Annie v Yorkshire Bank (Looking forward to this)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do they really think people will just lie down and change their minds....it's the principle of the thing.

Yes they do. They're bullies & just can't seem to get it into their heads that their cash cows can fight back.

You shouldn't hear a thing from collections now & if they stick to their current form the 1st response to your request for refund will be an offer to write off what you owe them as "full and final settlement".

Keep at it :D

TC

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

• 4 weeks later...

Calam - you need to write to customer services (Niel McKirdy) & tell him about collections not ceasing their activities despite it being a clear breach of the banking code. Write it as a complaint, completely seperate from you charges claim.

Write another latter to collections, send it recorded delivery & make sure you get the following 3 points in there somewhere:

1. "The funds in question are in dispute, I demand you adhere to the banking code & cease all action regarding the collection of these funds immediately. Should it be proved I do indeed owe this money I will then pay off the amount but will not offer you one penny more before a ruling is reached".

2. Tell them that any queries they have regarding this money be directed to their head office or customer services department as it is they you are corresponding & dealing with regarding this matter. As a result of this you expect to hear nothing further from them unless your court case goes against you.

3. Tell them that their letters attempting to collect the money are casuing you "significant alarm, harassment & distress" (you may need to refer back to this later on in the game).

YB collections are like trained animals, they won't/can't make any descisions about accounts themselves, you won't get anywhere with them, you need to get customer services to call them off unless you have a court reference number you can quote at them & this gags them immediately.

• Confused 1

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full