• Tweets

• Hello, welcome to CAG. We can certainly help you to decide what's best to do, please bear with us until the experts are able to get here. Best, HB
    • Hope you got your case adjourned. If you need pro-bono lawyer help - law works helps nationally.  I believe there are legal clinics in your city university.  Check out law works and your university.
    • Hi, I've got myself in a muddle and run up a lot of debt. 100% my own fault. After my rent and bills went up I refinanced my credit cards the used them to live off and refinanced again. Then did this a couple more times. I've reached a stage where I've run out of options, which may be a good thing in the long run. I have read a lot of the great threads on here and they are very informative thanskcompleted an income and expenditure form and was really shocked at what I have done. I am planning to pay all my debts back but I am currently just getting further and further in debt. I am working on my SOA and saving a fund up. I will provide all the relevant information here but I also need to try and get a quick answer to a question please. 1) Lendable (personal loan - I am onlya few days in arrears)   have emailed me to say they will be sending a representative to my home. Is there anyway I can stop this? (I realise they have no power but I wondered if there is a way to stop home visits before they start?) My rough situation Unsecured Debt totals      £41000     5 Loans and 10 Credit cards       £1450 Repayments per month - Income around    £1950 per month *All payments stopped and I was planning to wait for them to defult and then start doing my own DMP. Many thanks *I'm also worried about my MyCommunity Finance loan as they seem to go straight to a Letter before claim as soon as a default is reached. (Or at least they did on the thread I followed)                
    • The UN leader's call comes as new data highlights the worrying pace of global warming.View the full article
    • Have just spent 40 minutes waiting for HM courts to answer the phone to be told I don't have authority to speak to them and he has to email them to give this authority which will take 2 weeks to process!!!   Should I just send an N180 to them? And what about a N244?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Citicards tactics adjustment?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GC nice to hear from you.I willing you in a particularly way to succeed in your pound for pound flesh with Citi.

I know with such backing from not only these threads but others experience, you will win.

I await.....

Thanks Ice

I hope we all win our cash back from the SHARKS, you know we work hard to earn it and raise our familys, I used to think at one time that I was the only person to be penalised by the banks and credit card companies (and felt a bit ashamed to be honest)but since joining CAG there are a lot of us out there, I believe the drive in us all is the way these financial institutions make you feel when they STEAL our money, its a nice feeling when you get it back (with interest of course) good luck you and every one claiming back charges, its a bit adictive this site my hubby thinks im in a chat room, well it is a bit like that, had a good laugh at some of the postings... we'll have to have a on line party when we win eh... ha ha:smile: .GC

Hi all,

Received this morning this post from the courts? Defendant: CITIFINANCIAL EUROPE PLC (CitiCards)

IN the NORTHAMPTON (CCBC) County Court

TO the Claimant

TAKE NOTICE that the WARRANT in this action has not been executed for the following reasons:-

The bailiff visited the address which you provided but it is only the registered office of the company and there are no saleable goods there. In the circumstances the bailiff cannot do more unless you are able to provide further information to re-issue the warrant ( for example, trading address or another business outlet).

You may have to pay a fee to re-issue the warrant.

The warrant has been returned to the court which issued it

PLEASE NOTE : This notice is a final return. You are therefore no longer required to notify the Court of any payments you receive.

Return Date 06-JUNE-2007

READING COUNT COURT

N.317 - Return on a warrant of EXECUTION

Please could someone explain? and further more where do I stand on this. I find this action nonsensical. THe courts conduct is meaningless.

If the bailiffs went to the registered office address in Reading, then it's no surprise that they came away empty-handed.

A registered office is frequently just that, the address given when the business is originally incorporated and registered. It is often the address of the company solicitors or accountants/auditors. Quite different from the head office, from where the business is actually run. In citi's case the head office is Salford.

I would always recommend that all correspondence and court documents are addressed to Salford. Using the Reading address will give Citi the excuse that they knew nothing of the claim/correspondence/warrant. This applies to any bank/credit card co, where the address of the registered office differs from the head office.

Icepop, you will have to re-issue the warrant using the Salford address.

Els

Bet they had a couple of computers they could have seized, you know the ones holding all the claimants information, that way they could have a genuine reason for ALWAYS BEING LATE when submitting paperwork...GC

Hi all

I am hoping this can be resolved?

Before I re-issue the warrant, I do need a MOD to re-examine this hypocritical issue.

a) CitiCards has not responded to any of the courts issues.

b) Letter sent by Citicards to infom me that althought still not addressing the courts issues that a payment has been sent to 1st Credit to pay my (late payment fees), this I doult as I express payment to me only.

What do I next?

No dault READING has informed SALFORD about the Warrant!

I do need an input on this.

Hi all

I am hoping this can be resolved?

Before I re-issue the warrant, I do need a MOD to re-examine this hypocritical issue.

a) CitiCards has not responded to any of the courts issues.

b) Letter sent by Citicards to infom me that althought still not addressing the courts issues that a payment has been sent to 1st Credit to pay my (late payment fees), this I doult as I express payment to me only.

What do I next?

No dault READING has informed SALFORD about the Warrant!

I do need an input on this.

Can you give me a quick chronology of dates and amounts?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi Gizmo

All -:

Dated 05/03/2007 LBA

Dated 10/04/2007 MCOL

L/P/Fees £111.00 Interest@8%=£6.66 plus£0.02 Daily rate.Plus £30.00 Court Fees.

Defendant has until the 30th April 2007 to reply. NO REPLY OR RESPONSE TO COURT ORDERS.

Dated 24/05/2007

Cheque issued to DCA(1st Credit) £147.66 but sent to me. I still have the chq.

Dated 02/05/2007

Notice of Judgement Entered. No reply or response.

Dated 10/05/2007

Request for Warrant of Execution.

Fee paid £55.00 (outstanding £202.66)

Sent Reading Office and returned to Northampton(06/06/2007)

Dated 12/06/2007

Request for Reissue of Warrant. Sent to Salford.

Sent today. Fee £25.00 (now outstanding £227.66)

Gizmo, do you need any more information?

Presumably you asked Citi for a copy of your agreement, Icepop, so it's interesting that they have sent you a copy of your application. That suggests that they haven't got an agreement, either because they have transferred it to 1st Credit, or because they never had one!

A CCA request to 1st Credit should answer the question.

Els

Hi Gizmo

All -:

Dated 05/03/2007 LBA

Dated 10/04/2007 MCOL

L/P/Fees £111.00 Interest@8%=£6.66 plus£0.02 Daily rate.Plus £30.00 Court Fees.

Defendant has until the 30th April 2007 to reply. NO REPLY OR RESPONSE TO COURT ORDERS.

Dated 24/05/2007

Cheque issued to DCA(1st Credit) £147.66 but sent to me. I still have the chq.

Dated 02/05/2007

Notice of Judgement Entered. No reply or response.

Dated 10/05/2007

Request for Warrant of Execution.

Fee paid £55.00 (outstanding £202.66)

Sent Reading Office and returned to Northampton(06/06/2007)

Dated 12/06/2007

Request for Reissue of Warrant. Sent to Salford.

Sent today. Fee £25.00 (now outstanding £227.66)

Gizmo, do you need any more information?

No more info needed - get that baliff into Salford - they always wanted it transferrred up there anyway;)

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Presumably you asked Citi for a copy of your agreement, Icepop, so it's interesting that they have sent you a copy of your application. That suggests that they haven't got an agreement, either because they have transferred it to 1st Credit, or because they never had one!

A CCA request to 1st Credit should answer the question.

Els

A copy was enclosed with the reply letter.

My original request (CCA) was to 1st Credit dated 10/04/2007, to which they refered it back to Citi to only provide 'the application'.

Do you think its worth again to request from 1st Credit?

Hi All

It seems that First Direct has yet again passed my Credit/Card debt to a newcomer (DCA) METROPOLITAN COLLECTION SERVICES LTD-Edgbaston,Birmingham.

Since I CCA both First/Direct & Intrim Justitia (who now out of the running), the CCA defaulted big time and also early August case coming up.

How do I deal with the new DCA.

Can and has anyone have a solution.

Hi All

At least I can report some good news. Just one of many, MBNA want to settle a ongoing settlement.

Offered £40.00 and now £71.00 together = £111.00

Thats about Citi total. What is there problem? It now stands at £227.66 plus.

Hi Ice

your battle with citi is never ending, all this for a couple of hunderd pounds.. hang on in there you will win in the end...I got a court date for 8th August, no allocation guestionnairs, the Judge took notice of the Directions from gizmo and they apply...ha ha;)

Hi All

Citi does astound me. Today I received through 1st Credit's solicitors (LCS) confirming that they now requested copy of the agreement (CCA)but, it will be necessary for them to obtain these from Citi/Cards who are the original creditors.

Citi sent me a Agreement early June, but only a copy of the application?

It seems they don't talk to another.

MCOL retured my request for reissue of warrant also today, asking to provide a reason for warrant re-issue?

To confirm the re-issue I again said it was sent to the wrong address.

Assuredly?

Hi Gc

Good news. One step further.

Just out of curiosity, the (Directions) from Gizmo are they the ones posted on the templates or do they differ?

Can't remember which ones I gave GC to request - some include DCA disclosure as well, and there was one from the MCourt and one was a mixture - depends on what was best for t he case in question.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all

No news as yet with Citi. Still waiting on the warrant issued against them.

But, regarding F/Direct they solicitors (DG) want to settle. I received today a total settlement letter regarding C/Card Fee charges. The usual. Quote " For those commercail reasons alone and without any admission of liability whatsoever, HSBC is prepared to make an ex gratia payment to you in the sum of £106.20 which is inclusive of statutory interest to date and Court fee".

Before I accept can anyone advise me if I can do them for waisting mine and courts time? As I need to cancel the prem hearing due 2/8/07.

So to the next stage, dealing with they DCA......

Hey Ice

did you accept yet, and are you going for the wasted costs, ive heard nothing from citi yet and they havent put their papers into court yet, i was looking around the site the other day and found some template nudge letters to send to citi and to the court so will be doing that next week just before the deadline...GC

ps glad i made you laugh.. but they realy are headbusters

Hi Gc

I have accepted but told not to pursue the wasted costs bits. It is deemed that they have settled in full and also the amount in question is negligible. The jugde could dismiss this because its discretionary( maybe on my part).