Vodafone charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

OK heres the story ...

Ive had a vodafone contract for years but having recently lost my job i found myself unable to pay the contract one month, now after i didnt pay my bill they just cut my phone off not just outgoing but incomming calls as well, i just got the message on my phone "unregistered sim card" so they must have popped my sim for me i was way over the end of this contract anyway so i had no contractual obligations to to carry on paying until it that was up but over and above the £35 i owed them they are wanting a further 2 months off me

So as my contract had finished anyway and they had cancelled the service i had with them should i pay them 2 extra months on top of what was outstanding ? personally i think not, well they aint getting it anyway but i was wondering where to go from here its now with a DCA any help would be appreciated

your contract is for a minimum of 12 months. After that you keep it open unless you give them 1 month notice. I would say you are liable for the £35 you didnt pay them and 1 more month on top for your notice period. They pass all outstanding debt to a DCA and they will put their cut on top. I would be tempted to pay up as they will show a default othrwise which is not worth it.

Hope that helps a bit

:)

to be honest i couldnt care less about a default ive got a whole shed load of em and one more aint gona make the slightest bit of difference im on the verge of bankruptcy anyway i just wanted to stick it to em.

Apart from that read the post i didnt cancel it they did so why the hell should i pay ?

Sorry to hear about your dreaded bankrupcy. I did read the post.....it said any help would be appreciated. They suspended the service they didnt end the contract. As to your question "why the hell should I pay?" If you have used the service then I think you should pay if you can. Did you contact them to say you had lost your job? The DCA will contact you to arrange a payment plan that is affordable for you. Cant figure out why they added 2 months on if you were out of contract. Have you had an upgrade?

sorry yes i did say any help would be appreciated and i certainly do appreciate the help i get on this site, the thing is i just dont see why i should pay the extra months when i was getting nothing from them

in there terms and conditions it says

b) We may end this Agreement immediately by writing to you if:-

• you do anything (or allow anything to be done) which we think may damage or affect the operation of the networks or you become bankrupt or make any arrangement with creditors or go into liquidation or become subject to an administration order or a receiver is appointed over any of your assets;

• you do not do what you have to do under this Agreement (e.g. you fail to pay any charges) and do not put it right within 7 days of being asked by us in writing to do so

seems to me that they deliberately dont go by what they say in the terms and conditions so they can make a bit more money out of you, why should i have to give one months notice is this fair ? does it really take them one month to turn your phone off i dont think so.

regardless of the contract i was not in reciept of any services so therefore why should i pay im going to send them a letter anyway stating my case and disputing the amount with an offer to pay the month that i owed see where it gets me i was just curious if there was anything in the utcc's that might apply here or any other applicable arguments or am i basically banged to rights.

That's their side of the deal - your side (which you agreed to) is to keep your side of the bargain. One of the reasons why pre-pay is so popular is that you do not have to bow down to the operator and watch them wreck your financial reputation.