• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

andy L vs NatWest**WON**

andyfzr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had the bank send all my statements since I opened the account, can I use these to ask for my charges to be refunded by highlighting the charges etc. what would be the best way to do this as i,m getting ready to hit them with a claim.

thanks Andy

I have all my statements from day 1 but alot of the charges just say charge and the amount while some of them actually state what they are for. Do I add the lot up or just the ones that say what they are for. Also do I have to enter them all in a spreadsheet with dates and descriptions coz I can only put a description of the ones that have one on my statement. thanks for any help

its hard to say what alot of them are, they are almost certainly penelty charges but thay just say stuff like charges and then a date refering to the previous month for example one says charges 4th march ac/xxxxxxxxxx 28.00 then when i look at 4th march to which it seems to refer im not overdrawn nor any reference to a charge. This is very confusing, there must be some way to distinguish the charges. Maybe I should go in the bank and ask them to explain it all but I doubt they would do that for me.

Yes you can use these. What you need to do to calculate all of your charges is look in the Bank Templates Library here and look in Spreadsheets and fill that in. Very simple and easy way of doing it. When you print it out send it off with the Pre Lim letter and with the LBA letter but don't include the 8% on the spreadsheet as this is only included in the court stages and you can't do that before. Need any further help just shout.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

• 1 month later...

After much reading on your great site and asking questions I decided I was ready to take them on. just one more question, as I was trying to catch up and do a full stretch with no charges, lo and behold they slapped one on me after going a whole month without going overdrawn. I rang them and the first lady aggreed that I was ok then put me through to some other person who told me that charges actually go back two months. Is this true, or are they spinning me a yarn. They are so sneaky with their timing of these charges its making me a little paranoid, lol. Any one help before I start the ball rolling. Thanks Andy.

stick to the routine

dpa request

prelim

lba

court

remember to include schedule of charges

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

• 6 months later...

I sent my first letter demanding my charges and just got a letter back acknowledging it and saying they will get back in a few weeks. I take it this is a brush off and I should now send another letter. If someone can give me a little advice on what I should do. thanks Andy

Hi Andyfzr (are you a biker then?)

Best thing to do is follow CAG advice. Presume your first letter was the prelim with a schedule of charges attached? If so, give them 14 days then send LBA (Letter Before Action) again giving 14 days, again with a copy of your schedule of charges attached.

NatWest are working on an 8 week turnaround - alledgedly!!!!

There are loads of helpful links in the FAQ's, I can't post links cos its too technical.......

Wendy

Good advice from Wendy............ this is nat west's standard delaying tactic that they're using in an attempt to deter you from eventually filing a claim at court.

This is your claim - not nat wests, so stick to your timescales........... not theirs. LBA 14 days after prelim, then either MCOL or N1 at county court if no full offer (written) of refund of all charges after another 14 days!

Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

hi wendy, sorry only just noticed first line. Yes I'm a biker,,,Yam FZR600. Do you have a bike or an interest in them, if so theres a big bike festival in my neck of the wood at Ripley, "The Rock and Blues Custom Show" Loads of bikes, loads of bands, Loads of beer and sometimes loads of mud but inevitably loads of fun.

Its hubby thats the biker, I'm just the pillion. He's recently sold his 'Busa and has now got a Kwak 750 Ninja. Son is just getting into bikes, had a scooter, then Aprilia RS50 and just ordered a new RS125. When's the Ripley festival? Although we're on hols soon and as well as that never get many free weekends.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just an update.

I recieved a letter this morning from my bank which I was expecting as their 14 days were almost up.

This was my second letter to them, demanding my moneys owed to me.

I sent the first one from the template to which they sent a reply that they were looking into it and it could take 6weeks.

So i sent them another list of charges and a letter telling them that my first letter was a demand and not a statement etc. Told them I thought they were stalling and demanded my paymen 870 quid. or else court in 14 days.

got a letter this morning telling me that I should know the rules and they do not agree with my request, HOWEVER on this occasion as a goodwill gesture they will offer me 829 quid but on the understanding that they have done nothing wrong,,bla bla bla

That tickled me, good will gesture, anyway I sent the signed slip back aggreeing to the settlment as I wont quibble over 40 quid.

So thanks guys and I'll send you a little donation when it clears in my account, I just cant thank you enough,,keep up the good work,,,

All the best Andy Lewis

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Well done for sticking to your guns - enjoy your winnings!

Best wishes, hedgey xx :D :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.