• Tweets

• Received a final demand today Final demand.pdf
    • Here is my final draft: I, XXXXXX, being the Defendant in this case will state as follows; I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in the claim and further to my set aside application dated 1 November 2022. The claimants witness statement confirms that it mostly relies on hearsay evidence as confirmed by the drafts in person in the opening paragraph. It is my understanding they must serve notice to any hearsay evidence pursuant to CPR 33.2(1)(B) (notice of intention to rely on hearsay evidence) and Section 2 (1) (A) of the Civil Evidence Act.   1.        The claimant failed to comply with the additional directions ordered by District Judge Davis on the 2 February 2024 'The Claim shall be automatically struck out at 4pm on 3 April 2024 unless the Claimant delivers to the Court and to the Defendant the following documents.' None of these documents were received by the court nor the defendant by that date.   2.        I understand that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much reduced cost to the amount claimed and which the original creditors have already wrote off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income as confirmed in the claimants witness statement exhibit by way of the Deed of Assignment.   As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights.  This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information).  The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party.   3.        The alleged letter of claim dated 7 January 2020 was served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018, no effort was made to ascertain my correct address.  I have attached a copy of my tenancy agreement which is marked ‘Appendix 1’ and shows I was residing at a difference address as of 11 December 2018 and was therefore not at the service address at the time the proceedings were served.  I have also attached an email from my solicitors to the Claimants solicitors dated 14 July 2022 which was sent to them requesting that they disclose the trace of evidence they utilised prior to issuing the proceedings against me.  This is marked ‘Appendix 2’.  The claimants solicitors did not provide me with these documents.   4.        Under The Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims 2017 a Debt Buyer must undertake all reasonable enquiries to ensure the correct address of a debtor, this can be as simple as a credit file search. The Claimant failed to carry out such basic checks. Subsequently all letters prior to and including ,The Pre action Protocol letter of claim dated 7 January 2020 and the claim form dated 14th February 2020 were all served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018.   5.        I became aware of original Judgement following a routine credit check on or around 14th September 2020.   6.        Upon the discovery of the Judgement debt, I made immediate contact with the Court and the Claimant Solicitors, putting them on notice that I was making investigations in relation to the Judgement debt as it was not familiar to me.  I asked them to provide me with a copy of the original loan agreement but this was not provided to me.   The correspondence to the Claimant Solicotors is attached and marked ‘Appendix 3’   7.        I then sent a Data Subject Access Request to Barclays but no agreement was provided. Details the timeline of communication between myself and Barclays are attached and marked ‘Appendix 4’and the copies of correspondence between myself and Barclays are attached and marked ‘Appendix 5’.   8.        The claimant relies upon and exhibits a reconstituted version of the alleged agreement.   It is again denied that I have ever entered into an agreement with Barclaycard on or around 2000.  It is admitted that I did hold other credit agreements with other creditors and as such should this be a debt that was assigned to Barclaycard from another brand therefore the reconstituted agreement disclosed is invalid being pre April 2007 and not legally enforceable pursuant to HH Judge Waksman in Carey v HSBC 2009 EWHC3417.  Details of this are attached and marked ‘Appendix 6’.   The original credit agreement must be provided along with any reconstituted version on a modified credit agreement and must contain the names and address of debtor and creditor, agreement number and cancelation clause.   9.        Therefore the claimant is put to strict proof to disclose a true executed legible agreement on which its claim relies upon and not try to mislead the court.   10.   As per CPR 1.4(2)(a) the court encourages parties to cooperate with each other in the conduct of proceedings in order to try and save time and costs for the parties and to also save the time and resources of the court however, despite vast attempts at mediation the claimants have been most unreasonable and have remained unwilling to mediate. Until such time the claimant can comply and disclose a true executed copy of the original assigned agreement they refer to within the particulars of this claim they are not entitled while the default continues, to enforce the agreement pursuant to section 78.6 (a) of the Credit Consumer Act 1974. I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.  I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth. Signed                 ………………………………………………….. Name                  XXXX Date                     30 April 2024
    • Only trying to help.  Ain't being nasty.  Some
    • Hi folks, I've just found previous documentation. I thought it had gone missing. I'd forgotten that I did appeal it through POPLA but I can't find the thread on here that, I assume, I posted for help. Appeal letter is dated 27/10/2020 with a rejection. I genuinely had forgotten about this so apologies for misleading you. A lot has happened in the years since the ticket was issued. We closed down a couple of businesses and moved to the opposite end of the country to retire. The documents I have are scanned copies. I no longer have the originals. The NTK is also in there. If there's anything you'd like to see, please let me know and I'll post them, although it probably won't be until tomorrow now, but I'll be looking in on this page tonight. Thank you for the responses so far
    • Hello! After emailing them I received this reply:   I have drafted the following, please would you be able to comment as to if you think it is correct/sufficient? "Thank you for your email.   Thanks you for confirming that the vehicle does not have these features as stated in the advertisement.    I am sure you are aware that the Consumer Rights Act 2015 provides the short term right to reject within 30 days. Statutory rights cannot be taken away from a consumer, and any attempt to do so is illegal.   Please can you advise how best to return the vehicle?" Thanks in advance!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PC World Won't Repair/Refund After 28 Days

Bill Gates
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I just took my faulty printer back to PC World today. I bought it on the 8th March, so it's not even 2 months old yet. The fault isn't down to me.

Assistant told me that they won't refund or repair it because it is out of their warranty period which is 28 days, so I need to contact manufacturer.

Is this legal?

As I understand, Under the Sale Of Goods Act, if a fault appears in the first 6 months I'm entitled to a repair or a replacement from the RETAILER, not the manufacturer.

Are they legally entitled to fob me off to the manufacturer less than 2 months after I bought it?

THANKS!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they are not allowed to fob you off. The warranty period has nothing to do with the contract that was formed between you and the retailer, it is supplied from the manufacturer. You don't have any dealings with the manufacturer; the retailer has a duty to first, offer a repair, and if the repair is not satisfactory, then either a new item or a refund. The six-month period is for burden of proof: basically, if the item goes wrong within the first six months, the onus is on the retailer to prove that it is the customer's fault. After the six month period, then things like wear and tear come into play and an investigation of the item would probably be necessary to determine what went wrong with it.

To recap, PC World are obliged to offer you a repair; failing that, a new printer or a refund. Legally obliged. Don't let their poorly trained, extended-warranty-commission staff tell you otherwise. Demand to go higher up if you get no joy. If the manager's a horse's bottom, then it's letter-writing time. Come back to us and let us know.

• Haha 1

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Thanks Demon. I thought that was the case. The Manager I demanded to speak to after the assistant was very dismissive. I asked him if he knew the Sale Of Goods Act and he said yes. :)

Asked for his name and the Head Office. Phoned them up before and the phone operator said I was correct and the Manager should have offered to repair it. She phoned the store up in order to speak to the Manager but it was near closing time and got no answer.

She said she was going to follow it up tomorrow and call me back.

PC World and the likes are notoriously terrible for things like this. I refuse to buy anything from them because I know if anything goes wrong, I will have a fight on my hands. They seem to think that one of their 2 day training courses counts more than a 3 year degree in consumer law.

Call the department back and make sure you get a reply. It will also be worth writing to this person, quoting the telephone conversation, and make it clear (in a nice way) that you expect a repair / replacement / refund, else further action will be taken.

Don't even bother trying to communicate with the shop staff - what they do know of consumer law could be written on a postage stamp.

Guest retailpointofview

OK tell me if i am wrong. the shop has to find a remedy which solves the problem within a certain time without costs to the customer and without too much inconvenience. (that paragraph was sarcasm not a question)

telling the customer to go to the manufacturer is a remedy. i dont think the pcworld guys know how to dust out a printer let alone repair anything.

manufacturers are the only fully trained people to fix it. they have the parts ready and waiting and you dont have to even leave your home. they come to you.

i think that legally covers all bases

if something went wrong for me, id call the head office to ask their procedures. for 1 its a phone call, alot cheaper then petrol. 2 by having their head offices involved from stage one is great ammo.

stores cant repair things there and then.

from experience and from asking judges in small claims,

(yes i know of 3! before you start arguing)

they all say that a customer can use the manufacturers gurantee to remedy the issue. and stores can ask the customer to use the manufacturer too as it is classed as a remedy.

they can get whomever they want involved as long as it solves the problem withing reasonable time, least inconvenient and without cost to customer.

but these are 2 things the retailer CANNOT do

1. Charge the customer for a repair where it is proved faulty and not reimburse them.

2. Don't offer an alternative repair, replacement, or refund remedy if manufacturer or their other repair options wont deal with it.

The retailer CAN ask you to pay for a repair or inspection. BUT if this is then proven as fault from purchase the retailer has to either not charge or reimburse the costs.

manufacturers gurantee's do not affect your legal rights. its a law that all manufacturers have to state this. going to the manufacturer will not affect SOGA at all.

all comments about retailers lack of responsibility are not 100% valid until after 12 months. from the many threads, each comment is that the retailer has asked you to go to the manufacturer.

to me id prefer this.

1. i wouldnot trust PCWorld staff with a printer for 5 minutes.

2. i dont want to leave it with them and pick it back up in a couple

weeks because i live 30 miles away (60 mile round trip) (120mile totla to drop of and pick up)

3. for pcworld to fix it or get their techguys involved is a waste of 48hours to book the techguys and another few days to get the part. lexmark have a next business day swap over policy.

honestly, what would you prefer??? pcworld or lexmark??

comet, currys, argos, and other retailers all use the manufacturer as a remedy.

Always seek advice from the companies head office first but do not go instore.

they are not repairmen so demanding a repair is like asking mike tyson for his mums telephone number and bra size

telling the customer to go to the manufacturer is a remedy.

yes it is a remedy; just not a lawful one. Going to the manufacturer on the customer's behalf would be lawful. In law, it is absolutely the duty of the retailer to rectify - not just tell the customer to go elsewhere.

they can get whomever they want involved as long as it solves the problem withing reasonable time, least inconvenient and without cost to customer.

Absolutely, they can get whomever they want involved

manufacturers gurantee's do not affect your legal rights. its a law that all manufacturers have to state this. going to the manufacturer will not affect SOGA at all.

But if the customer goes to the manufacturer and the unit is swapped, then the customer loses all rights under SOGA with the retailer as the item is no longer the one sold

honestly, what would you prefer??? pcworld or lexmark??

Despite the terrible service if PCWorld etc, the answer has to be anything other than Lexmark - whose products are sh*te

comet, currys, argos, and other retailers all use the manufacturer as a remedy.

As they are entitled. They are not entitled to demand that the customer does.

Well said PatDavies. The point expressed by retailpointofview is whether or not you would want a bunch of incompetents to deal with a problem, not whether they are required to or not, and that does not address the issue which is that some retailer's tend to shirk their legal responsibilities at whim.

The best way of enforcing your rights is to go to a company that respects them. PC World is not one of them.

Guest retailpointofview

i think this website is purely a money maker. people here know that retailers want follow through to the end in a law suite because of costs etc. and so they prefer to push buyers into sueing and claiming against retailers for something that does not have to get that far.

this website should advise other methods to get the product/issue sorted not claim claim claim.

the seller does offer a solution but it is the buyer who rejects that solution.. WHY

it will get it fixed within days. compared to a court case taking longer. WHY

where is your sanity people.

manufacturers dont affect your legal rights. meaning its not breaching SOGA. so why try taking retailers to court!! WHY

i think this website is purely a money maker.

Precisely on what do you base that? You think we're all really twelve people sitting behind a desk getting paid? You think this site survives on anything but voluntary donations and often the mods' own pocketbooks? Give me a break.

this website should advise other methods to get the product/issue sorted not claim claim claim.

This site does not advocate vexatious claims. I believe in fact that it says time and time again in the bank FAQs, for example, that one should only proceed to claiming once all reasonable avenues have been explored. What on Earth do you think the Small Claims court is for? In case you're not quite sure, it was designed to allow the layman, the commoner, i.e. you and I, my young friend, simple and straightforward access to the court system and legal process, and ultimately, justice.

the seller does offer a solution but it is the buyer who rejects that solution.. WHY

At no point has anyone said to immediately reject the seller's offer, full stop, no questions asked. The consumer has the right to choose to use an independent repairer if they have lost all faith in the seller's ability to remedy the problem (PC World is a case often in point). For example, if the seller had attempted to repair the item in question before, and failed. In those cases, the seller is liable for costs incurred. In all other cases, it is the seller's responsibility to arrange the remedy, to pay for it, to see that it gets done. Capiche?

it will get it fixed within days. compared to a court case taking longer. WHY

Because your legal right is being subverted? Because then retailers will have no incentive to obey consumer law? For your own backbone? Jeez.

manufacturers dont affect your legal rights. meaning its not breaching SOGA. so why try taking retailers to court!! WHY

If you go directly to the manufacturer and they replace your item, it is a new item. You have received this new item from a manufacturer. It is no longer covered by the SoGA. The retailer is obliged by law to fix it for you, or else arrange to have it fixed on your behalf. How much more simply can I put this? :rolleyes:

-----

telling the customer to go to the manufacturer is a remedy.

No, it's doing nothing, and telling them to try elsewhere for someone who gives a ****. :mad: Hardly a 'remedy'.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Guest retailpointofview

so lets say the buyer is not happy with the repair which the seller has provided and by your own words goes elsewhere. they are legally entitled to go elsewhere??

hmm but it is not legal for the seller to tell you that you can go elsewhere. or even offer you a place to go? thus skipping a stage in the benefit of the customer because it actually reduces the waiting time by geting external parties involved.

it is only illegal for the seller to offer no solution at all or to tell the buyer they have to pay even if the issue is classed as fault from purchased. offering a fast effective soltion is good customer service.

where large retailers fail is in the training to explain this

but from my understanding offering you to go to ____ to get it repaired in under 28 days or to do it inhouse taking weeks is a solution which satisfys all areas concerning reasonable time and least inconvenient.

hang on you saying the buyer can or cant legally go elsewhere? pcworld stores cant repair them instore so the only thing they can offer is one of their own external engineers and a wait of many days or weeks for the parts from the manufacturer oh wait the buyer wont be happy waiting weeks for parts. so whats the next best solution the customer goes elsewhere.

so answer me again. can the customer go elsewhere if they are not happy with a retailers inhouse repair.

if so if legally the buyer can go elsewhere then wouldnt the manufacturer be that choice, fastest, easiest, and least inconvenient.

yes legally the store can attempt to fix it taking weeks and then you get it back but aint it also great service by suggesting a way to get it fixed in days not weeks.

i mean aint the manufacturers got the most knowledge of their own product, a warehouse of spare parts etc and also it not costing the buyer a penny upfront so no need to go to court to claim back costs??

ontop of that the manufacturers have to legally state they dont affect consumers rights. doesn't this also include SOGA or does the manufacturers law say "please state that manufacturer services and warrentys dont affect consumers rights.. apart from SOGA"??

i think you find it covers all rights

would joe bloggs down the high street repair centre be covered or would it affect the buyers SOGA rights.

so i am just trying to get this straight. if the buyer can go elsewhere to get it repaired and then get costs recouped from the seller later as long as the repair is to the same standard as the original manufacturing process. then wouldnt getting the manufacturer to do it be the best solution. instead of making it unreasonable for the customer to wait for the parts and inconvenient for the customer aswell??

oh also to add as a bonus for you lot that have not worked in retail. if the manufacturer cannot repair the product they contact the seller and tell them to either accept the new product or for the customer to return the the seller for a replacement.

Oh dang by the seller accepting the replaced product keeps SOGA intact or by the customer returning to the store after the repair has failed for a replacement also keeps buyers soga rights intact.

all pcworld are offering is a fast solution. maybe they should word it like this

"our repair guys need to get hold of the parts, which should be here by nextweek, they will then repair the product and then you can come and pick it up in about 28 days is this OK?".. "if not you are legally allowed to go elsewhere, id suggest the manufacturer as they do not affect your legal rights and because we have a communications avenue with them, unlike highstreet repair guy down the road they will inform us if the item need replacing"

id suggest you need some life experience ontop of your study's of law

I think you will find that if it is under 6 months old the consumer has the right to ask for a replacement rather than a repair & it is up to the retailer to sort it out as they were the one's who sold the item, not the manufacturer who had already sold it on to the retailer.

Retailpointofview, people on here are not after claiming or suing for everything they can. They are just sick of banks and businesses treating the consumer like s**t and ripping them off for whatever they can. If they don't obey the law then with the help of this site and others like it, the consumer will find out what their rights are and stop the banks and businesses using their ignorance as a way to fill their pockets and get out of their responsibilities.

Just to update you guys...

I had phoned up PC World's customer service and told them that the Manager had refused to even look at my printer or offer a replacement - quoting the 28 days crap.

Customer Service said this was wrong and they should have looked at it. They phoned up the store and explained this to a guy called Chris. Phoned me back and told me everything was sorted and to go back to the store and see Chris.

Went into store today and asked for Chris. Told him who I was and that he should have been expecting me. Blank look from Chris. Explained to Chris that I came into the store last week blah, blah.... and that customer service had told me that he was aware that PC World needed to take a look at my printer.

Another blank look from Chris who then spouted off the "it's after 28 days so the best we can do is send off the printer to Cannon and that will take quite a while..."

"No - NO Chris! That ISN'T what Customer Service told me!"

Another blank look from Chris, with a touch of bemusement thrown in for good measure.

Decided to phone up customer service. Quoted reference number to a very nice guy called John, who quickly got up to speed with the case so far. Handed phone to Chris.

After a couple of minutes of him nodding and mumbling, he sheepishly takes printer off to backroom to have a look at it.

HURRAH! :) :) :)

Comes back after a few minutes and announces that the problem is that the printer isn't recognising the non Cannon ink cartridges. If I install Cannon's ink cartridges then all should be well.

So, I go and buy 40 quids worth of ink and ask him to check everything is ok.

Chris goes back with the ink and fumbles with printer for a few minutes.

Comes back out and announces that the problem is in fact that the yellow ink chip in the printer is faulty.

Goes over to the printer section and gives me a brand spanking new printer, including the ink.

"What about the ink that I just bought?" I ask.

"Er, um, well you can take that as well or get a refund on it".

"I'll take the refund, ta very much!"

Just proves that if you stand your ground with these guys and contact Customer Service you CAN get a result if the Law is on your side! :)

Guest retailpointofview
I think you will find that if it is under 6 months old the consumer has the right to ask for a replacement rather than a repair & it is up to the retailer to sort it out as they were the one's who sold the item, not the manufacturer who had already sold it on to the retailer.

day one of purchase until 28days from purchase(reasonable time from purchase)

buyer has three options

refund

replace-free of charge to buyer

repair-within reasonable time, least inconvenience and no cost to buyer

after the reasonable time from purchase and upto 6 years

the buyer has two options

the 6 month rule is that if it is under 6 months that its automatically classed as fault from purchase so no testing is needed, repair or replacement are both still options not just replacement

after 6 months the customer has to prove it is faulty from purchase by allowing sellers recognised representatives, ie store staff, external engineers or manufacturers to check it for human error faults. or show proof that this issue has occured before.

the seller can use whomever they want as long as they are qualified to manufacturing standards with manufacturers based parts. thus using the manufacturer is the only 100% option.

the seller can contact the manufacturer to deal with it but it is good customer service as it saves time and does not involve the buyer travelling forward and back if the customer dealt with it themselves

i think this website is purely a money maker

retailpointofview i think you are missing the point here.

This site is free to offer peeps advice on many subjects and has helped tens of thousands of peeps in getting disputes resolved i find your comments ill based on little or no knowledge of the workings of this brilliant site.

day one of purchase until 28days from purchase(reasonable time from purchase)

buyer has three options

refund

after the reasonable time from purchase and upto 6 years

the buyer has two options

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong (and did I say wrong?).

It is the seller that has these options. And the 28 days is an arbitrary number selected by PCWorld - the law simply states "reasonable time".

In the second set of options, you have missed recission of contract - but I suspect that this may be a little too complex to understand for someone who hasn't even a basic grasp of consumer law.

the 6 month rule is that if it is under 6 months that its automatically classed as fault from purchase so no testing is needed, repair or replacement are both still options not just replacement

after 6 months the customer has to prove it is faulty from purchase by allowing sellers recognised representatives, ie store staff, external engineers or manufacturers to check it for human error faults. or show proof that this issue has occured before.

Not quite right - but getting there.

The "six month rule" refers only to the burden of proof. Up to 6 months, it is for the retailer to prove that the fault is not a manufacturing fault; after 6 months it is for the consumer to prove that it is.

the seller can use whomever they want as long as they are qualified to manufacturing standards with manufacturers based parts. thus using the manufacturer is the only 100% option.

B[edited] - zero marks.

I have pointed out the error in this in the other PCworld thread and I am not going to waste time and bandwidth repeating myself

the seller can contact the manufacturer to deal with it but it is good customer service as it saves time and does not involve the buyer travelling forward and back if the customer dealt with it themselves

Again wrong. If you could stop chanting the party line and listen and understand for a moment.

It is the seller's responsibility to arrange the repair. This does not mean telling the customer to bugger off and call the manufacturer.

Besides, once the manufacturer warranty has expired, what would be the purpose of the customer calling the manufacturer?

I, and I think others, are become very tired of having to spend time correcting your nonsense in case somebody were to read one of your uncorrected rants and believe it to be true.

Please, please go away and read and understand SoGA; rather than spouting from the company's hymnal.

Just getting back to the original topic....

Well done Bill Gates for sticking to your guns. It proves how flippant some companies when it comes to consumer rights, and shows that they should not be allowed to get away with it.

It's pathetic that people have to resort to these measures to get their rights enforced. The shop should have sorted it out from the start without you having to mess around like that.

Now then, back to the argument.

Well said again PatDavies. Perhaps a disclaimer should be put up everytime someone logs in and reads retailpointofview's posts.

And, er, 95% of my entire working life has been in retail, both full time and part time, salesperson, supervisor and manager. I've never had a problem understanding SoGA...I think I know what I'm talking about :rolleyes:

-----

Some retailers are actually very good :)

Some can be very good. My nephew got a PSP for christmas and a few weeks ago it went wrong. He took it back to Game to ask for a replacement. The young guy behind the counter tried to fob him off with the 28 day b*****ks. The manager was stood behind him and let rip into him in front of everyone in the store. He apologised to my nephew and sorted it out himself.

If only every store was run like this .......