style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi is there Any one who can help i have just had an offer from Halifax i sent a letter NOT excepting it i sent it by post where it has to be signed for but 14 days later the post office say they havent had signature, has anyone else had this happen to them???

:-|

opps just wondering if they do this on perpose as in there letter they said if they didnt get a reply in 14 days they would take it that i have excepted the offer

very confused:confused:

Did the post office say the item had been delivered but just not been signed for? Normally, big companies receiving bulk recorded items have them listed down on a postal delivery sheet which the postal worker is responsible for ensuring is signed at the point of delivering the batch.

To be honest with you tina, according to what I've read on the site, you have no legal obligation to sign and return within 14 days and you should keep the mindset that you have rejected and are continuing with your claim.

You may feel happy sending another recorded letter on Monday to the bank, just confirming that having rejected their letter ("please see enclosed copy letter sent on [recorded ID ref]"), you intend to rigorously pursue full refund of your charges.

Also, if they stick the money back in your account, there's a template letter on the site for you to instruct them to take it back. If they send it by cheque, just return it.

I'm sure yours is not the first recorded letter to go astray in the Royal Mail system (which I personally think is very lacking).

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

hi welshcakes

The post office said that they havent got a record of it even being delivered and to try on the 19th April I couldnt believe it my replay was why would I do that are you telling me it takes 21 days for a letter to arrive that has to be signed for!!!! but i can make a claim then for what about £1.50 lol

I, m going to do the letter agiain now take it to the post office in the morning and this time send it Special Delivery to be delivery by 10am monday,

Thnx for you help

:)