Can't wait to get started

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am completely exasperated with the Halifax, as I'm sure all of us are. :roll:

Have had my accounts with them for years but before I even read about your site we had started to move our many accounts with them. Firstly went the mortgage, then the kids accounts and am about to start on the ones with all the direct debits etc. Have opened a new current account ready to speed up the process.

Sent DPA letter on 4th May and got standard response.

Statements arrived 26th May but on further inspection one of them jumped from 31 Jan 2001 to 6 December 2004. I called and asked for them again.

"Replacement" arrived 3rd June - exactly same page with exactly same problem.

Called on 5th June to ask them to sort it out and was told I would have to pay a further £5 - didn't seem to grasp that this was their error. Am now waiting for the statement - apparently generated from a different part of their system and very "graciously" waiving the fee.

By my reckoning the 40 days is up on 14th June but we're off on holiday until 16th.

Am itching to get my numbers together so that I can senf off the first letter.

Am so sad that Halifax has come to this I had my first mortgage with them when they were a Building Society and they were brilliant and very understanding when I wasn't quite on top of my finances. Now they are a nightmare, recently got charged £80 for going overdrawn for 2 hrs - apparently they have no control over the order direct debits are paid in or taken out (even though in both instances they were from other Halifax accounts!),

This is such a brilliant site - have already spent hours browsing and reading up and am inspired by people's perseverence and courage in taking the Halifax on.

[COLOR=plum]Prelim 5/3/07; rec'd standard letter[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]LBA 19/3/07; rec'd further holding letter[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]MCOL 5/4/07; waiting with baited breath[/COLOR]

I have now received the latest batch of statements and can't believe (or perhaps I can) that yet again they are not correct. Have had from Jan 2001 to December 2001 but then it jumps to December 2004.

The 40 days are up tomorrow by my reckoning so I guess I can report them to the information commissioner but where does this leave me with my next step with the bank? There are still 2 years of statements missing - should I do my prelim letter and with it say that I reserve the right to add whatever fees they have charged in that two years (I know there are some because I still have a few of the statements) or should I presevere and try to get all the statements?

I would be looking to get charges back from two accounts - do I have to do them separately in which case I could get started with one and resolve the other later.

If anyone can help it would be fab - we're due to go away next week and had hoped to set the wheels in motion before then.

Thanks

Llin

[COLOR=plum]Prelim 5/3/07; rec'd standard letter[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]LBA 19/3/07; rec'd further holding letter[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]MCOL 5/4/07; waiting with baited breath[/COLOR]

Look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6986

for template letters for DPA non-compliance.

I'd be inclined to wait until you have a precise figure.

As long as the 2 accounts are with the same bank and in the same name, you can make just 1 claim, but there's nothing to stop you doing them seperately

Thank you so much. That is fab - I hadn't managed to find that thread. I can send a letter tomorrow morning and perhaps they'll have replied by the time I get back from hols (not). Given I can't do anything until then anyway perhaps I will be able to do one claim after all.

Thanks again

Llin

• 9 months later...

As you will see there has been a long delay between then and now. Family and work stuff got in the way but am starting to get on track again and have achieved the following:

Prelim letter sent 5 March - received usual delaying stuff back.

LBA sent 19th March - waiting for response.

Have been reading up on MCOL and waiting for the 2nd April. No doubt will uncover some questions before then though this site has had so many successful cases so far I've managed to find all the answers I needed.

L

Thanks that's brill. Trying to not confuse myself with too much info from too many places so this is exactly what I need.

Hi Llinb

I'm pretty much i at a similar stage to you. My LBA will be due out on the 04th April, so i'll keep watching your thread to see what happens.

Did they not offer you anything at all at the prelim stage?? not that you would accept it anyway!!! but just to see if there is a common theme with the Halifax.

keep us posted

• 2 weeks later...

Have just submitted MCOL. Very nervous but excited at prospect of getting my money back.

Think I am supposed to let a moderator know that I've done this but am hopeless with finding my way around - any ideas how I do this?

• 2 weeks later...

Updating the thread, have just checked MCOL online and discover that my claim has been acknowledged. By my calculations this gives them until 13th May. Sit tight and wait to hear from the Court I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it appears I have my money!!! It's in my banck account as of today. Two amounts, one for the charges and a second for the interest and court fees. Strangely they never approached with an offer and I haven't even received a letter.

Assume I have to let MCOL know, but will wait for some sort of written confirmation - wouldn't want them to take the money back!

How do I get this moved to successful claims I wonder?

YIPPEE!!!

Chances are you wont hear from them. So your fine to inform mcol.

Most people, the money just turns up in 2 amounts, with no contact.

Well done....:D :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .