I'm scared to reclaim

roseyredder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner exceeded his £100 overdraft and since then the bank has up to now charged him between £30 to £60 in overdraft excess fees.

he now owes the bank £356.99 now all for a £100 OD because he went over by a few pounds. he has come to an arrangement with the bank to pay back £5 a week as hes only on income support due to ill health and this is all he can afford to pay

Even when he had this arrangement in place they were charging him around £60 in these fees but got no help at all and had to keep pushing

I find this very unfair for him to have to pay all this back as we can't hardly afford it and its going to take ages to pay off, we would like to try and get this money refunded but since he receives benefits i don't think we could afford any court costs on top

Does anyone know of any solicitor that could help with this sort of thing thanks

My partner exceeded his £100 overdraft and since then the bank has up to now charged him between £30 to £60 in overdraft excess fees.

he now owes the bank £356.99 now all for a £100 OD because he went over by a few pounds. he has come to an arrangement with the bank to pay back £5 a week as hes only on income support due to ill health and this is all he can afford to pay

Even when he had this arrangement in place they were charging him around £60 in these fees but got no help at all and had to keep pushing

I find this very unfair for him to have to pay all this back as we can't hardly afford it and its going to take ages to pay off, we would like to try and get this money refunded but since he receives benefits i don't think we could afford any court costs on top

Does anyone know of any solicitor that could help with this sort of thing thanks

if your hubby is in receipt of income support you should have legal aid, go to google and look for a legal aid solicitor in your area there are some who only deal with debt problems.

Good luck

You do not need a solicitor - if you follow all the steps on here - and stick to your timelines - you can quite easily do it all yourselve. You will get all the support you need on here-any questions just ask. In the meantime have a good look around the site and read as much as you can. It will then dawn on you what a straightforward process this is.

nicsussex is right you do not need a solicitor. Even if your partner is entitled to legal funding then this funding is not "free" therefore if, as a result of any action taken by the solicitor under the legal funding scheme, you benefit financially i.e you are refunded your costs by the bank then the Legal Services Commission will recoup their costs from this money so you may be left with little or no benefit for taking action.

If your partner is in receipt of income support then when he issues his court claim he will be entitled to fee exemption (he will need to fill in a fee exemption form when he issues his claim)

Start by reading the FAQ in detail the proceedure is straight forward as long as you read and stick to you timetable. If you hit difficulties then post in your thread and there will always be someone along to help and offer advice. Your not alone we have all been through those first steps claim the money back its yours

Good luck

Lady Hx

Mrs H

Could i just ask a question please

If your still over the overdraft limit and are having to pay so much a week into the account as arranged. would we still be able to claim these overdraft excess fees back or do you have to have a clear bank account in order to do so

would we still be able to claim these overdraft excess fees back or do you have to have a clear bank account in order to do so

Of course you can still claim them back - it is presumably these charges that have at least contributed to your account being OD. Just continue as advised.