Letter from Abbey following claim

laxdale
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I just received a letter from Abbey that states the following:-

"Yourself v Abbey National PLC - Claim No XXXXXXXX

We are in the process of reviewing this claim and preparing our response. A defence will be filed in due course.

In the meantime, we note that you have claimed the sum of £1,662.81 in respect of charges that you say have been made on your Abbey account. We appreciate that you may have previously forwarded details of your claim to our internal Complaints department, however, we do not have access to that information. To expedite the processing of your claim could you therefore please provide to us:

i) your account number

ii) details of how you have calculated your claim by date and amount of each charge claimed; and

iii) details of how the interest is calculated, showing how interest is calculated by reference to each charge

As you will appreciate, you will need to produce evidence to the Court regarding these amounts, and this information should have been appended to your claim form when you filed your claim. We should be grateful if you would provide such details to us as soon as possible.

It would also be helpful at this stage if you can provide email and telephone contact details to us.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

Abbey National plc"

Obviously I have few questions???

Has anyone else received a letter like this and did you provide them with the information they requested?

I didnt append details of the charges with my claim because I did it online, should I send these details to the court as well? I didnt when I won my money back from Nationwide. I think I only sent details with the allocation questionnaire but not sure.

Also, it really annoyed me that they have asked for all this information including email address and telephone number but they couldnt even bring themselves to sign their letter with a contact name.

As they say they are filing a defence will I then have to pay a further £100 to the courts to counter their defence? And how do I go about getting this included with my total claim?

Sorry for all the questions, I tried searching on the forum but am running out of time as I've been sitting on this letter since the 5th April. Oops.

Finally, it appears to me that Abbey are making it tougher for people to get these charges back than perhaps a few months ago. Is this right? Can I expect to go to court and do all the "bundling" I've half-read about and obviously dread the thought of !

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million,

Jonathan B

hi

This is the standard letter that abbey are sending out. I also had this weeks ago but nothing has come of it I have still had no contact other than court orders

I am now at the directions order stage please take a look at my thread and see if you can get any help from that.

Foxy

Having read some more posts on here, I received today what appears to be some good news, ie that the AQ questionnaire stage has been dispensed with and my claim has been transferred to Clerkenwell & Shoreditch court. However, unlike some of the posts I've read, there is no mention of a court date. Not really sure what I should be doing next. Copy of the text follows:-

Without hearing

IT IS ORDERED THAT:-

1) The filing of an allocation questionnaire be dispensed with in this case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise **

Note: Any party affected by this Order may under Rule 3.3(5) apply to have it set aside, varied or stayed. Such a party must apply under rule 23.3 within 14 days of service of this order.

** Please note that an allocation fee may apply in this instance. Please contact the court of transfer for further details.

Date order drawn: 28.04.07

So.... should I read up on AQ's? Can I expect to have to prepare a court bundle? What happens next? EEK!

Any info, as ever, greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Jonathan B

Oops. Forgot to mention that when I filed my claim online I didnt realise I had to send a breakdown of charges so have only just sent these last week to Northampton County court. Will they automatically forward these on? I also had a letter from Abbey asking for similar along with email address and phone numbers etc, but never got round to sending them these as I thought it odd considering I had written to them before and that I had got details of the charges from them in the first place. Is this bad judgement on my part. Worried that the court will think I haven't done everything I could to resolve this, ie give Abbey the info they asked for, even if it was after my claim was filed?

I've already one 90% from Nationwide but still waiting to hear about the last 10%... it's the principle innit? ;-)

All advice received with thanks...

Jonathan B