Response from MBNA for SAR

Moth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, after sending off an SAR, by recorded delivery with a £10 postal order to MBNA for a statement request. I received a reply just after the 40 day limit. This was their reply:

Thank you for contacting us. Your subject access request has been passsed to me to respond to. Under section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 as per your request for statement information, please find this information enclosed.

We have provided this information to you free of charge on this occasion.

All I have received is a printed list of fees, (date, type and amount).

Why have they said it's free of charge? Where's my tenner!!? Is this a normal statement list MBNA do?

Any advice would be most appreciated:confused:

I am just about at this stage with MBNA and it sounds like they haven't charged you because they have fallen short of what you asked them to do. I would write back to them and insist on a list of all transactions, remind them they are in breach of the DPA and if they are supplying the information free of charge to return your postal order. If you don't receive it back, just add it to your claim.

Capitalism is the legitimate racket

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

:confused: Hi Main Man, thank you for your advice. I've decided to go straight to the prelim letter, tweeking it a bit to include the above. no point in giving them more time! Sending it off tomorrow, will let you know what happens. Should I send this to their main head office or to the address which was on their reply, which is; Insurance Services Department, MBNA EBL, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9YR. What are the insurance services dept. doing with this, and why?!! Thanks Moth

Have sent most of my letters regarding credit card to,

MBNA Customer Satisfaction

Chester Business Park

Wrexham Road

Chester

CH4 9WW

I would CCA them at the same time and get all the ammunition you can get! As for the Insurance Dept they are probably just spreading their massive workload :D

Capitalism is the legitimate racket

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

:confused: Hi Main Man, thank you for your advice. I've decided to go straight to the prelim letter, tweeking it a bit to include the above. no point in giving them more time! Sending it off tomorrow, will let you know what happens. Should I send this to their main head office or to the address which was on their reply, which is; Insurance Services Department, MBNA EBL, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9YR. What are the insurance services dept. doing with this, and why?!! Thanks Moth

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!

Is that clear enough?? LOL! No, absolutely not. You are obviously not aware of MBNA's bloody pain in the butt way of dealing with an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). They will have missed off loads of info. This is what you do :

Write back.

Confirm payment (as they have not returned it).

Why have they not complied with your SAR when you plainly asked for an SAR.

Enclose ID - v. important - anything like driver's licenc or utility bill.

Do not go to LBA before you have seen what is in your SAR because they make it up as they go along.

Believe me and all other MBNA'ers when I say I know I am right and sorry for sounding stroppy, am not, have had a few Pinot's and the more I see this sort of crap from them, the more cross I get:mad:

Good luck, keep us posted and we'll all help if you get unstuck!

Regards,

Corn x:)

• Haha 1

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!

Is that clear enough?? LOL! No, absolutely not. You are obviously not aware of MBNA's bloody pain in the butt way of dealing with an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). They will have missed off loads of info. This is what you do :

Write back.

Why have they not complied with your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) when you plainly asked for an SAR.

Do not go to LBA before you have seen what is in your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) because they make it up as they go along.

Believe me and all other MBNA'ers when I say I know I am right and sorry for sounding stroppy, am not, have had a few Pinot's and the more I see this sort of crap from them, the more cross I get:evil:

Regards,

Corn x:-)

Could not agree more...Well said

• 1 year later...

Hi Cornucopia,

Sounds like you are an expert with MBNA. I need some help please. I sent MBNA a CCA request. They replied with a dodgy copy of an application with a signature on. RMA tried their very best to phone me 1000's of times but I refused to speak to them/virgin/MBNA. I sent them a SAR request with £10 postal order, two proofs of ID etc. No response within 30 days. Sent them a reminder. No response now after 40 days. I am not sure as to what I should do next?

Thank you very much in advance!

Mo

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!

Write back.

Why have they not complied with your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) when you plainly asked for an SAR.

Do not go to LBA before you have seen what is in your SAR because they make it up as they go along.

Believe me and all other MBNA'ers when I say I know I am right and sorry for sounding stroppy, am not, have had a few Pinot's and the more I see this sort of crap from them, the more cross I get:mad:

Regards,

Corn x:)

• 5 months later...
what happens to the debt if they dont respond to the SAR within 40 days?

I've replied to your other post on this thread. Here

To avoid any confusion, you should start a thread of you own in the appropriate forum.

enamae

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm