Killercop v MBNA (VIRGIN)

killercop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today is the day I decided to reclaim all my charges that have been applied to all my credit account's that I have had in the last six years. This thread will be regarding how my process goes with Virgin Credit Card AKA MBNA.

Day 1

Phone Virgin and spoke to a helpful chap called Scott. I asked what the address was for the Data protection form act to be sent to.

He provided me with :

Bank Compliance Managers

MBNA EUROPE BANK LIMITED

PO BOX 1004

CHESTER BUSINESS PARK

WREXHAM ROAD

CHESTER

CH49WW

I have filled out the standard type letter found on this site and will be posting it off tomorrow (18/04/07) via recorded delivery.

The process begins

• 1 month later...

Day 36

Received statements through the post today. Standard letter blah blah you agreed to the charges so that means we can rip you off.

They have offered a "goodwill gesture" of £230 but the charges are £412.

Do I now write a letter saying thanks I'll take the £230 but I still want the remaining £182 ? :confused:

Hi

Below is a copy of the letters I sent to MBNA recently:

I am writing in response to your letter of 28th March regarding default charges that have been applied to my account, and the subsequent cheque for £210 which arrived last week. After the letter of 28th march I tried to contact your department twice with no success, to explain that I was not happy with the payment of £210 as settlement.

I have not presented the cheque as yet, as I did requested the full amount of £599.95.

I will however accept the cheque as part payment should I receive a further cheque of £389.95 to cover the complete claim.

A second letter was necessary:

I recently wrote to you on 10th April in which I requested the full payment of £599.95.

Calling you department today, I was told that I had been put in a pile, and would be dealt with in another 28 days time. This is completely unacceptable.

If I do not receive an immediate response to this matter, then I will start court proceedings with no hesitation, which will mean you will then owe me the increased amount of another £120, (total of £719.95) covering the cost of the claim in court.

I got a letter back yesterday, saying they are sending me the full amount, so it must have worked!

Good luck with yours...

;)

Andy

-------------------------------------------------------------------

:cool:

In the words of QUINCY JONES:

" It's not about your acheivements in life, it's all about the journey getting there...."

I got my Peices of Eight !;)

Even though MBNA offered me £230 without me even asking for money (I had only sent a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) )

How does this letter look to send them I have spliced several other letters together and think this may do the job? But bear in mind I havent even approached them for repayment yet.

Dear RachelClaridge

Thank you for your letter dated 18/05/07

I respectfully decline your offer of Full and Final settlement and request that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £387,In addition and as shown on the enclosed schedule of charges, I require that you pay me contractual interest on this amount at a rate of 22.05% (APR rate), this rate is based on an average of the monthly interest rates that you have charged under the terms of the above mentioned account, totalling £175.79. The total amount of my claim is therefore £562.79 combining the amount of charges and interest.

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

If you do not accept my own conditions for acceptance, or you do not respond within 14 day I will start legal proceedings. For the avoidance of doubt, I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer under the terms stated in your letter.

yeah, go for it....

BTW, I received my full settlement cheque this morning !! they had said i would have to wait 10 days.

they seem very eager to pay me now !

I only worry that if you make too much of a point of the interest that they may question paying it, as (correct me if i'm wrong) but if it does go to court, they only have to pay statutory interest of 8%.

However, I do beleive that in my claim,. they didn't even check the amounts, they just paid it, so don't worry too much, I'm sure they're not worrying,

in my opinion, I think they're just being told by the big cheeses to pay off all the small claims without questioning now....

good luck

:-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

:cool:

In the words of QUINCY JONES:

" It's not about your acheivements in life, it's all about the journey getting there...."

I got my Peices of Eight !;)