• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

hilaryfrances v Yorkshire Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:cool: hello peeps, glad to see Caro is back with us. I hope everything will be sorted out for you soon.

Can anyone tell me what happened to the barrister who was sueing his bank? His story sems to have disapeared from the news. I know it got put back.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI HilaryFs,

I am supposed to go to Court a few days b4 you, my date being Aug 21st @2pm , sent for my statements in Dec 2006, filed my claim April 2007, AQ returned 22/6/07, court date sent 27/06/07, bundle requested to court and defendant within 21 days , then defendants to comply within 21 days , they will settle after all my hardwork has been submitted, then because they have no backbone, they will wait till the very last minute b4 settling, then I am going to ask the court for a wasted costs order due to their incompetent and flagrant disregard for the Judicial system, and all my stress and manual intervention, ink and prepatory time involved to date.

;):p

Thank you Alpha Greek, I will be able to keep up to speed on his case now.

Ill drink to that Junki, but then Ill drink to any.... Yes I know what you mean about making us work to get our own money back...grrr! I would like to take them tyo court for spoiling a good part of my life as well as the time taken to prepare this case.:D

Thank you Alpha Greek, I will be able to keep up to speed on his case now.

Ill drink to that Junki, but then Ill drink to any.... Yes I know what you mean about making us work to get our own money back...grrr! I would like to take them tyo court for spoiling a good part of my life as well as the time taken to prepare this case.:D

And I'll drink to all the work YB will have to do now to prepare for the cases against them in Hull! http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=41&a=102 :D

(By the way Hils, I promise I'll go to bed soon, but having had no internet, or even phone for what seems like ages I've been suffering withdrawal symptoms)!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

;) hee hee Caro, I am glad I am not alone in being hooked. I have just returned from a fortnights holiday and could not wait to fire up my pc. It is strange how we cant live without them now isnt it! I saw a message on here yesterday that you have a family member who is not well, I hope that they are on the way to recovery now. You have been through it havent you? I hope your luck changes soon. take care Hils

28 September I think. BBC NEWS | Business | Bank to face penalty fees D-Day

(Mum out of hospital and on the mend thanks Hils. It has been a bit rough lately!)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

:D Well, as I have visitors coming for a while next Thursday, I have set aside Monday to do my court bundle. I have basic court bundle from bookworm, my statements, all letters sent to YB in conection with my claim, copy of statement from director of bank where he states that they are charges and not fees. Could anyone tell me if there is anything else I need, other than loads of patience photo copying this lot?

I'll email you a copy of the CYNthesys info Hilary.

• 3 weeks later...

hello peeps, well one very poorly pc, one visit from a computer geek and £107 later and I am back. WHAT a week, friends nearly wrecked our house, their kids moaned all the time. glad to say they have gone now. we had burgulars who stole our car keys, retrieved them just in time to stop garage changing all the locks on the car and it costing us £275 in excess on the insurance, phew! In an argument at the moment as replacement mobile from Woolworths not working and they insist it does. Hospital rang to say my hubby had to have an operation on Monday, he has had this and is now on the mend. And to top it all article in Sunday papers to say test case for bank charges going ahead and to stop action if you have a claim in and I could not get on tinternet to find out what is going on. PHEW, from what I understand though I have to continue with my preperations as normal unless I hear otherwise from the court. Is this right? Hils PS thank you caro for the CYNthisis or however it is spelt got it now HH

Phew what a time Hils. You're spot on, although we all know YB like to keep us on our toes, but it's the court you listen to, not the media.

Not affected by new floods, but we were told yesterday another 4 months until it's dry and then they can start work on it! I pity those just starting claims as there are shortages of drying equipment, and ours has packed up. Waiting for a new one from Sweden!:(

Still, at least I have CAG in the meantime.:)

thank you conalot, I know it is nothing though compared with what a lot of peeps have had to deal with who have been flooded. At least my problems are just about sorted. The burgalry was our fault, we forgot to lock the door, something we never forget to do, so be warned peeps these scumbags must be trying doors every night, just in case.

I am sorry you are having to wait so long just for your house to dry out Caro, wish we could harness some of the hot air from the banks to help the process along

well we have now discovered that we have a faulty modem, must get some cream for it. Engineer coming out again on Tuesday, when I WILL get my bundles done. Famous last words eh? If YB ask me to put of my claim until after the court case then I will burn them down! no not really so dont send your lawyers round YB. Fingers crossed we can stay on line for more than 5 minutes this time,:p

I suggest that you get an application for removal of a stay ready too Hils, just to be on the safe side. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/17065-application-removal-stay-updated.html

As one of the banks included in the test case I think it's a safe bet that you'll need it.