conalot v yorkshire bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Youre welcome Jeanette

I want you to be informed well read and a winner. :)

"I am more than prepared to repay any money I have borrowed, IF they are prepared to refund any money THEIR agreement doesnt allow them to charge me." Tamadus

Thanks couldnt put it better myself :D

Hi there, I have just heard fron teesside courts and they have put a stay on my claim ( hearing 11th October) but only until outcome of test case and appeal or 31st October 2008 , whichever is sooner. So they must be expecting a fairly quick verdict on this test case. I am stuck with my latest court directions, they read ( to me anyway) that I have to lodge an objection to the stay or they will dismiss my case...:eek: Good luck with your case...

mine read the same mate so i put in an application for the stay to be lifted an was told by the clerk that it would be heard in 5 working days hahaha right o so to me we pay out for a pointless application or they dismiss our claim but they have no intension of doing it but it might get rid of a few cases if people dont apply its how it looks to me anyway good luck to you to

Hi, I sent a PM to Michael Browne who was very helpful with my directions. I'm not going to waste any more money on applying for the stay to be lifted. But I do have to apply for the stay to be lifted before the end of October next year or until the outcome of the test case( whichever is sooner) so I thought I can wait til next year as they don't seem to be in any hurry to lift any stays. I did send an objection to the application of a stay to the judge prior to one been granted which did no good anyway.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.......

well guys ive just got in the post this morning a date for the hearing to remove the stay,13 NOV at 12.10 teeside combined courts.

it reads;

the hearing of this case will take place by the way of a telephone conference.

the defendants legal representative is ordered to arrange the telephone conference.

please quote telephone number ************ when arranging your telephone conference.

time estimate for hearing must be accurate as they will not be allowed to over-run. in the event that a time estimate is insufficient then please contact the court. please note that time has been allocated for the judge to read all papers in advance of the hearing.

the applicant and respondants(s) must serve all documents to be relied upon at the hearing no later than 4.00pm 2 days before the hearing.

please mark all documents served upon the court for this hearing as telephone conference on the (date) an (time).

well chaps am not sure what to think at the moment dont know if im getting somewhere or not an not sure what im to do either so any thoughts on it or advice would be great nerves are kicking in a bit ill admit cheers in advance

an just a thought rabble i know its frustrating an its seemss as if we are just chucking money away for nowt at the moment but i would put in an application to remove your stay now as collectively if everyone does it inundates the courts with them an shows that we will not go away they are relying on people not doing it to lighten the load on the courts dont let them shove you under the carpet dont give up ......we are not going away!!!!

Hi CONALOT,

Junkimunki ere again, have just come back from bank with my son who had applied for a loan, but he has been told that there is a black mark against his name, guess where it is from, yes you have guessed correct it is from the YB, the reason for this is that he cancelled his account in march 07, and transferred to another bank , but his direct debits that were being taken out of the bank was not cancelled by the YB, and they let them apply to collect but should not have let them apply .

The Company that went in to collect paid the £35 back to my son but said the other moneyies cosisiting of £8 per day that had accrued should come from the banks direct debit indemnity scheme, but after contacting the YB by way of letters they refused to cancel these charges of £8 per day and because I told them they had more CHANCE of Having a baby than me handing the money over they sent it to their debt collector/ solicitor who have wrote to me and I told them the same ""go row a boat without the oars" , but the balance is now £800 + when they sent it to their solicitor, and this has now resulted in the black mark against his credit scoring .

This is gonna cost em money as it was their own fault and I did try and solve it by writing to them personally and explaining the situation but all they were thinking of was lining their own pockets as usual .

my husband had an account with YB for years always keep in good order never overdrawn had loans never for large amounts only £1000 at most paid all on the nail but his firm went into liquidation an he had to use the insurance on the loan to pay the remaining payments. he went for a loan a few years later when he was back in employment an had been for a while an was turned down due to him using his insurance to pay off the previous loan he had. Insurance on the loan was YBs own for the loan given to him by them!!! is it me or is that wrong????

Zoot is working on a bundle for removing a stay here. Keep an eye out for any updates, but I'm sure it will help your application. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/114505-bundle-stay-hearing.html#post1134427

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Go get 'em girl! lol

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Sorry Jeanette, if you read my thread you will see the update on my case, hope you have still got some nails left...lol, I didn't know that I was getting posts!!! By the way if it helps I am a qualified nail technician, can "run" a few up for you...lol

Reclaiming £2200 from Yorkshire Bank 5.2.07

that is good to know my acrylics are buggered at min lol im gutted for you mate i have a hearing in november am going all out to do what i can fingers crossed it does seem as if the courts are on the side of banks an sod the ordinary folk but they should underestimate the power of the ordinary folk big mistake on there part (i hope)

Just cos it went wrong for me, doesn't mean it will be the same for everyone, I really will keep everything crossed for you, sounds like you need it to keep the tootsies in tip top condition......lol...I think at some point in the future we will get something back. question is just how much??

Reclaiming £2200 from Yorkshire Bank 5.2.07