littlewoods catalogue- is this covered by the CCA 1974?

pt2537
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

i cannot remember signing a credit agreement for an LX direct account . they have charged me charges and keep raising my credit limit.

can anyone tell me are littlewoods / lx direct covered by the CCA1974? its just that they are adding charges to my account,it was cleared but now they keep adding charges and say i have to pay which i dont feel is right so i was wondering if i could use the section 77/78 CCA request to stop them from trying to enforce this debt

any ideas ?

thanks

paul

Yes they are and the chances are they will not have one. Sent the CCA request as the library template. I would also suggest you send a SAR request for all information. Remove the references to charges and 6 years.

I wrote to LX Dirext two days ago and advised them no more money, I have a balance of a couple of hundred quid.

Hey I used to work for littlewoods finance, actually starting again there end of may, hated phoning customer at xmas asking them for the debt repayments. was a horrible job, and there would always be *charge* *charge* *charge* *payment* *charge* *charge*

it was really bad! some of the more mature debts had £1000's of debt on them!!!

I say claim them all back! be ruthless!

Virgin Media

SAR sent 20th Feb

Non-Compliance sent 25th May

Natwest

WON £78

HSBC

WON £238

Currently claiming £70

Thanks everyone, looks like a battle with littlewoods is on the horizon then!!

im gonna send them a CCA request as my account has been open since 2002 so i expect that they dont have any information dating back that long

i will wait and see what they have to say for themselves, incidently is there a template for a cca request on here anywhere?

regards

paul

Hi everyone,

thanks for replying. i have sent the CCA letter off this afternoon so its just a matter of waiting another 12 days + 2 allowing for the post

i will post any reply on here when i get one

paul

• 1 month later...

okay, i know i shouldnt say but... as i have now started working there again, when i go into Mrs Smiths account screen, i have the option to order stationary... under this tab i can choose to send her a copy of the credit agreement and various other items at the push of a button, i ASSUME these are what are being sent out by the customer service advisors and NOT original signed credit agreements...

only a thought

Virgin Media

SAR sent 20th Feb

Non-Compliance sent 25th May

Natwest

WON £78

HSBC

WON £238

Currently claiming £70

Hi skyeley69,

i think the problem is that littlewoods along with many other catalogues dont bother making their new customers sign credit agreements which is why they cant send the customers true signed/ executed credit agreements because they simply dont have them.

i spoke to littlewoods today who didnt even understand the implications of not complying with my CCA request. i explained that they were in default of their obligations under the CCA and ithe debt was no longer enforcable etc , after i had finished explaining i wasnt going to pay them until they complied i was asked if i wanted to make a payment today as the account was in arrears and they would be adding a charge if i didnt?

that says it all really doesnt it

regards

paul

i really can believe it !

They are a nightmare, they sent me a blank agreement with my current address typed on it. If there was an original it wouldn't have that address. They have even charged me untold amounts of extra adavntage that i have never asked for. I do not order anything of value why would i want insurance on a pair of £20.00 jeans!!!!! They have taken it upon themselves to charge this now i am having a nightmare getting it back, plus their charges which seem to fluctuate monthly:rolleyes:

Hi all

I am subscribing to this i have just recieved my s.a.r. stuff from littlewoods i can not make head nor tail of it i know i have been charged loads of charges because the credit limit was £425 and they were after over £700

need some proper guidance :confused:

good luck :wink:

Hi meg&mog,

when you say you cant make head nor tail of the documents they sent in response to your S.A.R what do you mean? any response to an SAR under the DPA 1998 must be in an intelligable format and if it has abbreviations then there should be a key to tell you what each item menas.

if it is the case that you cannot understand the data because of the reason above then you should write to them asking them to clarify exactley what each piece of data you dont undestand means.

also do you still have an account with littlewoods with an outstanding balance? if you do have you sent them a CCA request?

i hope this is of some help to you

regards

paul

hi pt

yeah i do still have a account with them i have cca,d them and i got the proper cca back i have moorcroft dca dealing with it i,m currently paying them 10 per month

i can,t understand the stuff in the sar the abbreviations or anything its just looks like pages of a computer screen printed out i see the odd broken promise or promises to pay here and there when they have rang me and asked for payments i can not afford but apart fro that i am lost

thanks so much for your help i will just write back and kinda say "er in english plz":)

that kind of thing?

thanks again :wink:

Hi meg&mog,

i would write back and tell them that under the Data Protection Act they are required to supply the data in a Subject Access Request in an intelligable format and they have failed to do that in this case, i would ask them to clarify every piece of data they have sent which you do not understand.

i must say im surprised that they have replied to you with a proper executed credit agreement. have you had the agreement check out to make sure its valid as i know littlewoods try to fob people off with anything and say its a credit agreement

regards

paul

hi pt

I will deffo do that today with regards to the credit agreement i have had my brother check it who is something of a "reg" on here he seems to think all is in order i think i may have been one of the unlucky ones who,s cca they did keep

i have got a thread in debt collections forum about this because of moorcroft but obviously i am not getting any trouble from them because i am paying it

i saw this thread about the sar,s being a nitemare and wanted to watch because they so are

thanks again for your help i will get a letter done today sorry to hijack your thread i will update on my thread moorcroft re;littlewoods when i get a reply thanks again

:)