Jump to content

calam70

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    28
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About calam70

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Thanks for offer of support but my case is one thirty PM!! Sheffield time!! Ann
  2. Back in August i had an oofer of 50 % of the charges only. No thankyou!
  3. Also have date in court too....five days ahead of you!!! Started my claim on June 1st so just six months to get to this stage!!! Wrote to them today offering to pay their actual costs subject to a full disclosure.....will keep you posted!
  4. what happened here.....??? has anybody got a standard disclosure from YB when you have offered to pay the actual charges on your account yet?? I have a court date of Feb 7th , which I have had since beginning of Nov. i have had no contact at all from YB. I have written to them today, offering to reduce the claim against them by the ACTUAL amount of the costs....subject to the bank providing a full disclosure of their charges. I have stated that this is my own personal effort to settle before court. YB have attempted to settle by increasing the number of collection agencies sending m
  5. i was also little surprised at having been given a date. I know others have had quite a wait for one. I will object to a further stay. I intend to write and mail on Monday offering to pay actual costs and requesting a disclosure. As you advised , i will then be seen to have made an effort. If they do not respond and request a stay , continuing to make no contact with me, then I really don't think this looks good for them. I didn't expect to get a date until the second stay had elapsed, maybe it can be down to where you are and the judge! I remember seeing that you were ahead o
  6. Ok thanks for the advice.Will do. Deadline for AQ's was 22nd Oct and as I said they sent theirs in at the last minute. I had papers through from the court today allocating the case to the small claims track and giving me the date of Feb 7 for the hearing. Can YB apply to this extend this when the first stay is up mid November? I will send off my letter to them offering to pay actual costs and requiring disclosure as advised etc before the stay is up. I would have thought more cases would be coming up with dates before the judge soon.....hopefully there will be a few more
  7. I stated in my AQ that I was more than happy to pay the actual costs of the charges and requested a full disclosure from the bank. I must have missed something as I hadn't seen anyone else on other threads approach the bank during the stay with an offer of settlement in this way. Should I now be doing this?? I thought that as the bank have seen my AQ they would respond to this if they wanted to. Is it up to me to contact the bank and state what I am claiming for?? Sorry, I am more than a little confused now as previous letters I have used from the forums template library do not sta
  8. As was predicted YB returned their AQ with a request for a one month stay that was granted by the court.As far as I'm aware ,YB will always request a stay at this stage.I'm unsure whether others have found that they have made them an offer at this stage or whether they allow the stay to elapse without any attempts to sort at all. It can't look good for them if they make no effort at all. On another note, I noticed on a copy of their paperwork to the court, that they had filled in their copy of the AQ as Yorkshire Water!!! No doubt the firm of solicitors act for both of them. The covering
  9. Submitted Allocation Questionnaire today. Now just waiting for YB to request a stay. They actually stated in their defence that they hadn't got my account number and therefore couldn't confirm my charges!!!! My account number has been sitting on top of all my recent correspondence to them and so I made sure that I stated that in my Allocation Questionnaire . Won't be booking that holiday just yet?? Good luck to all !!
  10. What a suprise!!! YB filed a defence against me today on the last day they could. I know from reading other threads that they do to this everyone. I take it that I wait for the Allocation Questionnaire to hit down and send that off. Why don't they just settle without all the fuss and extra charges and costs?? Cos it's YB. Ace.What a rotten banking choice. I'll keep you posted.
  11. Thanks muchly...very helpful response. MCOL filed 4/9 and acknowledged with intent to defend 6/9. Will keep posted. Am expecting them to take the full 28 days and then more stalling. Again thanks....feeling much calmer Annie
  12. i copied this last post from my old thread as nobody replied......i know people are mega busy but a little advice would be welcome Re: Annie v Yorkshire Bank HELP PLEASE!!!! Yorkshire Bank closed my account last year and I have been making monthly payments since then to clear the balance. When I started my action against them in June , I wrote to inform that I was suspending payments as the balance was the subject of legal dispute.I was still getting threatening letters from Jeremy Sutcliffe, their inhouse collections agency.They ignored all my letters and kept sending new threats
  13. Yorkshire Bank closed my account last year and I have been making monthly payments since then to clear the balance. When I started my action against them in June , I wrote to inform that I was suspending payments as the balance was the subject of legal dispute.I was still getting threatening letters from Jeremy Sutcliffe, their inhouse collections agency.They ignored all my letters and kept sending new threats saying I had ignored all their communications.I had replied to them many times and had proof of reply. One of the MODs came to my rescue (Trunny I think) and told me to write to Nei
  14. Intent to defend received today and no surprises for guessing that its that ever-so-busy lady Kirstie Ann Ross at the helm for Yb !!
  15. Pre letter sent 24/8/6...then received crappy phone call from their collection agency saying there ere going to take immediate action for recovery of amount outstanding on my account and would be issuing court papers a.s.a.p. Wrote stating that this controvened banking code as I had told them before that the amount was contested and subject to a legal dispute. LBA due out FRi 8/7/6
×
×
  • Create New...