Nationwide V Ian

mescalero
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hya Ian,

Im around 14 days into my court time of 28 days for them to file a defence,thats what they will do, be warned though I did set up another account BUT I didnt reckon onthe Nationwide taking my overdraft away at this stage and asking for it all back within 7 days or they would charge me a daily rate of henious interest. I dont know if they can do this but think that as the account went around 10p over its limit they have the right to cancel the whole overdraft. I think that if you overstep the mark at all on the account they come down on you like a ton of bricks. I was very worried at this stage as I have four accounts with them and claiming on all of them, but went to the HALIFAX today and set up a new account with them where they match your current overdraft therefore can pay back Nationwide and just pray that I dont loose.

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

If you follow faithfully, the well tried and tested route that we recommend, you WILL win.

Spend a few days reading the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section. That will answer most of your initial questions.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

skeggs

All overdrafts are repayable on demand, so its a high-risk strategy to always run high with one. Because there's no formal agreement, they don't need an excuse like you going over limit, they can do it for anything at any time.

Unlike closing an account because you are claiming (punitive action against an agreement), I don't think you have any right to claim unfairness with an OD as its a very 'informal' agreement.

It will be interesting to see if this becomes a common strategy to try to deter people from claiming. My court claim is about to go in. My account doesn't go over, although I run a high OD level, and I pay in a big salary every month. Watch this space:D

Varangian Guard

• Haha 1

skeggs

All overdrafts are repayable on demand, so its a high-risk strategy to always run high with one. Because there's no formal agreement, they don't need an excuse like you going over limit, they can do it for anything at any time.

Unlike closing an account because you are claiming (punitive action against an agreement), I don't think you have any right to claim unfairness with an OD as its a very 'informal' agreement.

It will be interesting to see if this becomes a common strategy to try to deter people from claiming. My court claim is about to go in. My account doesn't go over, although I run a high OD level, and I pay in a big salary every month. Watch this space:D

Varangian Guard

I thought I was being really clever by opening a new account with Halifax who would match the Nationwides overdraft but Im beginning to think by information that Im reading that the Halifax only offer to match the overdraft for enough time for you to go over to them, they then make you cancel your existing account. If I close my Nationwide account whilst in dispute over the money wont this mean I wont get it back as they wont pay it into my account?

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

I'm claiming againts several closed accounts. This just means that they send a cheque rather than paying straight into an account of theirs.

The problem with closing the account prematurely is that you need to clear the OD first. Always better to try to kep the account if you can, and no problem having several, although they all like to be your only bank (and always have).

At the end of the day all the banks are as bad as one another, so don't trust any of them. The Ethical Bank (Coop) and the building societies (like Nationwide) are just as bad. They're all drunk with greed at the success they've enjoyed for so long conning money out of struggling people through their unlawful charging. Now their time has come. :D :D :D

Don't have any scruples when dealing with any of them;)

Varangian

I'm claiming againts several closed accounts. This just means that they send a cheque rather than paying straight into an account of theirs.

The problem with closing the account prematurely is that you need to clear the OD first. Always better to try to kep the account if you can, and no problem having several, although they all like to be your only bank (and always have).

At the end of the day all the banks are as bad as one another, so don't trust any of them. The Ethical Bank (Coop) and the building societies (like Nationwide) are just as bad. They're all drunk with greed at the success they've enjoyed for so long conning money out of struggling people through their unlawful charging. Now their time has come. :D :D :D

Don't have any scruples when dealing with any of them;)

Varangian

Ha ha and I was so trusting that they were doing the best for me.... thanks v much, oh ok, game on with Halifax account being opened as hibrid account, though, (not overly impressed with the service of Halifax, would have been much easier to stay with Nationwide expecially as they are privatising shortly after all the years I have had the account and now wont get anything) thanks for your advise

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

I dont suppose it is in their interest to demand the overdraft back until after they have paid out because they would hope that the payout would clear it. I have heard that they pay out and immediatly tell you that it is withdrawn.

Nationwide seem to have generally stopped closing accounts last month. Instead they send a letter after payout saying you can keep the account as long as you are a good boy/girl and stick to the terms and conditions. I think they realised that they couldn't defend this against all the complaints, but also they were losing customers for nothing.

I've not picked up that they are withdrawing ODs, as that would obviously be likely to drive people away who might otherwise stay with them. However, they (like all the banks) are capable of anything, regardless of how stupid or counter-productive that can be.

The important thing is to be sure that the claim will exceed the OD or they will have you trapped if you still need it. I'm working on the assumption that after payout I will be OK to manage without using it again until I see what happens long term.

Let's see what happens ;)

Varangian

Are Nationwide privatising?

I hadn't picked this one up

I read last week that they are merging with Portman and there would be payouts, Iv kept this accounts for years in the vain hope I may one day get some shares, If I close my account or they close it for me then I will loose this possibility. More to the point I have to pace myself before I take action on the other two accounts as Iv got two claims on the go at the moment and will start getting in a right mess if I do them all at the same time.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

I dont suppose it is in their interest to demand the overdraft back until after they have paid out because they would hope that the payout would clear it. I have heard that they pay out and immediatly tell you that it is withdrawn.

Houndy its definately in their interests to demand the overdraft money back as they will charge me a humungus amount of daily interest if they dont get it!they can get back at me that way for having the audasity of taking them to court, and Iv got to find 4k to give em back.The od amount was the amount I was claiming back

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

I read last week that they are merging with Portman and there would be payouts, Iv kept this accounts for years in the vain hope I may one day get some shares, If I close my account or they close it for me then I will loose this possibility. More to the point I have to pace myself before I take action on the other two accounts as Iv got two claims on the go at the moment and will start getting in a right mess if I do them all at the same time.

hi.

I heard a show on bbc radio earlier this week discussing the said merger,

but unfortunatly for us the only the portman customers will be getting the windfull and it will only be around £200. They did`nt give a reason for the nw customers not getting any cash ??

ahh that makes me feel marginally better at leaving Nationwide after all these years

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

For the life of me I cannot work out how to start a new thread! have been able to reply or pm but just cant seem to start a thread can someone walk me through it pse, need the support of this site to get through the two court cases and gain some experience skeggsy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Folks

Here is some info on the merger

About Nationwide - Latest News

fom Nationwhine's own website.:eek:

It appears that Portman BS (anyone ever heard of them before?) are effectively being taken over, so their people (ie probably the savers) will get a small payout. Nationwhine members don't becuase its not them being taken over. Does that make sense? I wasn't sure either.:???:

There is a gushing commitment to mutuality, so there seems to be no prospect of privatisation here.:grin:

Varangian Guard

G8 Iv hung onto accounts for over ten years because I believed one day they would privatise and I would get a payout, now they are getting rid of me because Iv had the nerve to taken them on, scared witless though!

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

• 2 weeks later...

hi skeggs you are much further on than me i still waitin for statements after 22days but they still aint cashed my cheque,i wonder if i messed up as i sent request recorded delivery to my branch which they signed for,what do you think should i ring em?

hi skeggs you are much further on than me i still waitin for statements after 22days but they still aint cashed my cheque,i wonder if i messed up as i sent request recorded delivery to my branch which they signed for,what do you think should i ring em?

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hi mescalero!

Chill...They have 40 days to supply your Data!...:cool::)

Why U didn't send your request direct to the Data Protection Team @ Northampton only U know?!

Don't worry, your request will get passed on to them via Nationwide's internal mail system.

I shouldn't bother about ringing them.

U won't have tangible proof of what they tell U, if they are economical with the truth and U have to take them to Court to comply.

Here's a link for U to look at if U are panicking about if the worse happens...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

• Haha 1