for me know, as I am at the final stage.

Let me know either way.

Warrentuff

ok thanks dylon and warrentuff,

i've now got alot more typing to do !!!!!!!

serves me right should have waited for the replys but went ahead and put the other dates in!!! :rolleyes:

does the spread sheet automatically update the date for working out the interest or do i have to enter it somewhere? sorry if it's a silly question it's been a while since ive used spread sheets??!!!

Also as our claim is for over £10,000 with the interest am i correct in thinking we can't go through small claims court?? if so how and where???

thanks druids36

Hi Druids36

If my memory serves me right the formula's are pre set so everything should update with new dates added.

My claim is well over £10K with Interest, although some courts have stated Fast track, most courts are keeping to Small claims, I know that my courts have stated that it will go down this route, however on my AQ I did have to tick the Fast track but there is a cut and paste segment to add in stating why you think it should remain on the SCT. I'll help when you get to that stage.

Please note that court costs for claims over £10K but less than £15K is £250.00. Over £15K its a whopping £400.00, however you will of course get all this back.

Had an awful day with Barclays today, I've written War N Peace on my thread telling what went on. Think a glass of wine is in order.

Just let me know if you require any additinal help, always happy.

WarrenTuff

hello back again

well just going to take a look at this court mellarkie.

please feel free to offer any do's and don'ts and i'm sure there will shortly be a list of "God help i don't understand" questions!!!!!!!!!!!

wading in Druids36:-|

Ok, anybody out there!

HELP

As it's a joint account i put both of us down on the court form right??

and where can i find my local county court?

sorry to sound daft but just don't want to get it wrong and give them a way to wriggle out -can't afford to!

Druids36

OH and which address to use for the woolwich/barclays

i've been addressing to a lovely(i think!) lady of barclays at the old jackson house, clacton address if not this one then where

in antisipation druids36 :confused:

how do we stand on postage costs and alike ?

can we add them to the claim or is that getting petty??!!!:p

Forgot to mention they have terminated our account but apparently this doesn't mean closed?!

hi all,

just done the court forms and will be taking them in tomoro as long as mum-in-law will lend us the money to pay.

our total is £10607.53

wow thats going to help us out a bit but the 4 kids will soon eat that up!!! i can't help but dream of ways i can spend it...............new(er) and bigger car (so no more auguements on who's sitting in the boot), house electric's that are safe, patio........

whats the time scales from here and when and what do we have to pay next can anyone tell us please.

Well have been down to court and handed everything in. i hope i didn't forget anything.

Decided to put both names on the N1 but was told by the court clerk that we didn't both have to sign it . Do hope that is correct and won't end up a costly time consuming mistake. Oh well can't do anything about it now.

Went for the main london address: 1 churchill place, as it's the head office. so i surpose now we wait and see.

The nice chap at the court did say that the banks are getting tough on the cases now and are defending more, they are fed up of paying out!!!!

Shouldn't have ripped us all off in the first place then should they!

:mad:

I have noticed that i seem to be typing to myself these days is there anyone out there, have you all given up, jumped ship or just all won your cases and too busy out enjoying yourselves!!! :D

I am reading your thread still! I have been claiming off Woolwich Barclays since last june and i got so bogged under I have now sent it to a claims company, who are charging 15%!!!!! My claim is for nearly £15000, so I decided we either did it that way or I couldn't cope and we would get nothing! I didn't want to take the risk of b*llsing up and them taking me to court! We too have 4 kids and by and large need the money!

Good luck and I'll keep reading, my fingers are crossed for you and when you win I will be gutted about the percentage I lost!

HELLO Some one at last!!!!!!!

nice to know i'm not alone. We considered a reclaim company too, but decided we didn't want to hand over any of our money . Am wondering now if it was the smartest decision ever made!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the stress and trying to keep on top of it all is hard work and with the four kids well you know !!!!!

i seem to come on here to do a simple task then end up spending all night reading threads and doing letters, spread sheets etc! it makes a change tho as it's normally my other half hogging the cmputer all night !!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

What stage are you at and is it any quicker using a company??????

keep in touch

druids36:)