kevin v abbey

kjh0711
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) REQUEST SENT - 12th MARCH 2007

non compliance REPORTED TO Information Commissioner - 30TH APRIL 2007

FINALLY ALL INFO RECEIVED - 3RD MAY 2007

POSTED PRELIMINARY APPROACH LETTER - 14TH MAY 2007

POSTED LETTER BEFORE ACTION - 31ST MAY 2007

TOOK N1 FORM TO MY LOCAL COURT - 20TH JUNE 2007

good luck to you all!!

...heres me so far...

ABBEY received request for last 6 years statements on 12th March

On day 25 (3rd April) i received a letter saying that last 14 months statements would be sent under seperate cover. and info prior to this is archived and will be sent at later stage.

received my 14 months statement a few days later.

...mmm....when would i receive the rest i wondered?

sent letter reminding them that i require all info within 40 days.

on day 42 (monday april 23rd) received 2 year spreadsheet listing all charges for that period. OK THEN...thats 3 years info so far!!..

sent letter to abbey from the template library to remind them that they have not complied and have 7 days.

7 days later ....nothing..............

monday 30th April (DAY 47) REPORTED ABBEY TO THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONER ONLINE and posted letter telling Abbey what i had done and that i will start a court proceeding for non compliance in 7 days time.

I also returned the £10 cheque that they wanted to refund me. Probably didnt need to do that, but who knows... an acceptance of the refund may be seen as an acceptance of the delay....(which i dont accept)

.....received all information TODAY 3rd MAY.

NOW to sort through the info, collate charges and start the serious stuff.

not forgeting the CCI;)

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

Hi Kevin :) , May I suggest you scrutinise the spreadsheet too? Mine had quite a lot of charges for cleared transactions over the 2 year period, but not one for going into an unauthorised overdraft. I've written back and requested microfiche copies or duplicate statements for that period, because to me, that seems a bit odd. Best of luck, Dizzy.

hi. thanks for advice.

luckily for me, i have the original bank statements covering the period of the spreadsheet.

I have now gone through them all and can say that all the charges are correct (that surprised me).

i do have unauthorised overdraft fees on the statement and they are correct also.

good luck.

Used spreadsheet (excel) to calculate charges. £4458.50.

Didnt bother with interest that i have been charged by Abbey for each penalty charge because Info supplied for past 6 years doesnt really give you all the details that you need to be 100% sure of calculation. ie. account balance at time . was it charged at unauth overdraft rate or just overdraft rate. What was the rate of interest for my overdraft?I know 28.7% is unauth overdraft rate but has it always been this?.....dont have these answers so will proceed to reclaim all my charges. If it goes to court then i think adding 8% will make me smile...Infact it already has, the excel doc works that out for you.

SENDING PRELIM LETTER WITH STATEMENT OF CHARGES TOMORROW 14/05/07

I couldn't understand the interest bit either and to be honest would have been happy with the charges, but Abbey let it go to court and so the 8% was added!

As you say, this makes you smile ~ it'll make you smile more if you think of it as a savings account!

• 3 weeks later...

14 days are up. posting LBA today 31st MAY 2007. included threat of OFT complaint as I have done it when they did not comply with the Data Protection Act. So will definately do it if (?..ahem....when) they do not comply again.

• 3 weeks later...

Filled out N1 form

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c...ms/n1_0102.pdf

and will be taking to court tomorrow. 20th june 2007. claim is £4458.50 plus 1398.44 interest and is accumulating 98p per day.

fees will be £250.

reading forum for other cases now and doing my homework.

...there are some inspirational stories out there.